• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2016

Rizzi

Oh shit, this might push me towards buying a wii remote.
Always wanted to play that Wario Land.
Glad to hear that Woolly World is good. It looks adorable.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd be up for replaying Wario Land: Shake it when it hits the US. I think I beat it, but didn't 100% it (probably because they took the ONE thing I disliked about Wario Land 4, the "HOLY CRAP YOU PRESSED THE SWITCH NOW RUSH BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE STAGE AGAIN OH BTW THERE'S SOME STUFF YOU CAN ONLY COLLECT DURING THIS PART WHILE UNDER THE TIME LIMIT" thing & put it in that).

Simbabbad

Wario Land : The Shake Dimension is a masterpiece. I beat that one 100% back then, and it's probably my favourite game of that generation.

Now if they could release a Wario Land on 3DS... I'd even take a remake of Virtual Boy Wario Land.

For future reference, games give gold coins based on their standard price, not their sales price, so if you buy a $5 game that's on sale for less you'll still get the coins.

The Sega 3D Classics that are on sale right now are an easy example: the discounted price is $4 but the standard price is $6, so you can buy for $4 and still get your $5 gold coin bonus.

Yeah, I knew that. I got my 10 coins for buying Gunstar Heroes.

The part I was complaining about was that 4.99 games don't count toward points.

n64coder

Just a reminder, Monday is the reset for weekly My Nintendo stuff, which means a nice easy 120 Plat Coins today.

CfLZmMFW8AAgo7X.jpg

Am I missing something? The last two bonuses are not available for US. I only have the eShop and the Miiverse. I don't any missions for signing into MyNintendo or checking out the official Nintendo website. I wonder if those are only for Europe?

Am I missing something? The last two bonuses are not available for US. I only have the eShop and the Miiverse. I don't any missions for signing into MyNintendo or checking out the official Nintendo website. I wonder if those are only for Europe?

I think they're secret/hidden. You should get the points if you do them anyway, check your balance before and after

Robin64

No, they are worldwide. They just don't show as missions. Consider them secret missions. Doing the task will still get you the coins, as you'll see in your point history.

For the My Nintendo one, just look for a coin next to your Mii and click it.

I downloaded Gunstar heroes when I was going to bed and don't remember turning off the system and putting it on the floor.

The game icon is showing up where my launcher badge for Activity log was and I don't know where the launcher went. Very strange.

n64coder

No, they are worldwide. They just don't show as missions. Consider them secret missions. Doing the task will still get you the coins, as you'll see in your point history.

Does it have to be done from the Miitomo App? Or the 3DS/WiiU ?

I was trying to do it from the PC since I don't have any of the above with me at work.

Robin64

Does it have to be done from the Miitomo App? Or the 3DS/WiiU ?

I was trying to do it from the PC since I don't have any of the above with me at work.

I did all of them from the PC except for the signing in to eShop, which needs a 3DS/U

GulAtiCa

The new gold coin thing, will likely have me adjusting some future game prices. Like I have a $9.99 game coming in a few months. Will essentially bump it up 1 cent to $10.00. Same with with my Fall $4.99 game to $5.00.

Hell, I have a $2.99 game I'll be submitting to Nintendo in a few weeks. Part of me thinking of upping the Gameplay and push to make it $5. Maybe.

Robin64

Haha yeah, was thinking that. I expect to see a lot of indie devs doing the same. 1 cent for 10 more points is a bargain.

PtM

Banned
The new gold coin thing, will likely have me adjusting some future game prices. Like I have a $9.99 game coming in a few months. Will essentially bump it up 1 cent to $10.00. Same with with my Fall $4.99 game to $5.00.

Hell, I have a $2.99 game I'll be submitting to Nintendo in a few weeks. Part of me thinking of upping the Gameplay and push to make it $5. Maybe.
Upping by 1ct seems reasonable. 2.01, not so much.

gerudoman

I downloaded Gunstar heroes when I was going to bed and don't remember turning off the system and putting it on the floor.

The game icon is showing up where my launcher badge for Activity log was and I don't know where the launcher went. Very strange.

Yeah, same thing happened to me when I downloaded Flipnote the other day. Its icon replaced the Animal Crossing badge I had for the Mii Plaza and I had to manually place it again.

Yeah, same thing happened to me when I downloaded Flipnote the other day. Its icon replaced the Animal Crossing badge I had for the Mii Plaza and I had to manually place it again.

It happened to me twice so far actually, both times with a different Activity Log launcher badge, in the same space. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

TheMoon

FreezeMe
5 hours ago

The patch for the Wii U American version has been finally approved and should be available tomorrow of the day after smile emoticon

This is what it contains:

FEATURES
-Green statue added to the HUB, now you can change your Green Pigcoins there
-The stats now display the time in minutes and seconds
-Now R has more oxygen while underwater
-Signs indicating the location of the cubes have now text
-Now if you are crawling and press the Jump button R will roll up and stand up quickly

BUGS FIXED
-In some rare cases R was wallsliding against nothing
-Some issues with controls when playing on external HDDs
-You could easily get into the salamander sanctuary without exploding the wall
-When entering on a specific moment the camera could get stuck in the teleporter
-When landing in some specific platforms R turned into a Giant
-The first person view has now the same behavior as the main camera
-Logolo could punch you out of Sunshine Valley
-Pontus in some cases would not fight back
-Application would hang if you die by falling at the same time a timer is running out
-Some issues with the scenery where R could get stuck
-Cursor would not show up in Mini Coop if you did not plug a Nunchuk first
-Leaving the game resting on the level load screen would cause a lockup
-You could not turn R mode on using the Nunchuk + WiiMote
-If timed correctly, while sliding you could walk under water
-Now you can hit trees in Rage Mode
-In some rare cases R would slowdown in midair
-Dying inside the labyrinth on L2 while the camera was set to Manual caused the cam to misbehave
-You could talk to someone while in Close Cam
-The Ornithologist on L3 could give you the Green Pigcoin without completing the task
-Transparent cubes in L1 are now ignored by the camera
-Collecting a guinea pig, dying and retrying the same level would not allow to complete the sidequest
-The number of total salamanders needed to activate some extras was off
-The number of Cubes needed to enter L2 and L3 was off
-An issue with the colliders of the windows on the tower on l1
-Somersault angle has been reduced so it does not accidentally trigger so easily
-Some issues with the camera starting to shake

(all these were already implemented in the EU release).

good to know!

n64coder

This wasn't clear for me. I was clicking on the coin next to the Mii in the top right corner. It's actually the coin that is lying on the ground next to your Mii and the radio.

So I got all of my weekly bonus. Thanks! Off to download Twilight Princess Picross.

FYI - my local Target has apparently abandoned the Mario vs. DK: Amiibo Challenge promo rules. They just hung the pad with tear-off codes out next to the amiibos. You might want to check your own Targets for the same. I'll try to grab some extra codes next time I'm in if they are still up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, Target's doing it as well? I'll have to swing by tomorrow & see.

I didn't even know they were part of the promo, thought it was just Amazon, Best Buy, & GameStop.

jholmes

Yeah, it's very likely I'll keep it at $2.99. Doubt it will change. Wish you got gold coins for less then $5.

In Canada you have to spend $7 just to get gold coins. It's fucking BS.

Nintendo just raised the price of already-released Smash DLC this month too, even with the Canadian dollar worth MORE now.

Yeah, I was kind of figuring they wouldn't be a part of it, since they wouldn't be likely to have a code at every register, and the cashiers would be likely to get confused. I guess that's why they got lazy about it.

Shizza

This wasn't clear for me. I was clicking on the coin next to the Mii in the top right corner. It's actually the coin that is lying on the ground next to your Mii and the radio.

So I got all of my weekly bonus.

Thanks for the heads up, and now I've got mine as well! That was really unintuitive.

OuterLimits

For some reason I keep buying the Kemco RPGs. I have a couple on my Kindle Fire HDX as well. It's a strange sickness I tell you. Although a couple of them were somewhat enjoyable.

maxcriden

FYI - my local Target has apparently abandoned the Mario vs. DK: Amiibo Challenge promo rules. They just hung the pad with tear-off codes out next to the amiibos. You might want to check your own Targets for the same. I'll try to grab some extra codes next time I'm in if they are still up.

Thanks for the info! I wish there was a way to unlock the amiibo worlds without an amiibo, though.

TheMoon

I thought it wasn't released until this coming Thursday? Or is that only in certain regions?

NA has these silly Tuesday releases (PSN updates Tuesday so some pubs hit up NOA for a simultaneous release on the eShop as well, NOE doesn't do that).

sucks that wii u ports take forever. i've been waiting on android assault cactus and the next penelope for so long. i could just get it on steam but want it on wii u

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Checked my Target, they're indeed just letting people take sheets of Mini Mario Amiibo Challenge codes without having to buy amiibo.

Downloading the Wii U version, let's see how this game is.

TheMoon

sucks that wii u ports take forever. i've been waiting on android assault cactus and the next penelope for so long. i could just get it on steam but want it on wii u

yea and it's even worse then indies announce sooo early and then take years and you actually end up forgetting about them because they don't have the big publisher PR machine firing off flares every couple of months.

a bunch of those games I was excited about back when they were announced but then they took 2-3 years and better stuff came out in the mean time and they just flew by me.

Dee Dee

For some reason I keep buying the Kemco RPGs. I have a couple on my Kindle Fire HDX as well. It's a strange sickness I tell you. Although a couple of them were somewhat enjoyable.

I see them popping up all the time on the 3DS store and never keep interest up enough to even finish reading the press release.

Can you recommend any okay ones?

Kaleo

Neo Member
In Canada you have to spend $7 just to get gold coins. It's fucking BS.

Nintendo just raised the price of already-released Smash DLC this month too, even with the Canadian dollar worth MORE now.

So the Canadian prices were raised too?

Here on Brazil, the prices for everything DLC/microtransaction-related on Nintendo games (Badge Arcade plays, Pokémon Shuffle jewels, Smash DLC, Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates DLC, etc) raised around 100% or even more since March 31 - same day My Nintendo launched. Coincidence? Don't think so.

Two examples: Badge Arcade raised from BRL 1.99 to 3.99. And the Bayonetta + Umbra Clock Tower DLC pack raised from BRL 9.99 to 23.79.

It's noteworthy this happened only with Nintendo games. Third-party games with DLC stayed with the same prices as before.

gar3

Hi all,

I have a question regarding buying a game on Wii's Virtual Console. Right before the US launch of Wii U I went and purchased, what I thought, would be the rest of the Virtual Console games I wanted on Wii. Then, when the Wii U launched, I of course moved all my data and whatnot over to that console. Then as my account-owned Virtual Console games were put up in the eShop I rebought 'em on Wii U at the discount.

Well, apparently I want one last Super Nintendo title. Can I simply purchase this on my original Wii and have the game later appear as a discount in the eShop on Wii U or has transferring my data from Wii to Wii U mean that I must now boot my Wii U in Wii mode and buy the game there? Basically I'd like to have the game on as many consoles and places as I can (Wii, Wii mode for Wii U, and Wii U). Is this possible? I'd like to make sure since I have no idea where to buy and add additional Wii Points, ya know?

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

foltzie1

Well, apparently I want one last Super Nintendo title. Can I simply purchase this on my original Wii and have the game later appear as a discount in the eShop on Wii U or has transferring my data from Wii to Wii U mean that I must now boot my Wii U in Wii mode and buy the game there? Basically I'd like to have the game on as many consoles and places as I can (Wii, Wii mode for Wii U, and Wii U). Is this possible? I'd like to make sure since I have no idea where to buy and add additional Wii Points, ya know?

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

You would need to buy the game in Wii mode on the Wii U and it will immediately be discounted in the Wii U EShop.

In order to get more points on the Wii Shop you can buy them directly in the shop with a CC, the only catch is you have to buy set amounts of points.

You will not be able to have it both in Wii mode and the original Wii without either hacking or buying it twice.

gar3

Thanks for your thoughts, foltzie1.

So in other words I should just forget my original Wii exists for this purpose, boot the Wii U in Wii mode, buy 1,000 Wii Points via a credit card, buy the VC SNES game, re-boot the Wii U and the eShop and buy the VC SNES game at a discount there. I'll have the game in both Wii and Wii U mode and all will be done with no hope outside of teh haxorz to get the game on the original Wii. This is correct?

Hmm. Makes me wonder why I'm even going to all the trouble instead of just outright buying it on the eShop but if I did that I guess it'd never be tied to my original Wii account. Hmm.

foltzie1

Thanks for your thoughts, foltzie1.

So in other words I should just forget my original Wii exists for this purpose, boot the Wii U in Wii mode, buy 1,000 Wii Points via a credit card, buy the VC SNES game, re-boot the Wii U and the eShop and buy the VC SNES game at a discount there. I'll have the game in both Wii and Wii U mode and all will be done with no hope outside of teh haxorz to get the game on the original Wii. This is correct?

Correct

Hmm. Makes me wonder why I'm even going to all the trouble instead of just outright buying it on the eShop but if I did that I guess it'd never be tied to my original Wii account. Hmm.

If it is worth the hassle is up to you, but since the original Wii didnt have any sort of account infrastructure (game sales are tied to the Wii itself), so you cannot buy on one system and DL on another.

I'm finishing up my GB VC collection and I had these in my 'looks interesting' pile:

Adventure Island
Avenging Spirit
Radar Mission
The Sword of Hope II

Would you guys recommend any of them?

Umibozu

I'm finishing up my GB VC collection and I had these in my 'looks interesting' pile:

Adventure Island
Avenging Spirit
Radar Mission
The Sword of Hope II

Would you guys recommend any of them?
Adventure island is a fun sidescroller, avenging spirit is okay but a little short, sword of hope 2 is okay but can get a little boring later on and requires grinding at the end. I haven't played radar mission so I can't comment on that one.
Have you already played kirby's dreamland 2?
Also the vc gamegear games are fun if you haven't played those.

Top Bottom