• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

So basically finish all side quests asap?

That should be the general rule whenever one is interested in them, but the
Goliath attack
is scripted to occur during a conversation with
Pascal
- the same character who you have to talk to after a quest involving
a member of their village.

TL;DR: The last point in a side quest I was doing was also the trigger of the next story mission, so I got worried after seeing the results of that mission.

How are so many of you playing this early? Is the Japanese copy in English or something?

All copies have the language options listed in the OP. Many here have the JP copy, while most have the HK copy because it's cheaper.

Slaythe

1) where do you get the engine blade with no story spoiler if possible

2) how long do the boost you get from player corpse last ?

Audioboxer

That should be the general rule whenever one is interested in them, but the
Goliath attack
is scripted to occur during a conversation with
Pascal
- the same character who you have to talk to after a quest involving
a member of their village.

TL;DR: The last point in a side quest I was doing was also the trigger of the next story mission, so I got worried after seeing the results of that mission.

All copies have the language options listed in the OP. Many here have the JP copy, while most have the HK copy because it's cheaper.

Cool, cheers. I assumed that but sometimes it's like all European/US copies have ALL languages instead of just a few. It's rare Asian copies do. Although Hong Kong does often have English!

I'll probably still wait for a physical copy.

cube001

Should I sell machine cores? It says on the description that it can be exchanged for money but does it have any other uses?

So is it good folks?

Oh yeah.

Should I sell machine cores? It says on the description that it can be exchanged for money but does it have any other uses?

Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no.

Please let the answer be no.

TrueHero

I was a big fan of the first NieR. As long as the game-play is better (which it definitely is from the looks of it) and the story is alright, I'll be a happy camper :^)

cube001

Oh yeah.

Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no. Please let the answer be no.

Please let the answer be no.

I have 6 of these so far and it's very tempting to sell them all out since I'm in need for extra cash and 60K would help a lot :D.... I sure hope that the answer is no as well lol

How many you sold though?

So is it good folks?

It's probably the best game Yoko Taro's ever worked on so I guess. Route B might be a bit boring for some, but there seems to be a lot of high quality content in the game, from cool presentation moments to unique game mechanics to other creative scenarios and it ends really well too.

Down the road, I think it'll be looked on as one of the best Square Enix games period.

Factory but can't get to the area it's in until later on in the game.

What are you having trouble with? I don't remember anything bad there.
The room spawns with
LoADsssss of bombers , they one shot you on hard.

Anyway my game just crashed on what I assume is boss of that area c:

pezzie

Spam R2 when the attacks come if you're having trouble with timing, then whack away when it slows down.

Or just drop the game to easy til after the intro is done and you can save.

Jiraiza

Damn, if you pay attention, you end up seeing stuff like this.

WRaQvB6.jpg

Pro-tip: a machine core seems to consistently drop after failing the
Parade
quest near the Camp. I didn't get it down to a science, so I don't know if it's actually a drop or a consolation prize or what, but I got like four of them in my struggles to complete that
hilarious
bastard of a quest.

will there be a chip that let you see treasure on the map? There's so much locked treasure that i found, they're all hidden everywhere, it will be tiring to search for them all again in every area once i can unlock them!

still didn't beat the game, 60% of sidequest done, 19h of gameplay

Slaythe

The main problem is that I suck against the wide attack of the first gigantic saw.

Put Evade on L1 , and POD on R2 .

That should simplify the game for you because you can dodge at any time now without developing a "death grip" with your hand.

You can spam the dodge ability to avoid that saw.

You can also put the game on easy at first to get familiar with the game, pass the first boss then set it back to normal.

when i read people here already at their second or third playthrough... do you not do the sidequest at all? Or did you did them all, but the second playthrough is very fast to complete?

Jiraiza

when i read people here already at their second or third playthrough... do you not do the sidequest at all? Or did you did them all, but the second playthrough is very fast to complete?

I didn't do many sidequests on my first playthrough, so I did most of what was available in the second one. I have 40 hours logged so far.

Oresama

6 hours in, and I... don't think this is a very good game...

Combat is initially fun, but way too limited. It doesn't even feel like an action RPG, it feels like a shallow, depth lacking hack and slash. A poor imitation of Platinum Games better works.

Enemies are not varied enough. Most of them are really similar, visually and mechanically.

World traversal is a bit of a drag, world itself is overall empty and soulless. I get why, but then why is this an open world game in the first place?

Performance isn't good, which is weird since the game doesn't look taxing at all.

Story is very spare, at least in the first playthrough.

Side quests, while some of them contains good writing, are all backtracking based fetch quests.

Music is phenomenal.

Everyone seems to love it her so I hope it gets better for me, but replaying the portion I played for B ending is already a huge turn off.

Yes, after watching a few streamers for hours I got similar impressions.

I'm not a fan or follower of the series, was just looking for a good game and this initially looked promising.

I'll grab it down the road when it sells at a deep discount.

Put Evade on L1 , and POD on R2 .

That should simplify the game for you because you can dodge at any time now without developing a "death grip" with your hand.

You can spam the dodge ability to avoid that saw.

You can also put the game on easy at first to get familiar with the game, pass the first boss then set it back to normal.
Thanks! Had no idea you can customize the controls.

MechaX

So... without much spoilers, on a scale from Normal Video Game Ending to Full Power-Yoko Taro Drakengard Ending E, how crazy is the last ending?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay so the buttjiggle gif that is being RT'd around on twitter; ingame costume or glitch?

Top Bottom