• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo acquires $150 million company that's not Japanese and not gaming related

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronson

Sharks were the item of the day, they had no choice but to pay out

N4LhfQa.png

Ubisoft's O.zen is going mysteriously unreleased. (I've been watching it because I'm interested in biofeedback sorts of things) http://ozen.ubi.com/en-gb/index.aspx

That might explain why things went so quiet. It DOES look like the sort of casual crap Nintendo would be interested in releasing.

Forgot about that. It really could be something similar.
Is it like breath controlled flappy bird or something? I think that would give me a heart attack.

To put it in perspective, didn't MS spend the same amount on R&D for the XB1 controller? Fascinating to see such large sums tossed around, especially from a company that is supposedly on the path to destruction.

Lunar15

Most likely related to their quality of life developments.

Could be for a console though. Remember, they had to buy the tech for the Wii's motion capabilities.

Zeppeli

Banned
Got a leak from an inside source with an image containing the product.

Apparently, the tagline is, "Mario's been a BAHd BAHd boy..."

9zWel4v.png

It's a GPS manufacturer that will make receivers for the 3DS successor and the QOL device. The GPS menu (called "Nintendo Maru-Mari World") will take 15 seconds to load from the home screen and, in keeping with Nintendo's global-oriented thinking, will automatically point out any bullet trains, hot springs, and high school culture festivals near you.

So it's useless if I need to buy a slightly used pair of boxer shorts from a vending machine?

pls nintendo

It's a GPS manufacturer that will make receivers for the 3DS successor and the QOL device. The GPS menu (called "Nintendo Maru-Mari World") will take 15 seconds to load from the home screen and, in keeping with Nintendo's global-oriented thinking, will automatically point out any bullet trains, hot springs, and high school culture festivals near you.

Haha, what a post!

Weng

Ubisoft's O.zen is going mysteriously unreleased. (I've been watching it because I'm interested in biofeedback sorts of things) http://ozen.ubi.com/en-gb/index.aspx

That might explain why things went so quiet. It DOES look like the sort of casual crap Nintendo would be interested in releasing.
Isn't this exactly the same as the vitality sensor? I don't know why they should buy something they already developed themselves.
The O.zen sensor
O.zen sensor is a unique and innovative heart rate technology that will track your breathing beat by beat.

Key Monitor
Contains Ubisoft technology for cardiac signal detection and processing as well as your user profile

Fingertip
Slips on your finger and measures your heartbeat

BurnsyDelight

Neo Member
I'm kind of shocked noone has found any source beyond a tweet for this information. Blogs and blogs and blogs reporting it, all from this one tweet.

To get some 3rd party support.

And again I say...

Why would they want to?

Let's be clear... if Nintendo made the most powerful system they wouldn't suddenly get the best versions of ports... they'd still mostly get quick ports because Nintendo does not have a reputation like Microsoft of Sony (see Gamecube generation, where there were often PS2 games that played/looked better despite the gamecubes much better hardware).

The only way Nintendo would ever hope to get parity on ports would be if they literally took the place of one of the main two, which isn't going to happen since neither Microsoft or Sony are dropping out of the game industry any time soon. Nintendo is best off blazing their own path.

AdanVC

VR technology obviously. To be announced at E3 2015. Nintendogs and a FPS starring Reggie as launch titles. 4K graphics. $300 dollars with Wii Sports Club Ultra HD bundled. BOOM!!

Effer

Isn't this exactly the same as the vitality sensor? I don't know why they should buy something they already developed themselves.

Nintendo's reason for abandoning the Vitality Sensor was (purportedly) because they could only get it working with 90% of users, and they needed 100%. Perhaps Ubisoft's technology does work with everyone.

Key Monitor
Contains Ubisoft technology for cardiac signal detection and processing as well as your user profile

When we find out what "non-wearables" are, we will become enlightened beyond measure. A true state of nirvana will sweep us away into a higher plane of QoL.

Please be something good.

StoopKid

And again I say...

Let's be clear... if Nintendo made the most powerful system they wouldn't suddenly get the best versions of ports... they'd still mostly get quick ports because Nintendo does not have a reputation like Microsoft of Sony (see Gamecube generation, where there were often PS2 games that played/looked better despite the gamecubes much better hardware).

The only way Nintendo would ever hope to get parity on ports would be if they literally took the place of one of the main two, which isn't going to happen since neither Microsoft or Sony are dropping out of the game industry any time soon. Nintendo is best off blazing their own path.

A quick port of madden is better than no madden .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom