• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2016

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh wow, didn't notice the weekly check-ins to My Nintendo & their official site (which I already do on Wednesdays to see what's releasing the following day).

That's actually REALLY good if you're able to keep a group of friends willing to help each other out. Hell, 120 of it is just weekly check-ins. Maybe I'm okay with this instead of points via games after all.

Hopefully, this means I'll be able to get WarioWare Touched by the end of the month.

Pokemaniac

Guys, is Yoshi's Story worth a buy? I've been wanting to play it for years and I actually liked NYI and YWW a lot. Is YS a somewhat lengthy game and do you guys recommend it?

The game is weird. There are 4 levels per world, but you only play one from each and the available levels are decided by how many collectables you got in the previous level. The levels also don't have clearly defined goalposts, instead being somewhat more open ended and finish when you eat a certain amount of fruit.

It's really just a very different experience from the other Yoshi games.

BooJoh

Guys, is Yoshi's Story worth a buy? I've been wanting to play it for years and I actually liked NYI and YWW a lot. Is YS a somewhat lengthy game and do you guys recommend it?

Yoshi's Story is fun, cute (sometimes annoyingly so) and IMO pretty solid, though a lot of people just plain hate it. The clincher is that there are 24 levels (4 per world) but you only play 6 levels per playthrough, based on which level you choose in World 1 and how well you do at completing each level.

Hi, tried the sales thread got no reply, i'll try here since is more active. XD

As a person that has played most of these games in their original version, i want to know which ones have received the most care, overhauls or are more feature rich in these conversions to the 3DS.

Pokemaniac

Hi, tried the sales thread got no reply, i'll try here since is more active. XD

As a person that has played most of these games in their original version, i want to know which ones have received the most care, overhauls or are more feature rich in these conversions to the 3DS.

Can you be a bit more specific? I think there's some missing context here.

Can you be a bit more specific? I think there's some missing context here.
My apologies, yes like Zonic pointed out, i was talking about the Sega 3D Classics in sale right now at the eShop. Which ones got the most investment, care and extras in the porting process?

BooJoh

Just an FYI, Star Fox Zero does have a confirmed digital price for NA. $49.99 with $4.99 discount for either Zero or Guard if you own the other.

http://starfoxzero.nintendo.com/buy/
Digital versions of the Star Fox Zero game and the Star Fox Guard game will be available individually through Nintendo.com or Nintendo eShop. Star Fox Zero can be purchased for US$49.99 / CDN$64.99. Star Fox Guard can be purchased for US$14.99 / CDN$19.99.

Digital discount: Customers who purchase the digital version of either Star Fox Zero or Star Fox Guard will receive an automatic US$4.99 / CDN$9.99 discount through Nintendo.com or Nintendo eShop upon purchase of the other game.

My apologies, yes like Zonic pointed out, i was talking about the Sega 3D Classics in sale right now at the eShop. Which ones got the most investment, care and extras in the porting process?

I'm going to get Gunstar Heroes before the sale ends. They added some extra features that allow you to switch between weapons on the fly, change whether you stand still or move when you shoot, and they added a mode that lets you have 200 health instead of starting with 100. I have the VC game on Wii and it's pretty hard, so I'm hoping the 3D classics version is better.

I've also heard Streets of Rage 2 is good, but I'm not really into that sort of game personally.

maxcriden

Just curious, have you played the other two Yoshi's Island games, and the bonus GBA-only levels in SMA4? ☺

Shizza

Is there anyway to buy the new Hyrule Warrior Legends DLC via the WiiU eShop or Nintendo.com?

It looks like the free Medli download comes in late Spring, then the character packs (characters from the 3DS version) come to the Wii U in the Summer, and the additional characters via the season pass also arrive in the Summer.

TheMoon

Yes, I recommend it but no it's not a lengthy game. Been ages since I've played it but I didn't know people hated it until I read it on the internet.

Is there anyway to buy the new Hyrule Warrior Legends DLC via the WiiU eShop or Nintendo.com?

You cannot buy any 3DS DLC outside of the specific game. That's always how it works, it's an in-game store every time.

Muzy72

Banned
omg I love the new web eShop. Even the special discounts like VC upgrade price show up on it. I just impulse bought Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge because my 15% off discount for owning the original Mutant Mudds showed up on it lol.

So nice for Nintendo to embrace the modern age. They're nailing this stuff.

EDIT: never mind, trying to buy a game with a special discount is a little buggy right now, lol. Got this error:
SoEPPiG.jpg

But still, progress!

jholmes

People have come out to defend the quality, but one thing about Yoshi's Story is that in terms of length, it's a lot like StarFox 64, if that helps.

It's not a perfect game but it's harder than people make it out to be, specifically if you're trying for a good score. Many of the stages are really good too, unfortunately 2-4 isn't one of them and a lot of people play it on their first run.

zroid

Banned
omg I love the new web eShop. Even the special discounts like VC upgrade price show up on it. I just impulse bought Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge because my 15% off discount for owning the original Mutant Mudds showed up on it lol.

So nice for Nintendo to embrace the modern age. They're nailing this stuff.

EDIT: never mind, trying to buy a game with a special discount is a little buggy right now, lol. Got this error:
SoEPPiG.jpg

But still, progress!
I was having the same problem earlier when trying to upgrade a VC game. Ah well.

omg I love the new web eShop. Even the special discounts like VC upgrade price show up on it. I just impulse bought Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge because my 15% off discount for owning the original Mutant Mudds showed up on it lol!

Have fun with Mutant Mudds. It really is a lot harder than the original so it really is a super challenge. I just have two more levels and the final boss left to play.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My friend had the same issue when he was trying to redeem old OlliOlli codes from a Nindie bundle to get some points for My Nintendo.

wilflare

It looks like the free Medli download comes in late Spring, then the character packs (characters from the 3DS version) come to the Wii U in the Summer, and the additional characters via the season pass also arrive in the Summer.

You cannot buy any 3DS DLC outside of the specific game. That's always how it works, it's an in-game store every time.

oh well. I was hoping to buy the Season Pass for my WiiU without having to unwrap my 3DS copy :/ (part of the collection, lol)

so does the Web eShop work like the PSN Store now?

Damn guys. I spent my last $60 on eShop cards to try and get enough gold points for a reward discount. Nintendo loves money and not only that, but it was kind of stingy not to give you gold points for games that are less than $5.

BooJoh

oh well. I was hoping to buy the Season Pass for my WiiU without having to unwrap my 3DS copy :/ (part of the collection, lol)
I'm guessing you're probably already aware, but the Wii U season pass doesn't include the new maps or the My Fairy stuff. The 3DS version has (and will get more) extra content that will never be in the Wii U version.

so does the Web eShop work like the PSN Store now?
Not everything is on there yet. For example, there's only one GB VC game and no GBC VC games.

I don't know if the online store has the same functionality, but on the MyNintendo site when I redeemed Twilight Princess Picross I was able to click a button on my PC to redeem it and it automatically started downloading in sleep mode on my 3DS.

KingWool

Banned
Damn guys. I spent my last $60 on eShop cards to try and get enough gold points for a reward discount. Nintendo loves money and not only that, but it was kind of stingy not to give you gold points for games that are less than $5.

Yeah that's seriously lame. I'll be ignoring NES games [especially since no Cross Buy] and any other $5 or less games

me0wish

Is Woolly World actually any good?

One of my favorite platformers ever made, much better than Epic Yarn which I also loved. Each level is creative and colorful, and if you are into collecting stuff, it makes the game much more challenging and fun.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to get back to Woolly World one of these days (OMG SCREW 4-S & THE GIANT PIRANHA PLANT CHASING YOU), but it honestly felt like the Yoshi's Island sequel that I wanted all these years. DS just felt really off to the point I didn't even get past the first world, & I didn't even bother with New Yoshi's Island.

Phoenixus

Been meaning to download Link Between worlds for a while, used the discount code to do so this week for a bargain £12, ta Nintendo! Give us some more good downloads this week so I can save up some more gold coins. :D

Shizza

Is Woolly World actually any good?

Oh my god. I just finished playing through it, and I thought it was INCREDIBLE! If you like the Yoshi games, this is that series' pinnacle. There's so much charm it's unbearable. The music is soothing. The platforming is tight. The aesthetic is neat, and carried through exquisitely. The difficulty has a fantastic ramp to it, like 3D World. You can blast through it, or focus on all the collectables
to unlock the bonus stages and boss tent
. Highly recommend!

Robin64

Love the little remixes of TP music in TP Picross. Really nice touch, was expecting just music rips from TP.

Just a reminder, Monday is the reset for weekly My Nintendo stuff, which means a nice easy 120 Plat Coins today.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, so it's Mondays when it resets.

But yeah, so glad there's weekly bonuses for just checking into My Nintendo & Nintendo's official site. A minimum of 120 points per week is great. Not to mention the easy points in Miitomo, so overall, you can earn around 200 per week even if you don't have a bunch of friends to leave comments or give hearts just for answering/listening to questions & switching your clothes.

Speaking of which, I wonder if next month, we'll see discounts on other games & some more 3DS themes. I really want that one of all the different systems.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, EU got them? I must've not seen that, but maybe that means after the two the US have now, we'll get those eventually.

I'm just glad that the US actually has 3DS themes as rewards now, can't believe we never got any under Club Nintendo.

@MUWANdo

Banned

For future reference, games give gold coins based on their standard price, not their sales price, so if you buy a $5 game that's on sale for less you'll still get the coins.

The Sega 3D Classics that are on sale right now are an easy example: the discounted price is $4 but the standard price is $6, so you can buy for $4 and still get your $5 gold coin bonus.

Robin64

What's annoying is that the Sega 3D Classics are £4.49 here in the UK as standard, which is 1p under the minimum spend for points.

Robin64

Thanks to GoNintendo, I shall copy and paste from there:

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Asdivine Hearts (KEMCO) - €9.99/£8.99
Travel alongside four companions and a cat in a fantasy RPG featuring stunning animated turn-based battles! One year ago, the world of Asdivine was enveloped by a brilliant flash of light. Since that time, the influence of shadow has only continued to grow ever more powerful across the face of the land. Although the event itself was undoubtedly connected with the heavens, few people seem to have realized the far-reaching implications of what transpired. Now turning to the present, a surprising revelation awaits a young man by the name of Zack and his childhood friend, Stella, in the capital from a chubby cat claiming to be none other than the Light Deity and declaring the world to be on the verge of destruction… Asdivine Hearts offers plenty of sub-quests, a battle arena, treasure to dig for, and an enemy guide to complete. By taking puzzle piece-like jewels and setting them in a box known as a rubix, players are able to customize characters! How far can you level and how many millions of damage can you dish out? All these challenges await you and more!

Lovely Planet (tinyBuild Games) - €9.99/£7.99 (€8.49/£6.74 if you downloaded the Lovely Planet Event Preview. Ends May 7.)
With boots of speed on your feet, an infinite supply of bullets for your semi-automatic and the ability to jump over twice your own height, you're well equipped to go up against any enemy on your quest to reach Lovely Planet! Balance between jumping around dodging bullets and taking aim for a better shot at your enemies, don't waste time camping at cover spots and waiting for enemies to pop out - artfully evade the onslaught of bullets and defeat all baddies that stand in your way!

Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus (Askys Games) - €13.34/£12.09
Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus fuses together action adventure and RPG elements with lavish visuals to create a nostalgic world unlike anything you’ve seen before. Navigate your way through hordes of nefarious monsters and massive boss battles in retro pixelated 2D glory! Solve puzzles, converse with locals and gain skills to restore hope to the once peaceful Exidus.

Epic Dumpster Bear (Log Games) - €9.49/£7.49
An evil corporation destroyed his forest forcing him to eat dumpster food to survive. Now it's his turn to take out the trash. Epic Dumpster Bear is an action packed platformer inspired by the 16-bit classics where you play as a dumpster bear with a chip on his shoulder. Over 70 levels filled with tricky platforming, challenging bosses, and secret levels to be discovered. Over 35 unlockable Miiverse stamps and bonus puzzle levels throughout the game that take unique advantage of the Wii U GamePad. Classic platforming action-7 worlds and over 70 levels to complete. Smooth gameplay and precise control. Off TV play. Over 35 unlockable Miiverse Stamps. Bonus levels that take advantage of the Wii U GamePad-Secret Exits and Levels to be discovered. Wii U Pro Controller support.

Super Robo Mouse (RCMADIAX) - €4.49/£4.09
We need your help! ROBO has been captured by the evil BOLTZ CLAN and needs assistance getting him safely to the goal. PLEASE HURRY!

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension (Nintendo, Wii DL) - €19.99/£17.99
Hit the treasure trail and embark on a rescue mission with a difference in Wario Land: The Shake Dimension. When the innocent Queen Merelda is captured, only a hero with determination, strength and courage will be able to rescue her. Enter Wario. He certainly has what it takes to save the day, but not because he cares about the fate of the Queen – he’s only in it for the money!

Legend has it that Queen Merelda’s captor, the ruthless pirate Shake King, is in possession of a wallet that comes with an infinite supply of cash. With his mind on the money, Wario sets out to free the lady in waiting and reap the rewards.

Special offers
99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/ £1.34 (Ends May 5, normally €2.49/£2.29)
Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/ £1.34 (Ends May 5, normally €2.49/£2.29)
Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends May 5, normally €5.99/£5.39)
Joe’s Diner (Joindots) - €7.19/£5.39 (Ends April 21, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Kung Fu FIGHT! (Nostatic Software) - €1.49/£1.11 (Ends July 14, normally €1.99/£1.49)
Master Reboot (Wales Interactive) - €5.99/£4.99 (Ends May 5, normally €11.99/£9.99)
Nano Assault Neo (Shin’en Multimedia) - €7.49/£6.70 (Ends April 28, normally €9.99/£8.99)
SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends April 21, normally €8.99/£6.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Witch & Hero 2 (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.19
To save the lost witch and hero from the demon lord, the little witch and little hero get to fight again! Witch and Hero 2 is an action game that controls both little witch and little hero at the same time.

The little hero is physically strong and stands up forever no matter how many times he's beaten.

The little witch is weak physically so when the game is over when she's down. When the little hero covers the little witch and fights, they can collect monster's blood from defeated enemies. When the little witch's magic gauge is full, she can use magic to fight back the dangerous enemy. Clear the stage by defeating the boss at certain times in the stage, aim to revenge the demon lord at last.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo, available April 8) - €39.99/£34.99
All of your favourite Mario and Sonic characters are ready to join the fun in Rio de Janeiro, host of the Olympic Games in 2016. Then take the rivalry on the road with this portable collection of supercharged events like Soccer, Table Tennis, or test your skills in a challenging game of Golf.

Frozen (Disney, theme available April 8) - €2.49/£2.29
A Frozen theme featuring Anna, Elsa and Olaf. The snow flutters around as you scroll the Touch Screen.

Mickey & Friends (Disney, theme available April 8) - €2.49/£2.29
A theme featuring Mickey Mouse and his friends. The top screen scrolls through familiar characters like Donald Duck and Goofy.

Stitch (Disney, theme available April 8) - €2.49/£2.29
A theme featuring Stitch. The top screen is a big picture of Stitch, and small images of Stitch and Angel fill the Touch Screen.

The Little Mermaid (Disney, theme available April 8) - €2.49/£2.29
A theme of The Little Mermaid. It features Ariel, Flounder and Sebastian in their undersea paradise.

Special offers
SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends April 21, normally €8.99/£7.99)
Football Up Online (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends May 5, normally €3.99/£3.59)
Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends April 21, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends April 21, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Pazuru (Joindots) - €4.49/£2.99 (Ends April 21, normally €5.99/£5.39)
Undead Bowling (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends April 21, normally €6.99/£4.99)
The Magic Hammer (Wobbly Tooth) - €2.99/£2.99 (Permanent, was €4.99/£4.49)

gerudoman

Another week without a SNES game on 3DS. I didn't expect to see one game per week, but you'd think they would at least release DKC3 close to the other ones.

Top Bottom