• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2012

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The Japanese eShop will be getting a sequel to a DSiWare game and Fortified Zone 2 next week.

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

I had updates available for all of my gb vc games, as well as freaky forms and pushmo. They didn't show up in the updates section but they did in my downloads list. No idea what the updates are, but they are downloading now.

Still no Kid Icarus code. Now I wont complain about not getting my free stuff on time, but I have to question what the point is of explicitly saying to check your inbox on January 5th when they are unable to stick to it.

/edit/ I see that other people already got their code.

Javier

Rabi x Laby is on its third entry in Japan? Has anyone played the one in the US? It looks kinda nice by the screenshots.

Javier

I had updates available for all of my gb vc games, as well as freaky forms and pushmo. They didn't show up in the updates section but they did in my downloads list. No idea what the updates are, but they are downloading now.
Netflix and 3D Kirby's Adventure have updates too.

Rabi x Laby is on its third entry in Japan? Has anyone played the one in the US? It looks kinda nice by the screenshots.

I dunno, but I watched the trailer this morning and I'm tempted to buy it before Disney discovers it exists and shuts it down for extreme infringement of Alice in Wonderland.

Hmm, so I had updates for Links Awakening, Netflix and Pushmo.

Nothing for the gba vc games though.... Anyone know what these are for?

Edit: Netflix is definitely faster now, compared to how it was before, though generally its still slow, especially booting up. But it is an improvement.

Roto13

NA sucks bad this week. No 3DC Kid Icarus, no Virtual Console, not even any NES updating. Way to start off 2012 NOA. :/

Oh boo fucking hoo. You can't expect great releases every single week.

Kirby's Dream Land, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Super Mario Land 1 and Super Mario Land 2 all updated. Alleyway, Catrap, Donkey Kong, and Mario's Picross did not. I don't know why those four updated and the rest of my Game Boy VC games didn't. The only things they have in common are being first party and starting with the letters K through S. :p

Pushmo and Netflix updated. I hope Netflix is more stable now.

beje

Banned
No demos this week either. Nothing to see here, move on, forget it, another feature we can cross out from the western 3DSs.

Sinthetic

Am I missing something? No eShop update on my UK 3DS and no Kid Icarus 3D code (I already got the mail saying I qualified).

beje

Banned
Capcom confirmed today RE demo is coming soon.

Most likely the only one we're going to see for a long time, and probably that's only because Capcom is going to be pushing it. I mean, they have like a dozen demos in Japan already some of them of games already released in the west (and for the looks of it, they are exactly the same on demo kiosks) so it's not like they can't dump the one from the kiosks in the eShop. The RE one is already translated FFS, when are they going to make it available? The fucking day before the game is released? It's really clear NoA and NoE don't fucking care about it.

I expect Nintendo to deliver *something* interesting every week if they expect this whole eShop thing to take off. How much digital business did Iwata want to do in 2012 again?

I've had low standards for awhile now, it's a new gen, Nintendo needs to step it up.

Celine

Bought Trip World.

What a bizarre little game.
Some of the best graphics and music on the GameBoy.
Creatures sprites are rarely reused despite being finely designed and animated (all of them).
I said creatures because they rarely behave like enemies.
In the first level only one douchebag with the umbrella actively try to hit you the rest is attracted by you or indifferent or even scarred like those hedgehog-like things.

It's so crazy that in the first level after you fall into a pit for the next segment of the level ( a technique so common on NES games ) you can, riding a flower-like creature, reach the spot where you came in and jump again into the previously segment of the level (for no reason at all!).

So catchy:
http://youtu.be/dZruo8haNuA

BTW is it me or the first creature you meet in the temple of the second level invincible?

Amalthea

Banned
Bought Trip World.

Creatures sprites are rarely reused despite being finely designed and animated (all of them).
In the first level only one douchebag with the umbrella actively try to hit you the rest is attracted by you or indifferent or even scarred like those hedgehog-like things.

It's so crazy that in the first level after you fall into a pit for the next segment of the level ( a technique so common on NES games ) you can, riding a flower-like creature, reach the spot where you came in and jump again into the previously segment of the level (for no reason at all!).

So catchy:
http://youtu.be/dZruo8haNuA

BTW is it me or the first creature you meet in the temple of the second level invincible?

I can't remember exactly but I think I beated it once.

The game is really a trip.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Just a heads-up: Europe got Flush the Goldfish (Flipper2) on dsiware. Can't buy it yet, as I have zero free time to play anything these days, but I intend to get it next week.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Why should I? There's more than enough content out there to pull from that they could easily do such a thing if they wanted to.

Doesn't help that all of us NOA people feel shafted over the KI3D thing.

I had to check the updates section just to make sure they actually did put up new stuff this morning. What a sorry bunch this week. I made sure to say that they need to release more VC game every week on all my GBA game surveys. Not that they seem to care. I write that on all the VC game surveys.

thomaser

Bought Trip World.

Haven't bought it yet, but from videos it looks very similar to Mr. Gimmick, an awesome NES-game that was only released in Japan and Scandinavia. Probably made by the same designers. Sunsoft had the best platform engines outside Nintendo in the 8-bit days.

tsab

I received an e-mail for kid icarus but the redeem code is missing. Did it happened to anyone else?

Ok so I played about 30 mins of it soo far, not too bad. Its a kinda nifty idea but really could have used abit more tweaking to flesh out the combat abit more. Like I dunno adding in a block function and making more in the way of combos Also adding in some platforming elements. I like the dash attack as it seems like a neat idea and has alot of potential in it.

So yeah its nothing special but its not the worst thing ever made. Maybe should have been 5 or 4 bucks instead of 6. Would really like to seem them make a equal or something and expand upon what they have cause I think it could be a good thing if they wanted to.

hitmon

Ok so I played about 30 mins of it soo far, not too bad. Its a kinda nifty idea but really could have used abit more tweaking to flesh out the combat abit more. Like I dunno adding in a block function and making more in the way of combos Also adding in some platforming elements. I like the dash attack as it seems like a neat idea and has alot of potential in it.

So yeah its nothing special but its not the worst thing ever made. Maybe should have been 5 or 4 bucks instead of 6. Would really like to seem them make a equal or something and expand upon what they have cause I think it could be a good thing if they wanted to.

Is it playable without the stylus or do you have to use the stylus\touch screen to play?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Warning to anybody thinking of watching the trailer for Samurai Sword Destiny on the eshop, the 3d is poorly encoded so make sure the 3d is off. Painful to watch the video with 3d on.

watershed

Banned
So apparently there are updates available for the Netflix app along with a handful of other games but they aren't listed in the "updates" section of the setting/other menu but instead the update option is displayed in "your downloads". Doesn't make any sense but at least Netflix is getting an update/patch its buggy as hell.

Edit: Pushmo and Freaky Forms have an update as well.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The Pokedex program has an update as well - an actual one, this time. No idea what it does...

It is annoying that none of these updates are appearing under the Updates section.

GeekyDad

Warning to anybody thinking of watching the trailer for Samurai Sword Destiny on the eshop, the 3d is poorly encoded so make sure the 3d is off. Painful to watch the video with 3d on.

Yeah, was watching it last night, and it is pretty bad. I'm assuming that's due to the sizing of the video. At least it hints at what the 3D is like. Of course, all that does is make me wish for a 3DS port of Muramasa. I imagine a game like that would be the bee's knees on 3DS.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So apparently there are updates available for the Netflix app along with a handful of other games but they aren't listed in the "updates" section of the setting/other menu but instead the update option is displayed in "your downloads". Doesn't make any sense but at least Netflix is getting an update/patch its buggy as hell.

Edit: Pushmo and Freaky Forms have an update as well.
Did you already updated them once before? Because it seems Pushmo and Freakyforms are still on their 1st update here (DE store), which came out a week or two ago. Pokedex and Pyramids, on the other hand, just got an update. Also, it could be a placebo effect, but I used to have serious issues with the control lag in Pyramids in 3D mode. Not anymore - the game plays to me as fast in 3D as it does in 2D mode.

Yeah, was watching it last night, and it is pretty bad. I'm assuming that's due to the sizing of the video. At least it hints at what the 3D is like. Of course, all that does is make me wish for a 3DS port of Muramasa. I imagine a game like that would be the bee's knees on 3DS.
I concur.

M3d10n

Maybe Nintendo found a security issue, a possible bug or something like that and is stealthily updating everything? Or maybe to make them compatible with new OS features that are meant to be rolled in the future?

Maybe the updates are currently "hidden" because Nintendo could be planning to add automatic software updating to the OS in the near future.

Top Bottom