• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

serplux

I don't expect them to increase output for VC, they still can't decide whether they want to focus on GB or NES titles at the moment. Are all the NES Ambassadors even out yet? Always be pessimistic when it comes to Nintendo and releasing their old content, they will always take their time. Only thing I'm looking forward to is the Zelda Oracle titles, and as I predicted we might not be getting those in EU till October.

Huh, no we didn't get Shantae. Never realized that before. Import VC titles aren't unheard of (Hanabi Festival), but anything to give Nintendo an excuse to delay it I guess.

The ambassador titles have all been out in Japan for a while, and in America we only have two to go (Balloon Fight and Wrecking Crew), while you guys have 4 to go (add in Ice Climbers and Yoshi). Blaster Master NES, Ninja Gaiden 2&3, and the rest of the NES Mega Mans have been confirmed for the US within the next few months (ESRB ratings), along with the GBC versions of River King and Harvest Moon.

I'm still waiting for any semblance of Game Gear titles or Kirby's Dreamland 2. Damn anniversary collection ruining a near future VC release. Japan's getting pretty full up on NES titles (they already have 50 of them), so at the very least they're going to have to put out something else soon.

serplux

Huh? It's a promotion. Every game is 30 yen for 30 days.
There will be a "normal" Virtual Console besides this promotion starting sometime in spring.

It's starting to sound through from what I've heard that the update will be this month, along with new Miiverse/account system stuff for the 3DS.

NeoRausch

wait, no runner 2 for Europe again? bummer!

I just gonna assume that they going to try to get the patch in for the euro-release.

sakipon

It's starting to sound through from what I've heard that the update will be this month, along with new Miiverse/account system stuff for the 3DS.

On which information do you base this on? I do hope you're right though, especially on bringing Miiverse to 3DS. Really looking forward to that.

zroid

Banned
Dear SXSW attendees:

z1FrSYL.png

I hate you

JavyOO7

I think May when all that stuff will happen. And then August/September for the second round of updates. March is too soon, I feel.

serplux

Who are you and what do you know?

Lol, I didn't mean to start a rumor. :p It's mostly speculation on my part. Nintendo has stated before that they wanted to get out Miiverse for the 3DS as soon as possible, and I think that would coincide with the spring update.

EDIT: Two Tribes has been working on a way to transfer user-created levels through Miiverse, and they've stated that they're waiting on a bit of confirmation from Nintendo (TT2 is supposed to be releasing this month). Plus the fact that there's been rumors of screens of Miiverse on Android/iOS and rumors of improved voice chat capabilities leads me to believe that some sort of update will occur soon.

Asimov

Banned
I was browsing the 3DS eShop yesterday...

There is a manual update for the Yoshi game.

Just go to the eShop, then to Settings and the to the list of downloaded games. You should see an Update button right next to the title. It includes the proper NES system icon and save states.

I think the reason why they don't have an automatic update for this game (you need to do a manual update) is because the games are not for sale on the eShop.

serplux

It'd be nice if the next Nintendo Direct will finally have Nintendo showing their first title for Wii U eShop...

I'm expecting/wanting more quirky new IPs from them digitally, but there's plenty of indie support packing the schedule. I expect their next Nintendo Direct to focus on announcing release dates/digital games/one retail announcement (Kirby 3DS?).

JavyOO7

I'm expecting/wanting more quirky new IPs from them digitally, but there's plenty of indie support packing the schedule. I expect their next Nintendo Direct to focus on announcing release dates/digital games/one retail announcement (Kirby 3DS?).

I'm very happy with the indie support so far. It only gets brighter in the future in regards to that.

But there's only one Runner 2. I'm going to be so sad when I finally beat it 100 percent... /tear

DaBoss

I was browsing the 3DS eShop yesterday...

There is a manual update for the Yoshi game.

Just go to the eShop, then to Settings and the to the list of downloaded games. You should see an Update button right next to the title. It includes the proper NES system icon and save states.

I think the reason why they don't have an automatic update for this game (you need to do a manual update) is because the games are not for sale on the eShop.

It's an ambassador game? I seen it on the eShop for sale and I'm not an ambassador.

Asimov

Banned
It's an ambassador game? I seen it on the eShop for sale and I'm not an ambassador.

Yeah... I was confused. They just added the game for sale 2 weeks ago.

That's why we had the update, so our embassador version is now a full eShop version.

serplux

I'm very happy with the indie support so far. It only gets brighter in the future in regards to that.

But there's only one Runner 2. I'm going to be so sad when I finally beat it 100 percent... /tear

I'd wager that we're getting Toki Tori 2, Cloudberry Kingdom, and (lol) Zen Pinball 2 sometime this month. Possibly Spin the Bottle as well, but I'm scared about that game.

Robin64

Runner 2 not being released at the same time as the US is silly when it's right there on Steam in Europe. So I kind of expect the EU Wii U Runner 2 sales to be pretty poor.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Runner 2 not being released at the same time as the US is silly when it's right there on Steam in Europe. So I kind of expect the EU Wii U Runner 2 sales to be pretty poor.

It's the same for all consoles, though. It's not available in Europe for 360 or PS3 either.

womp

That's why we had the update, so our embassador version is now a full eShop version.

This happens for every Ambassador title that is now officially available on the eShop. You can update all the available games in such a manner.

On which information do you base this on? I do hope you're right though, especially on bringing Miiverse to 3DS. Really looking forward to that.

Yeah, I think it was guesswork on his part. The account system I'm not sure we'll ever get... Miiverse will definitely happen soon, and we know for a fact tablet/phone integration is coming soon. You'd hope they'd put priority on getting it to the 3DS before them.

serplux

Yeah, I think it was guesswork on his part. The account system I'm not sure we'll ever get... Miiverse will definitely happen soon, and we know for a fact tablet/phone integration is coming soon. You'd hope they'd put priority on getting it to the 3DS before them.

I don't know how Miiverse will work without an account system, so I'm confident that will happen. I'm more curious as to how they'll retroactively add old titles to Miiverse.

Asimov

Banned
Yeah, Nintendo said that they are going to unify their 3DS and Wii U eShops and I think we will have a proper account based system. After all, we are going to be able to purchase content directly from our computers and iOS/Android.

They are even going to release Miiverse for the 3DS and iOS/Android, so, unified accounts are necessary.

I don't know how Miiverse will work without an account system, so I'm confident that will happen. I'm more curious as to how they'll retroactively add old titles to Miiverse.
I hope so. I can't wait to see some of the artwork in the Kid Icarus community and ask for help every five minutes in the Witch's Cat community.

Miiverse is probably the best thing Nintendo has done in recent memory.

Asimov said:
Yeah, Nintendo said that they are going to unify their 3DS and Wii U eShops and I think we will have a proper account based system. After all, we are going to be able to purchase content directly from our computers and iOS/Android.

They already are on the same platform basically. You can see 3DS stuff on the WiiU eShop, you just can't buy anything.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ATV Wild Ride 3D releases this week!!
AU7Amsc.gif

OK I'm not THAT excited but since I haven't bought Mario Kart yet I'm looking forward to some online racing action.

serplux

So Shin'en put this on their Facebook page...
*stuff*
Wonder what it could mean?

Well, their oldest title was Käpt'n Blaubärs verrückte Schatzsuche, some sort of puzzle game, but I don't that that's it. Maya the Bee/Iridion? Wouldn't really consider any of their WiiWare games to be that old. Nanostray kinda evolved into Nano Assault.

DaBoss

From what I read, the update allows local multiplayer through download and play.

The ambassador titles have all been out in Japan for a while, and in America we only have two to go (Balloon Fight and Wrecking Crew), while you guys have 4 to go (add in Ice Climbers and Yoshi). Blaster Master NES, Ninja Gaiden 2&3, and the rest of the NES Mega Mans have been confirmed for the US within the next few months (ESRB ratings), along with the GBC versions of River King and Harvest Moon.

I'm still waiting for any semblance of Game Gear titles or Kirby's Dreamland 2. Damn anniversary collection ruining a near future VC release. Japan's getting pretty full up on NES titles (they already have 50 of them), so at the very least they're going to have to put out something else soon.
The current US VC backlog is HUGE for stuff that's announced or out elsewhere (and has an english localized version):

Game Boy
-Double Dragon II (Aksys)
-Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Nintendo)
-Nintendo World Cup (Aksys)
-Pop'n TwinBee (Konami)
-Revenge of the 'Gator (HAL)
-The Sword of Hope (Kemco)
-Trip World (Sunsoft)

Game Boy Color
-Harvest Moon GBC (Natsume)
-Legend of the River King GBC (Natsume)
-Revelations: The Demon Slayer (Atlus)
-Shantae (WayForward)
-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Nintendo)
-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Nintendo)
-Wario Land 3 (Nintendo)

NES
-Balloon Fight (Nintendo)
-Blaster Master (Sunsoft)
-Castlevania (Konami)
-City Connection (Hamster)
-Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge (Aksys)
-Donkey Kong (Nintendo)
-Double Dragon (Aksys)
-Life Force (Konami)
-Mega Man 3 (Capcom)
-Mega Man 4 (Capcom)
-Mega Man 5 (Capcom)
-Mega Man 6 (Capcom)
-Milon's Secret Castle (Konami)
-Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (Tecmo Koei)
-Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (Tecmo Koei)
-Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (Konami)
-River City Ransom (Aksys)
-Solomon's Key (Tecmo Koei)
-Spelunker (Tozai)
-Star Soldier (Konami)
-Super Dodge Ball (Aksys)
-Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo)
-Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo)
-Wrecking Crew (Nintendo)

Game Gear
-Columns (Sega)
-Crystal Warriors (Sega)
-Defenders of Oasis (Sega)
-G-LOC: Air Battle (Sega)
-Puzlow Kids (Sega)
-Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya (Sega)
-Sonic Blast (Sega)
-Sonic Drift 2 (Sega)
-Sonic Labyrinth (Sega)
-Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega)
-Tails Adventure (Sega)
-Vampire: Master of Darkness (Sims)

Turbografx-16
-Bonk's Adventure (Konami)

GulAtiCa

ATV Wild Ride 3D releases this week!!
AU7Amsc.gif

OK I'm not THAT excited but since I haven't bought Mario Kart yet I'm looking forward to some online racing action.

I've been playing an advance copy, it's pretty fun. The 3D is quite excellent. No issues with online matches either

I hope so. I can't wait to see some of the artwork in the Kid Icarus community and ask for help every five minutes in the Witch's Cat community.

Miiverse is probably the best thing Nintendo has done in recent memory.

They already are on the same platform basically. You can see 3DS stuff on the WiiU eShop, you just can't buy anything.

Now that I did not know! That's very telling. Maybe one day we can even download 3DS stuff via WiiU then bring it over, like the PS3/PSP did years ago...

The Kid Icarus community would be insane. I would make precisely 10 "KI:UR II PLS SAKURAI" posts every single day. Miiverse is a fantastic concept, it's just something I don't want to purchase a Wii U for (right now).

Javier

Now that I did not know! That's very telling. Maybe one day we can even download 3DS stuff via WiiU then bring it over, like the PS3/PSP did years ago...
I believe they said one of their goals is that you can buy a game through the PC, and it would automatically start downloading on your 3DS or Wii U. Would love to see this happen, personally.

Also hope they let you download games that are on both 3DS and Wii U (like NES VC games) while paying for them only once. Kind of a longshot given it's Nintendo, but hey, it COULD happen.

serplux

I believe they said one of their goals is that you can buy a game through the PC, and it would automatically start downloading on your 3DS or Wii U. Would love to see this happen, personally.

Also hope they let you download games that are on both 3DS and Wii U (like NES VC games) while paying for them only once. Kind of a longshot given it's Nintendo, but hey, it COULD happen.

There wouldn't be an excuse for them once they implement that account system. It's never really been possible before with their hardware, so I wouldn't count them out if they get the chance. Maybe I'm overly optimistic.

GulAtiCa

Man. This is one long February. :p Well, at least it will give Zen Pinball 2 a chance to release while it's still Feb! (In NA)

Celine

Well, their oldest title was Käpt'n Blaubärs verrückte Schatzsuche, some sort of puzzle game, but I don't that that's it. Maya the Bee/Iridion? Wouldn't really consider any of their WiiWare games to be that old. Nanostray kinda evolved into Nano Assault.
Yeah, I don't think it's that licensed GBC game and since GBA is yet to be officially supported it's really puzzling...

Maybe Iridion for GBC lol.

DaBoss

Well I just read that there is an update available for Wii U owners and the update that they talked about as the Spring update is going to be released in April.

Version 2.1.3 U/E/J available via an Internet connection includes the following improvements:

Further improvements to overall system stability have been made.*

*The previously announced system update, which adds new features and further improvements to the user experience, will be released in April.

Top Bottom