• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

In South America.

I saw him post in the Vita anniversary thread today!

betrayal
tumblr_medgogg94B1rpr100o1_r1_400.gif

DaBoss

Miiverse is being constantly updated. Since it's web based you don't need to update the Wii U.

They've even added developer communities and direct feedback from Nintendo.

Oh yea that's true. Maybe the Vidyo thread that was posted yesterday is related to the new features they're mentioning.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Current eShop Charts as of March 4th

Software

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Pokemon Dream Radar
3. Crashmo
4. Gunman Clive
5. Super Mario Bros.
6. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
7. Pokedex 3D Pro
8. Mega Man 2
9. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
10. The Legend of Zelda
11. 3D Classics: Kirby’s Adventure
12. Cut The Rope
13. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
14. Photo Dojo
15. Plants vs. Zombies
16. Etrian Odyssey IV
17. Metal Torrent
18. Colors! 3D
19. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
20. Bird Mania 3D

Videos

1. Club Nintendo Video
2. Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move Trailer
3. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Trailer
4. Nintendo Direct: February 14, 2013
5. Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Video
6. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon Trailer
7. Yoshi Trailer
8. Nintendo Show 3D: February 14, 2013
9. HarmoKnight Trailer
10. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Video
11. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon Multiplayer Video
12. Naruto Powerful Shippuden Video
13. Nintendo Show 3D: February 28, 2013
14. LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins Video
15. Mario Kart 7 Video
16. Kersploosh! Trailer
17. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon Commercial
18. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate Trailer
19. What is Nintendo Video?
20. Animal Crossing: New Leaf Trailer

Wii U

Software

1. F-Zero
2. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
3. BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
4. Nintendo Land
5. Trine 2: Director’s Cut
6. The Cave
7. Balloon Fight
8. Nano Assault Neo
9. Little Inferno
10. Puddle
11. ZombiU
12. New Super Mario Bros. U
13. Assassin’s Creed III
14. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
15. Just Dance 4
16. Rabbids Land
17. Scribblenauts Unlimited
18. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
19. ESPN Sports Connection
20. Funky Barn Download

Videos

1. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Trailer
2. Nintendo Direct: February 14, 2013
3. BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien Trailer
4. F-Zero Trailer
5. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition Video
6. Trine 2: Director’s Cut Video
7. LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins Trailer
8. The Cave Trailer
9. LEGO City: Undercover Trailer
10. New Super Mario Bros. U Video
11. Nano Assault Neo Video
12. Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move Trailer
13. Puddle Video
14. Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 Video
15. Rabbids Land Video
16. Little Inferno Video
17. Scribblenauts Unlimited Video
18. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Video
19. The Cave Character Trailer
20. Little Inferno Video 2

Not only Fire Emblem seems unstoppable, but finally we're seeing a retail third party title entering the current DD charts, and a niche one: Etrian Odyssey IV! Do someone remember how it debuted on current charts last week? Was it higher or lower? And can someone post both 3DS and Wii U All-Time charts, please?

serplux

Current eShop Charts as of March 4th

Software

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Pokemon Dream Radar
4. Gunman Clive
16. Etrian Odyssey IV
17. Metal Torrent
20. Bird Mania 3D

Wii U

Software

1. F-Zero
2. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
3. BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
4. Nintendo Land
5. Trine 2: Director’s Cut
6. The Cave
7. Balloon Fight
8. Nano Assault Neo
9. Little Inferno
10. Puddle

Alright, some comments. Fire Emblem's rocking the charts as usual, but Pokemon Dream Radar is just printing money for Nintendo. It has to have gone well over 1 million downloads worldwide at this point. Gunman Clive's steady sales funds beril's next game, so happy for him. That and Bird Mania show that there's a sizeable market for $2-$3 games on the eShop. Metal Torrent's still way down there even with Club Nintendo promotion, and Etrian Odyssey IV seems like it'll get over 100,000 in sales over here in the US (retail + download).

A bit disappointing to see Bit Trip Runner 2 below Mighty Switch Force (even though it's on sale), I thought it might have been a bit more popular. Frozenbyte's pretty much guaranteed to put out Splot on the Wii U, considering how much they praised Trine 2's performance and how much they like the eShop. I don't know what WayForward has next for the Wii U, but I'm willing to bet they'll port over a few of their XBLA/PSN games. Looking forward to Toki Tori 2 this month and possibly Cloudberry Kingdom; hoping we get Zen Pinball 2 one day. Also Chasing Aurora has completely left the scene sales scene, but Broken Rules has said their next game will come to the eShop. It was a bit too out there to really attract an audience.

GRW810

It's great to see Gunman Clive flying high. The low price is a factor because it has no doubt attracted people intrigued enough to splash such a small amount of cash, but it is a fun and challenging little game.

Erethian

There's one big reason: they want to charge as much as they can possibly get away with, and to raise the price ceiling wherever possible. Doesn't mean they won't discount it later, but if you think they're gonna lower their prices before launch you're kidding yourself.

Not even a console thing either, as a lot of companies have terrible Steam pricing; speaking as someone who lives in Australia where most major publishers charge the same as the ridiculously high retail prices. The only saving grace there is the frequency of Steam sales.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I repeat, do we have an updated All-Time 3DS only US eShop chart? Like the one posted last week that generated the thread about FE digital sales?

F-Zero is now topping the Wii U all time US chart. Checked last night. :)

There wouldn't be an excuse for them once they implement that account system. It's never really been possible before with their hardware, so I wouldn't count them out if they get the chance. Maybe I'm overly optimistic.
Nintendo still customizes and rigorously tests each release for each hardware though, I think best case maybe there'll be a $1-2 fee like with updating Wii VC to native Wii U versions.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Is Nintendo life a good place for Nintendo reviews?

I just always felt like they give generally favorable reviews for most games because of the whole Nintendo bias, but I'm just speculating from some of the scores I've seen there

Well they were the only place to get reviews for most WiiWare stuff when they were WiiWare-world. I haven't been to the Site in a while, but I generally agreed with their reviews then.

Just went and read their MSFHD review. Ignoring the high score, the review itself doesn't do a good enough job explaining the game. They mention jumping and shooting, but don't do enough to warn readers that this isn't an action platformer.

donny2112

They're about the only place that consistently reviews about all eShop download games. Don't always agree with the score, but the text of the review usually does a good job answering the questions I need to know about the game before buying. I like them, but as with any review site, don't take their word as gospel.

vdlow

I like NLife's reviews. Their scores are pretty much the same I give to the games I play, so I usually read their reviews.

PS: avatar madness with me and campfireweekend

GRW810

Kersploosh is a good little game for just a few £/$. Won't keep you going for hours but the urge to beat your fastest time on the ten wells and a variety of unlockable objects to use gives it that 'one more go' draw.

@MUWANdo

Banned
So, I guess Nintendo decided to put literally everything possible on the eShop this week. Shin'en announced that Nano Assault EX will be available on March 7, along with Kersploosh! from Poisoft and ATV Wild Ride 3D from Renegade Kid. I wonder if the developers have control over their release dates now in the US?

Not only are they competing against each other, but now they're competing against $20 RE Mercenaries, too. It never rains but it pours, eh?

Kersploosh is a good little game for just a few £/$. Won't keep you going for hours but the urge to beat your fastest time on the ten wells and a variety of unlockable objects to use gives it that 'one more go' draw.
Thanks for the info. I might jump in once I finish up on a few others.

rjc571

Banned
While the US is finally getting Kersploosh a.k.a. Hyu Stone (one of the first eShop exclusive games in Japan) this week, here's the latest game from its developer (Poisoft): Mansion Percussion. Any chance that the US sees this one in the next couple of years?

beje

Banned
I checked Miiverse last night and there are some posts from Japanese people in the F-Zero European community saying they're jealous we got it, I guess they're oblivious to the fact that we'd rather have Fire Emblem or Mother 2, but it's interesting nevertheless.

Glass Rebel

I really hope the 15€ price for Nano Assault EX translates into a reasonable Swiss price. Otherwise I'm waiting for a price-drop.

Also I totally forgot that Miiverse was coming to 3DS. Really hope it's well implemented.

I just always felt like they give generally favorable reviews for most games because of the whole Nintendo bias, but I'm just speculating from some of the scores I've seen there

They're not that biased really, the same company runs xbox and ps3 sites (Pushsquare and Purexbox respectively) and the majority of the reviewers work for more than one of the sites.

beta_fuse

Pretty surprised to see Switch Force ahead of Runner 2. I personally think Runner 2 is a classic and should be bought by every Wii U owner especially since there is a lack of software out right now. It is well worth $15 people so jump on it!

Top Bottom