• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

serplux

Witch and Hero looks neat and hopefully the port of Swords and Soldiers is good.

I actually enjoyed the Castle Conquerors games too! I really enjoyed The Lost Town as well. What exactly is Puzzle Craft? And the Lair Story games? Searching on YouTube results in a weird anime video.

Lair Land Story is a port of a PSP game, originally published by Arc System Works before Circle went all crazy on DSiWare. It's a love simulation game about some little girl who lost her memories and goes off for adventure in a war ravaged kingdom. Originally released in China and was popular on the PC.

As for Puzzle Craft, I have no idea. It's a completely original title.

Somnid

So VC hasn't truly launched for the Wii U? Does this mean we can expect a Wii VC like launch where there was a bunch of games available?

Is this what was said?

Yes. Starts in spring, I imagine they'll have a large dump of games and then do the week-by-week thing.

zroid

Banned
So what will happen to the VC Trial games that will go up after the official Virtual Console start? 30¢ for a month and then a price increase?

That's my expectation. And the lapsed Trial games will all go up at their regular pricing on day 1, probably.

JavyOO7

I wish the entire VC library up to this point would be ready at launch. And then free Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for everybody!

Lizardus

They're doing Wii U Ambassador games (not free, but so cheap that they might as well be free) without calling them Ambassador games in order to compensate for the upcoming price drop?

Id hate for some SNES or NES games to be ambassador games. Atleast give use some N64 games.

@MUWANdo

Banned
The official launch is in Spring, and there are trial games coming during the Summer (Yoshi and Donkey Kong)

See, I wish they'd stop saying "spring" and "summer" and just give dates because I tend to mix shit up in my head. I forgot there was overlap.

Anyway, in answer to the question "will the VC Trial games be made available immediately once the VC officially launches?", no-one knows. It seems like the sensible thing to do, but since when does sensibility inform any of Nintendo's decisions?

I very much expect them to trickle out all the same old stuff at the same old pace, I doubt they're gonna move any quicker than they have been on Wii/3DS.

Roo

So how many VC games do you expect at launch? I'm guessing around 10 NES games and 5 SNES games.

If they're smart enough, there should be at least one game available from each gen to download.
From NES to GameCube.

But... we know how they work.. so gameboy games is asking too much lol

I wonder if the Virtual Console will get an exclusive space/spot on the eShop...

zroid

Banned
So how many VC games do you expect at launch? I'm guessing around 10 NES games and 5 SNES games.

I'm going to be optimistic and say a pretty big chunk of the existing Wii VC (5-10%) will be up on day one. I just can't accept another trickle of games that were already trickled out.

Also: Earthbound! :p

BooJoh

They'll probably launch with the "usuals" AKA ambassador games. After that I fully expect another 3DS-style trickle-down situation.

It also really sucks that some great games won't ever get the Wii U update because they've been pulled from all systems.

serplux

If they're smart enough, there should be at least one game available from each gen to download.
From NES to GameCube.

But... we know how they work.. so gameboy games is asking too much lol

I wonder if the Virtual Console will get an exclusive space/spot on the eShop...

It will have a spot, probably somewhere near where the demo spot is now. (As a side note, they should really update the 3DS eShop to be more like the Wii U one). They'll probably also put one or two VC games on the front page in order to promote them. They're weren't a ton of N64 games on the Wii VC, so I expect them to wait a little bit for those. As for Gamecube, it'll come soon. I'm more curious as to if Sega's coming back for another round.

I'm going to be optimistic and say a pretty big chunk of the existing Wii VC (5-10%) will be up on day one. I just can't accept another trickle of games that were already trickled out.

Also: Earthbound! :p

When it gets released, we better buy the hell out of it in order to get Mother 4. It worked for Sin and Punishment, and I know the Mother fanbase is much more rabid than that.

@MUWANdo

Banned
PAL press release is up--Metal Slug 4 on Wii VC (900 Points), Nano Assault EX on 3DS eShop (15EUR), Legend of the River King on 3DS VC (GBC, 4.99EUR). New Castlevania is getting a same-day digital release, too (44.99EUR).

Robin64

Given publishers are meant to be able to set their own prices on eShop, there's very little reason they should follow Nintendo's own horrid pricing.

BriBri

Given publishers are meant to be able to set their own prices on eShop, there's very little reason they should follow Nintendo's own horrid pricing.
Especially as I expect to see discounts of physical Castlevania. Plus non-discounted is still cheaper.

Lovely that we finally see Nano Assault.

Speaking of stuff coming over from the US, I'm still waiting on Cave Story+ to be in the EU/AU eShop. NightSky was released reasonably recently though so I guess this is just the usual couple of months waiting period for Nicalis games.

It's not like they hate money.

@MUWANdo

Banned

There's one big reason: they want to charge as much as they can possibly get away with, and to raise the price ceiling wherever possible. Doesn't mean they won't discount it later, but if you think they're gonna lower their prices before launch you're kidding yourself.

Robin64

Well Virtue's Last Reward, arguably the best handheld game of 2012, launched at £29.99. So hats off to Rising Star, there.

I'll be paying £39.99 for Animal Crossing, though. Digital benefits that game a lot, in my opinion.

Will be picking up River King, glad we're finally getting some decent GBC titles. The pricing issue is a thing that will never change. "Max RRP" is still the excuse we'll get.

Javier

How is River King? The US eShop trailer seems to show a Fishing/RPG hybrid, but other than that it doesn't say much.

serplux

Will be picking up River King, glad we're finally getting some decent GBC titles. The pricing issue is a thing that will never change. "Max RRP" is still the excuse we'll get.

Still waiting for Wario Land III over the pond here. Although hopefully Nintendo will start releasing GB/GBC games at least once every three weeks until they exhaust the library, and proceed to move to SNES/GBA.

Edit: You guys never got GBC Shantae, did you? You do so at all costs when it comes out (presumably around when Shantae 3 does, I think).

Still waiting for Wario Land III over the pond here. Although hopefully Nintendo will start releasing GB/GBC games at least once every three weeks until they exhaust the library, and proceed to move to SNES/GBA.

Edit: You guys never got GBC Shantae, did you? You do so at all costs when it comes out (presumably around when Shantae 3 does, I think).

I don't expect them to increase output for VC, they still can't decide whether they want to focus on GB or NES titles at the moment. Are all the NES Ambassadors even out yet? Always be pessimistic when it comes to Nintendo and releasing their old content, they will always take their time. Only thing I'm looking forward to is the Zelda Oracle titles, and as I predicted we might not be getting those in EU till October.

Huh, no we didn't get Shantae. Never realized that before. Import VC titles aren't unheard of (Hanabi Festival), but anything to give Nintendo an excuse to delay it I guess.

Lol what a fucking joke?!

(In japan)

Earthbound 4/18
Kirby Adventure 5/16
Super Metroid 6/13

Why is there such a big fucking gap when releasing these games? Is it really that hard to port these games to the emulator? SMH man nintendo is seriously fucked.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Why is there such a big fucking gap when releasing these games? Is it really that hard to port these games to the emulator? SMH man nintendo is seriously fucked.

Huh? It's a promotion. Every game is 30 yen for 30 days.
There will be a "normal" Virtual Console besides this promotion starting sometime in spring.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oh yes, they do. But we should wait with the complaints until the Wii U VC has actually started.
For now, let's complain about the 3DS VC, I want my Wario Land III!

JavyOO7

My one complaint is that I want cross play between Wii U and 3DS in regards to virtual console titles. Why Nintendo hasn't added that yet I have no clue. ):

Heropon

Oh yes, they do. But we should wait with the complaints until the Wii U VC has actually started.
For now, let's complain about the 3DS VC, I want my Wario Land III!

But you have Fire Emblem. :mad:

By the way, I'm replaying Wario Land III again, such a wonderful game!

Top Bottom