• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2015

jholmes

Sweet! :)

CM3ISSjW8AAs1zP.png:large

Is that the main page? I have to confess I don't understand what the banner says.

Looks like you got huge placement! Kudos!

Guamu

sörine;176030726 said:
Awesome store visibility. Did NOA feature you like this, I can't remember?

I think that his game was in the "also this week" of the press release...and that's it

Oli

Do I understand the press release this week that monster hunter 4 will be 66% off? Seems to good to be true. I must be missing something.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Do I understand the press release this week that monster hunter 4 will be 66% off? Seems to good to be true. I must be missing something.

I agree. I'm shocked it's getting that big of a discount. I'll go digital if it hits that low. Guess we'll find out Monday.

GulAtiCa

I think that his game was in the "also this week" of the press release...and that's it

Yep. It got hidden essentially cause there were like 6 indie games that week. So no promotion. It did get promoted a little way later during a sale or 2. But nothing like this.

It helps I'm sure that this week only has 2 new indies. That and I'm doing a special sale. I actually knew for last 2 weeks that they were going to do this, they had me (& Camjo-Z) make a special banner. :)

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Capcom games on sale from 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 24 to 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 31.
  • Life of Pixel (reduced from $9.99 to $6.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 3.
  • Ping 1.5+ (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 3.
  • Super Destronaut (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 3
  • Tilelicious: Delicious Tiles (reduced from $5.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 10.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (Sega | Demo)
  • I Love My Cats (Bigben Interactive | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 24.
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and many more Capcom games from 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 24 to 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 31.
  • Aqua Moto Racing 3D, Snow Moto Racing 3D and Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D from Zordix are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 3.
  • Senran Kagura Burst (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 15.
  • Hazumi (reduced from $3.99 to $2.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 20.

vYU92.png

Wii U | Sales

• Rock Zombie (EnjoyUp Games) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends September 17, normally €6.99/£6.29)
  • 99 Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends September 17, normally €2.49/£2.29)
  • Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends September 17, normally €1.99/£1.79)

• Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (Sega | Demo)
  • I Love My Cats (Bigben Interactive | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €5.59/£4.99 (Ends September 3, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €5.59/£4.99 (Ends September 3, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • Real Heroes: Fire Fighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €6.99/£6.29 (Ends September 3, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • 2 Fast 4 Gnomz (QubicGames) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends September 17, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • Hazumi (Gamelion) - €2.69/£1.99 (Permanent, was €3.99/£3.20)

uxwGK.png

BooJoh

what is the deal with Ace attorney trilogy and the one for the 3ds? 29 bucks? damn it. Do they go on sale often?? I don't want to pay that much for a digital version of the game, and it's been out for almost 2 years

Keep in mind that these are basically full retail games, they just didn't think sales would justify physical release (in NA at least, I dunno if they were physical elsewhere.)

I picked up AA Trilogy (which is a remaster of 3 full DS games) on sale last time, I think it was around Christmas.

If you're looking to grab one I'd suggest waiting until the Capcom sale starts Monday and hope they're discounted then.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Keep in mind that these are basically full retail games, they just didn't think sales would justify physical release (in NA at least, I dunno if they were physical elsewhere.)

I picked up AA Trilogy (which is a remaster of 3 full DS games) on sale last time, I think it was around Christmas.

If you're looking to grab one I'd suggest waiting until the Capcom sale starts Monday and hope they're discounted then.

They were sold via retail in Japan. Also, I'm pretty sure they've been on sale before, although I could be wrong.

maxcriden

Just checked and...

EDIT: Yep, no longer freezing at the final boss fight. Hopefully a lot of the other bugs were crushed as well.

Just got to check myself and all the new glitches seem gone, at least based on a brief check. Wahoo! Thanks man for checking.

Ezalc

As a lover of Custom Robo, am I the only one who's hyped for Little Battlers? It looks a lot of fun, only thing is shame about that no online multiplayer. I'm actually considering picking it up day 1.

Experien

As a lover of Custom Robo, am I the only one who's hyped for Little Battlers? It looks a lot of fun, only thing is shame about that no online multiplayer. I'm actually considering picking it up day 1.

I loved Custom Robo and I am on the fence for this...not sure if I'll have enough time and how fun it is solo.

Refyref

I love Custom Robo and am interested in LBX, but will probably wait a while to get it, don't have much time right now.

I was going to try it, but I can't drop that much for it. If it had online I wouldn't mind paying sticker price. It's going to be one of those if I see it on sale/ I need a filler game for b2g1 types of games for me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If there's a demo for LBX, I'd try it. I'd like to try Custom Robo as well, though the amount of customization kind of seems overwhelming.

Oooh...WayForward teasing something on twitter. Hopefully it's not a mobile game.
Looks like its set in the Mighty Switch Force Universe except you play as a new employee of the police perhaps? Please just no more mobile or watch shit. Give me a 3DS game damnit! I just replayed MSF1&2 so hype!

Edit: I guess it could also be a prequal where Patricia is the new student. Hard to tell but looks like her...always felt the universe could be explored more.

Umibozu

I have it pre-ordered, hope it plays more like gotcha force than custom robo tbh

Thanks, I will wait and check!!!

jholmes

BooJoh

Looks like its set in the Mighty Switch Force Universe except you play as a new employee of the police perhaps? Please just no more mobile or watch shit. Give me a 3DS game damnit! I just replayed MSF1&2 so hype!

Edit: I guess it could also be a prequal where Patricia is the new student. Hard to tell but looks like her...always felt the universe could be explored more.

Pretty sure it's her.

https://www.facebook.com/WayForward...0778875445/900841499953032/?type=1&permPage=1

Never played Custom Robo but I'm preloading LBX right now. It reminds me a little of when I played Armored Core on PSX, except this looks a lot more accessible. I watched GameXplain's 1st hour and it looked like something I'll enjoy.

maxcriden

I'll be worried if it appears on the warawara plaza.

You think that's bad,

Software

1. Splatoon
2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Super Mario 64
4. Cube Life: Island Survival
5. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
6. Super Mario World
7. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
8. Super Mario Maker
9. Paper Mario
10. Super Mario Bros. 3
11. Super Mario Bros.
12. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
13. Donkey Kong 64
14. Journal of a Special Average Balloon

maxcriden

what on earth

No, silly. It's literally not on earth. It's a balloon.

cover_small

Reviewing games like Journey of a Special Average Balloon is a challenge for us. Projects like these never used to release on Nintendo systems, and the floodgates really have opened with the big N embracing developers of every level. This game is perfectly functional and harmless, but that's not enough to give it a recommendation, especially when there are Flash games with more depth. 3/10

The game is $1.49. The full review is at Nintendo Life: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/journey_of_a_special_average_balloon.

L~A

Heads up for EU folks: SEGA "fixed" the demo for Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX, which now has 30 tries in Europe too. Unfortunately, it's only for users who didn't download the demo before.

Top Bottom