• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

donny2112

Really? Maybe Nintendo should wait 3 more years before they release them because the 15th anniversary sound way better than the 12th.

If they're going to release it around this time, anyways, it works to shoot for a meaningful date instead of a random date. If you really think they should wait another 3 years, email them and suggest so.
:p

Eusis

Really? Maybe Nintendo should wait 3 more years before they release them because the 15th anniversary sound way better than the 12th.
I sure hope those in charge of the release schedule have more common sense.
Should travel back in time and release it in time for the tenth anniversary. AKA the 25th Anniversary of Zelda. LET'S GO ALL IN MOTHER FUCKERS.

Coolwhip

Banned
BETe1hDCcAADw-l.jpg

BETeE05CYAEm2hC.jpg

Anyone else really looking forward to Toki Tori 2? It's out in less than a month.

JavyOO7

The dev team for Runner2 says they got a patch coming:

http://gaijingames.com/forum/wii-u-patch-coming-soon-details-within#comment-348

Hey everyone!

A lot of you have support questions about the Wii U version of Runner2, and we're in the process of releasing a patch for the game that will do the following:

-At the start of the game, when it asks you if you want to log in, we've added some feedback so it doesn't look like the game is hanging.
-The leaderboards will only save your highest score, as expected, instead of your most recent score, which it does now.
-If you lose your internet connection during play, we've allowed you to reconnect by going to the leaderboards menu.
-We've fixed false score reporting for in-game Rewards.
-We've fixed an issue with the level start mini-leaderboard telling you you're offline when you're actually online. It will populate this list with global scores if you don't have any friends who have played the game yet.
-We've fixed an issue in the settings menu that resets your settings every time you enter the menu.
-And last, but not least, we've tried to fix the issue that locks up the Wii U system upon powering down or quitting out of the game via the HOME Menu.

But a note on that final issue: We had never experienced this issue on our devkits, during development, so it seems that this is an issue that only occurs on retail Wii Us. This makes it super gnarly to debug. It might not even be our bug. But we have tried to fix it.

Thanks to everyone who is playing and loving the Wii U version! We truly appreciate all the positive feedback, and rest assured that we are listening to all your feedback and considering everything you say!

After all, we have made this game for you to enjoy, and we want to make sure you can enjoy the pants off of it.

<3 - Gaijin Games

and

Bear with me. This is not grounded in technical logic whatsoever, but read on...

I have managed to find a workaround to quitting out of Runner2 that has worked for me at home:

I pretend that when I hit the HOME Button I'm gently letting the game know that I am about to quit, then I sit there and roll my eyes a bit, pick some lint off my clothes (<-very important step), and then once I think that the game is ready to quit, I gently select "Close Software", and so far, and I'm not kidding, this has worked 100% of my tries.

Also, we have had good success by visiting the Miiverse for a little while, from the HOME Menu, and then quitting or powering down from within the Miiverse.

Let us know if either of these workarounds have given you success.

Just that they can't exactly fix the issue of the Wii U just left hanging when you try to exit the game. Kinda sucks because I know I logged in hours for the game on Wednesday, but because the game did not exit appropriately I don't get my hours on the Wii U activity log. ):

Davey Cakes

Just bought Retro City Rampage. Pretty fun game.
I played the demo on X360. I could see the charm but overall it wasn't my thing.

It is kind of sad how this game stirred up so much interest at first, especially since it was announced for WiiWare, only to see a stealthy release on the service in the end with zero hype.

zroid

Banned
It is kind of sad how this game stirred up so much interest at first, especially since it was announced for WiiWare, only to see a stealthy release on the service in the end with zero hype.

There was a really kind of sad interview with the dev on Nintendo Life about how the WiiWare version was ultimately the most costly to make due to the ill-conceived rules Nintendo had in place.

He called it a "$20,000 gift to fans" because the sales threshold will likely result in him seeing no money back. :(

I bought RCR on wii ware. I just felt like I had to, after having waited or it for so long.

Too bad it wasn't wii u instead though. Would be great with off tv play.

GulAtiCa

I noticed something lately. On the Wii U's "Recent Best Sellers", Nintendo Land is #3. That seems odd to me. The new ZombiU bundle has a download card for Nintendo Land right? I wonder if those are what is making it climb the chart all of the sudden.

Edit: North America region (USA specifically)

I noticed something lately. On the Wii U's "Recent Best Sellers", Nintendo Land is #3. That seems odd to me. The new ZombiU bundle has a download card for Nintendo Land right? I wonder if those are what is making it climb the chart all of the sudden.

Interesting. Which region?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Edit: North America region (USA specifically)

Yep, the Zombi U bundle for US has a download card for Nintendo Land. It seems that, just like the free 3DS games given in Europe through buying a 3DS XL last Holidays, NL's free downloads are counted. That's kind of interesting, it could mean the Zombi U bundle is actually selling some units.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Question...

Does anyone know if Balloon Fight is available for purchase for folks who haven't already bought it?

I ask as the Wii U eShop lists it as TBD but priced at $4.99... but I can't be sure if that's true for folks who -aren't- me.

jgkspsx

Nobody told me Picdun 2 was out in NA. So far, I don't like the addition of the female characters. The signs on the walls are way more repetitive than the first. The enemies seem to not even be redrawn, they're lower res than everything else. But the game is still fundamentally fun.

The puzzles are start out hard, though. I didn't figure out h i p in the third level and got stuck in the elevator area without meaning to. Is there ever a way to go back and play earlier levels? Thinking about restarting.

Frolow

Banned
This is insane. What on earth is Nintendo doing? I swear their Virtual Console practices are so damn confusing.
I don't see what's confusing about it. It's one VC title rotated every month until the full Virtual Console launches when the rotated games will surely be added back.

OMG Aero

I don't see what's confusing about it. It's one VC title rotated every month until the full Virtual Console launches when the rotated games will surely be added back.
It's confusing because there is no reason for Nintendo to take them down instead of just putting the price up when the games work well enough to be sold in the first place and they plan on putting them up again later anyway.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's confusing because there is no reason for Nintendo to take them down instead of just putting the price up when the games work well enough to be sold in the first place and they plan on putting them up again later anyway.
They just want to launch it properly with a full launch lineup, having just one shitty overpriced game in the VC eshop category would just look bad for the average customers.

serplux

Well, if any was worried about 3DS eShop support for this year (which you shouldn't; it's got Go Go Kokopolo 3D, Shantae 3, Mighty Switch Force 2, Yatagarasu, Guxt, etc.), Circle Entertainment's got you covered:

Ah Heaven! (DSiWare, Q1)
Goony (DSiWare, Q1)
Achilles War (DSiWare, Q1)
Publisher Dream (DSiWare, Q1)
Swords and Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop, Q1)
Witch and Hero (3DS eShop, Q1)
WAKADAS (3DS eShop, Q2)
Color Commando (DSiWare, Q2)
Cafe Dream (DSiWare, Q2)
I am in the MOVIE (DSiWare, Q2)
Banking Dream (DSiWare, Q2)
Cinema Dream (3DS eShop, Q2)
Castle Conqueror: Heroes 3 (3DS eShop, Q3)
World Conquest (3DS eShop, Q3)
Rhythm Scape (3DS eShop, Q3)
Toy Defense (3DS eShop, Q3)
Sweet Memories: Poker Night (3DS eShop, Q4)
Puzzle Craft (3DS eShop, Q4)
Lair Land Story (3DS eShop, Q4)
Lair Land Story 2 (3DS eShop, Q4)

Whew. That's 12 eShop games from them this year, along with 8 DSiWare games (and all of them are Nintendo exclusive save Puzzle Craft/Lair Land Story 2, which are Vita games).

Oh, and they're also releasing Gunman Clive in Japan. Yay for beril!

BriBri

Can someone answer this for me - I got a Wii U and my Classic Controller is at my Mum's house (miles away, so won't be able to retrieve for a long time) but I do have a SNES Classic Controller. What Virtual Console games works with the SNES controller? I guess all SNES must and I assume NES will and N64 won't, but what about Mega Drive, PC Engine, Master System and Neo Geo etc? Thanks

Roto13

Can someone answer this for me - I got a Wii U and my Classic Controller is at my Mum's house (miles away, so won't be able to retrieve for a long time) but I do have a SNES Classic Controller. What Virtual Console games works with the SNES controller? I guess all SNES must and I assume NES will and N64 won't, but what about Mega Drive, PC Engine, Master System and Neo Geo etc? Thanks

Anything that doesn't use the analog sticks should work. So everything on Virtual Console except N64 games.

GWX

To Brazil-GAF, just a reminder: Etrian Odyssey IV is cheaper on the brazilian store than the canadian store. Only R$83.79, amazing!

Well, if any was worried about 3DS eShop support for this year (which you shouldn't; it's got Go Go Kokopolo 3D, Shantae 3, Mighty Switch Force 2, Yatagarasu, Guxt, etc.), Circle Entertainment's got you covered:
Oh, and they're also releasing Gunman Clive in Japan. Yay for beril!
Witch and Hero looks neat and hopefully the port of Swords and Soldiers is good.

I actually enjoyed the Castle Conquerors games too! I really enjoyed The Lost Town as well. What exactly is Puzzle Craft? And the Lair Story games? Searching on YouTube results in a weird anime video.

... side-scrolling real-time strategy? Interesting.

Also, yes having just one VC title looks bad. Then you realize they don't have to have just one, as these games have been released 20 years now!

Top Bottom