• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for Super Mario Bros Movie announced for October 6

Draugoth

Gold Member
FeOvtwBXwAMXgJN
ju7n13rdqsr91.jpg

Tune in at 1:05 p.m. PT on 10/6 for a #NintendoDirect: The Super Mario Bros. Movie presentation introducing the world premiere trailer for the upcoming film (no game information will be featured).

Last edited:

Doom85

Putting that asside, I don’t see how this movie is going to be any good.

We can only pray Nintendo had people supervising it the way Charles Schultz’s grandkids supervised The Peanuts Movie to make sure Blue Sky didn’t fuck it up.

Because Illumination is to me the most creatively bankrupt animation studio these days. They started off okay with the first two Despicable Mes but it was all downhill from there. Minions 2‘s final trailer was the most obnoxious shit I’ve seen all year. Just tons of screaming and barely anything else. I pray to god Nintendo doesn’t let them release a Mario movie that is the usual Illumination shtick because if so:

Matthew Broderick GIF

jaysius

Banned
The issue is, writing in Mario games is never strong, the story is never anything but basic, Mario is a character like loves shrooms and turning into animals when he touches random objects, that's it, also he's some kind of cuck for the princess.

If this story that they shit out is pure drivel I just hope it doesn't become cannon, we don't need a talking Mario in the games, those are fine just the way they are.

If anything, this will just be a cruelty to fans showing what a Mario could look like if it was on a machine with power... yes it wouldn't be CGI quality, but it could at least be rendered much nicer and a closer analog to this animation.

blacktout

I have extremely low expectations for the film, which is fine, since it's for kids and I don't want my sick stranglehold on my own childhood nostalgia to prevent an actual child from experiencing joy over this.

That said, aside from the weirdly excessive texturing on Mario's clothes, the poster is actually kind of awesome. I like how it captures the verticality of the games' landscapes. It's definitely more artful than I was expecting.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I'm excited and terrified. I'm not a fan of illumination, but I do trust Nintendo not to fuck it up.

JimmyF

I'm just curious why it needs a Direct. The movie is still so far away and isn't a 2 minute trailer not enough?
I guess we'll see.

ZoukGalaxy

I want to see Bowser.
wii u bowser GIF

why it needs a direct
Marketing and advertisement ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, the more I see the preview picture, the more I want to explore this world in a game with these graphics, damn, it's beautiful ! 😻

Last edited:

Sybrix

Is this film full animation or like Sonic with real world people also?

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Looking forward to it! Casting makes this movie automatically fun because otherwise I wouldn't care lol

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Mario has no ass. I think even Nintendo models him more plump.

Putting that asside, I don’t see how this movie is going to be any good.
I love how with everything going on in that pic your first reflex is to check out his ass. 😂😂😂🤣🤣

The issue is, writing in Mario games is never strong, the story is never anything but basic, Mario is a character like loves shrooms and turning into animals when he touches random objects, that's it, also he's some kind of cuck for the princess.

If this story that they shit out is pure drivel I just hope it doesn't become cannon, we don't need a talking Mario in the games, those are fine just the way they are.

If anything, this will just be a cruelty to fans showing what a Mario could look like if it was on a machine with power... yes it wouldn't be CGI quality, but it could at least be rendered much nicer and a closer analog to this animation.
The Mario and Luigi games have great stories

Robb

Gold Member
Cool, I’m still very skeptical but looking forward to a trailer. Poster looks great at least.

Knightime_X

Looking at the poster just makes me wish that nintendo had more powerful hardware, just imagine a great looking Mario game at 60fps.
Plot twist.
Nintendo secretly used switch 2's hardware to display the movie graphics as their way to lowkey reveal their next console.

🤣

Last edited:
Is CGI falling out of favor? Why the push for live action with games?
Same with live action Anime on Netflix, That One Piece live action, is there any hope at all for that?

Bragr

Banned
I pray to god Nintendo doesn’t let them release a Mario movie that is the usual Illumination shtick because if so:
It is, the movie was so bad they had to delay it because everyone who saw it hated it. This is absolutely gonna be minions bad.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That One Piece live action, is there any hope at all for that?
hhn.gif

they couldn’t even get Ghost in the Shell or Death Note right which was much easier to do live action for, let alone very cartoony and over top anime like One Piece.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So no Silksong shadow-drop this time either, uh. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom