• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2015

Pokemaniac

This is really depressing. Why is Nintendo; more importantly, NOA, so horrible with VC releasing? What kind of service is continually holding back releases for months? Why would I be a partner with Nintendo when they do this? There's zero incentive.

Holding games from release for months is something that Nintendo does even with completely new games, such as Yoshi's Woolly World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. It is fairly well known that Nintendo will shift around release dates to attempt to avoid gaps in the schedule. Combined with the fact that NoA seems to make a conscious effort to have VC not compete too much with indie games and that they tend to hold some VC games back to release as part of promotions, and it isn't particularly surprising that stuff like this can happen.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, thinking it over, it's not like there's a TON of GB/C games left from Nintendo themselves worth putting on the 3DS, maybe save for some Pokemon games (did Pokemon Pinball ever get added?). Though SNES & maybe NES have a decent amount of games (mainly 3rd party) that could be added.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Natsume's line is that Nintendo has taken all the games it wants from them; the platforms they say were discontinued have still been getting games from other publishers. I do think NES is done but that's simply because the publishers that care have already release pretty much everything you'd expect them to release.

(well, not on 3DS, which is deader than dead)

Pokemaniac

To be fair, all evidence we have suggests that 3DS VC is actually dead.

We have been receiving a decent number of NES/SNES games though. We can't know for sure how long they've been in the pipe, but it does cast some doubt on their statements.

@MUWANdo

Banned
What Natsume games from those platforms were even left?

SNES has Pocky & Rocky 1/2, Ninja Warriors, Lufia 2...

Game Boy has a few obscurities that no-one seems particularly interested in: Spanky's Quest, Tail Gator...

There's also Shatterhand for NES but Natsume USA doesn't own the publishing rights to that game.

sörine

Banned
To be fair, thinking it over, it's not like there's a TON of GB/C games left from Nintendo themselves worth putting on the 3DS, maybe save for some Pokemon games (did Pokemon Pinball ever get added?). Though SNES & maybe NES have a decent amount of games (mainly 3rd party) that could be added.
3rd party GB/GBC games I'd still like to see, even taking out obvious non-starters like mainline Pokémon, Dragon Quest or every licensed game ever:

Kirby: Tilt'n Tumble (Nintendo)
Pokémon Pinball (Nintendo)
Wave Race (Nintendo)
X (Nintendo)

Double Dragon II (Arc System Works)
Nintendo World Cup (Arc System Works)

Kwirk (Atlus)
Revelations: The Demon Slayer (Atlus)

Great Greed (Bandai Namco)
Mr. Driller (Bandai Namco)

Chikyū Kaihō Gun ZAS (D Wonderland)

Adventures of Lolo (HAL Labs)
Trax (HAL Labs)

Battle of Olympus (Imagineer)

Hammerin' Harry: Ghost Building Company (Irem)
R-Type DX (Irem)

Penguin Wars (Kadokawa Games)

Daikatana (Kemco)
Deja Vu I & II (Kemco)
Shadowgate Classic (Kemco)

Azure Dreams (Konami)
Bomberman GB (Konami)
Bomberman Quest (Konami)
Bonk's Adventure (Konami)
Bonk's Revenge (Konami)
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (Konami)
Gradius: The Interstellar Assault (Konami)
Kid Dracula (Konami)
Metal Gear Solid (Konami)
Milon's Secret Castle (Konami)
Nemesis (Konami)
Operation C (Konami)
Parodius (Konami)
Pocket Bomberman (Konami)
Pop'n Twinbee (Konami)
Survival Kids (Konami)

Monster Rancher Explorer (Koei Tecmo)
Ninja Gaiden Shadow (Koei Tecmo)

Spanky's Quest (Natsume)

Penguin Land (Sega)
Rolan's Curse (Sega)
Rolan's Curse II (Sega)

Bubble Bobble Part 2 (Square Enix)
Classic Bubble Bobble (Square Enix)
Elevator Action EX (Square Enix)
Final Fantasy Adventure (Square Enix)
Final Fantasy Legend (Square Enix)
Final Fantasy Legend II (Square Enix)
Final Fantasy Legend III (Square Enix)
Magical Chase (Square Enix)
Sagaia (Square Enix)

Blaster Master Boy (Sunsoft)
Trip World (Sunsoft)

My NES and SNES list would make you weep.

PtM

Banned
So, any info on how the Runbow sale manifests in Europe?

Alright, the games are also 30% off, except Chariot which is 50%.

donny2112

sörine;181118052 said:
3rd party GB/GBC games I'd still like to see, even taking out obvious non-starters like mainline Pokémon, Dragon Quest or every licensed game ever:

From that list, I'd definitely buy Kirby Tilt'n'Tumble, Castlevania II, and Operation C. Where's Operation C?! Oh, right. Konami's dead (on dedicated video game platforms).

sörine

Banned
From that list, I'd definitely buy Kirby Tilt'n'Tumble, Castlevania II, and Operation C. Where's Operation C?! Oh, right. Konami's dead (on dedicated video game platforms).
Konami's GB output was so great, it's a crime we saw so little of it on 3DS VC. Little known fact but their early-mid 90s GB teams were mostly the same staff who'd previously worked on MSX.

jholmes

The Level 5 boss in Freedom Planet may have killed all my interest in the game. The stage is super long, the boss is super long and while his late phases are pretty easy it takes fucking forever so it's easy to screw up, eventually. Meanwhile his first phase is completely imbalanced, he has one move that will just combo you and rip off half your life if it connects.

What were they thinking with some of these bosses? They're such pains in the ass, and they ruin your run through these 15-minute stages.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hi everyone! I'd like to thanks GuAltiCa very much for his exclusive interview! You can read it here, in English!

http://www.wiitalia.it/2015/10/07/interviste-eshop-zenfa-productions-di-zacisa/lang/en/

He was veeeery kind in letting us interviewing him! Very interesting stuff there, also some hints at his future projects!

"My other game is still a secret that I plan to launch early on in 2016. This secret game is a Puzzle game with the ability to create and share your own levels online. "

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We haven't seen a third party N64 game on Virtual Console yet. Don't wait for it too much.
Yeah, that's true, & it's a shame. There are some decent 3rd party N64 games worth putting up.

..........now I remembered Wai Wai World & am sad that most likely won't come over here as well.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Momonga Pinball Adventures €5.99 / £4.99
Rakoo & Friends €9.99 / £8.99
Wicked Monsters Blast! HD PLUS €7.99 / £7.19

Wii U Virtual Console
Konami Krazy Racers €6.99/£6.29

3DS
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden €39.99 / £29.99
Thomas and Friends Steaming Around Sodor €24.99 / £19.99
Ninja Usagimaru – The Gem of Blessings €4.99 / £4.49
The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde €7.99 / £7.19

3DS Themes
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden Theme
Snoopy and Woodstock Theme
Geronimo Stilton Reporter Theme
Geronimo Stilton and Trap Theme
Geronimo Stilton in the Jungle Theme
Adventure Time: Finn Theme
Adventure Time: Jake Theme

===========
Price Reductions

3DS - Permanent

Nintendo Selects: The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - €19.99 / £15.99
Nintendo Selects: Mario Party Island Tour - €19.99 / £15.99
Nintendo Selects: Mario Tennis Open - €19.99 / £15.99
Nintendo Selects: Nintendogs + Cats French Bulldog & Friends - €19.99 / £15.99
Nintendo Selects: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever & Friends - €19.99 / £15.99
Nintendo Selects: Nintendogs + Cats Toy Poodle & Friends - €19.99 / £15.99
Nintendo Selects: Starfox 64 3D - €19.99 / £15.99
Nintendo Selects: Yoshi's New Island - €19.99 / £15.99

tolkir

===========
Price Reductions

3DS - Permanent

Nintendo Selects: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever & Friends - €19.99 / £15.99

Those reductions are digital too?

L~A

^

Well, why wouldn't they be? Nintendo Selects is basically an official price drop. ......... I say that, but I was sort of expecting Nintendo to keep the original prices on the eShop :p

@JoeM86: You listed Zelda ALBW twice :)

tolkir

^

Well, why wouldn't they be? Nintendo Selects is basically an official price drop. ......... I say that, but I was sort of expecting Nintendo to keep the original prices on the eShop :p

@JoeM86: You listed Zelda ALBW twice :)

Because Nintendo? :p

I'll buy Zelda and Yoshi with those prices.

ramparter

Banned
Don't think I'll be getting any, I already have ALBW, but this gives me hope that more perma drops may follow, and even in Wii U.

Chopper

Weird question, but do we think that the icons for those games will change at all now that they're part of the Selects range?

L~A

Weird question, but do we think that the icons for those games will change at all now that they're part of the Selects range?

The games are unchanged, they just put the cartridges in a new box. It's pretty clear with how the games are simply getting a price drop on the eShop (and not a "re-release" like you sometime see with GOTY edition on Steam/PSN).

TheMoon

ALBW at 15 quid is "a gamble" ...what?

###################################

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden (Bandai Namco Games, available October 16) - €39.99/£29.99
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden is a fighting game including the most famous characters of Dragon Ball Z series. You can even play with characters from the latest movie Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ""F"". The “Story mode” follows the original story of the Manga and in the “Adventure mode” players aim to gather all the Dragon balls. A Versus mode is also part of the game to fight the computer or a friend.

Bonuses for purchasing in Nintendo eShop:
1. Download code for the game "Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden 2" (in Japanese) for Nintendo 3DS, redeemable immediately.
2. Download code for the theme "Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden Theme" for Nintendo 3DS, redeemable immediately.

Thomas and Friends Steaming Around Sodor (Avanquest) - €24.99/£19.99
Get ready to roll with Thomas and Friends as they steam around Sodor, preparing the island for some very important visitors! The Duke and Duchess of Boxford are paying a visit and the Fat Controller wants the yard to look its best. Help the engines get everything ready for the arrival of the special guests in this interactive story adventure packed with fun puzzles and games!

Ninja Usagimaru - The Gem of Blessings (Arc System Works) - €4.99/£4.49 (demo also available)
You control Usagimaru, and sets off on a journey to rescue captivated villagers from the evil grasps of the Mononoke. Your mission is to bring the villagers to the safety of the Usagi Statue. In each stage there will be a captured villager, and the path to rescue them is filled with various traps and Mononoke. Use the various tools you have at possession, and utilise the terrain and even the Mononoke themselves in order to rescue the villagers, and finally bring them to safety!

Mercenaries Saga 2 Demo (CIRCLE Ent.) - Free
Claude is the captain of the Kingdom's Order of the Silver Eagle. One day while he guarded Prince Laz's hunting session, an assassin appeared. Claude covers the prince's escape and stops the assassin, but it was just a trap and the prince has been poisoned by a blade. To aid the prince, Claude has to lead the Silver Eagle north so that they can find the only antidote: an Erni Herb. Mercenaries Saga 2 is a tactical strategy RPG based on a fantasy world's stage.

Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden Theme (BANDAI NAMCO Games, theme available October 16) - €1.99/£1.69
This Dragon Ball Z theme uses the main art on the upper screen and a Goku pixel art transformation on the lower screen.

Snoopy and Woodstock (Librica, theme available October 16) - €1.99/£1.79
From the world beloved comic "Peanuts" comes "THE PEANUTS MOVIE” and this theme.

Geronimo Stilton Reporter (Anlantyca, theme available October 16) - €1.99/£1.79
Geronimo Stilton and Thea Stilton are TV reporters.

Geronimo Stilton and Trap (Anlantyca, theme available October 16) - €1.99/£1.79
From the animated series of Geronimo Stilton.

Geronimo Stilton in the jungle (Anlantyca, theme available October 16) - €1.99/£1.79
Geronimo Stilton “Four mice deep in the jungle”.

Paw Patrol: I cuccioli (Viacom, theme available October 16) - €1.99
A Paw Patrol theme for Nintendo 3DS family systems.

Mia and Me: Mia in Centopia (Rainbow, theme available October 16) - €1.99/£1.79
A "centopic" theme with the adventurous pink-haired elf!

Mia and Me main characters: Mia, Mo, Yuko and Onchao(Rainbow, theme available October 16) - €1.99/£1.79
This theme features the main characters of Mia and Me: the brave elves Mia, Mo, Yuko and the sweet unicorn Onchao!

Adventure Time: Finn (Turner Broadcasting Sys., theme available October 16) - €1.99/£1.79
Get your favourite adventuring hero with this algebraic Finn theme.

Adventure Time: Jake (Turner Broadcasting Sys., theme available October 16) - €1.99/£1.79
A totally mathematical theme with Jake, the magical shape-shifting dog.

Permanent price drops and special offers
Nintendo Selects line - Starting October 16, the following titles are dropping heavily in price. Previously €44.99/£39.99, now €19.99/£15.99.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Star Fox 64 3D
nintendogs + cats Golden Retriever & New Friends
nintendogs + cats French Bulldog & New Friends
nintendogs + cats Toy Poodle & New Friends
Mario Tennis Open
Yoshi's New Island
Mario Party: Island Tour

10-in-1: Arcade Collection (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends November 13, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Atlantic Quest (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends October 27, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Castle Conqueror EX (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.39 (Ends November 5, normally €3.99/£3.19)
Crazy Kangaroo (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends November 13, normally €1.99/£1.89)
Dress To Play: Cute Witches! (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends October 29, normally €3.99/£3.59)
Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles! (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends October 29, normally €3.99/£3.59)
Fairune (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends October 29, normally €2.99/£2.50)
Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) - €2.20/£1.85 (Ends November 5, normally €2.99/£2.50)
Hazumi (Gamelion) - €1.29/£0.99 (Ends November 13, normally €2.69/£1.99)
League of Heroes (Gamelion) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends November 13, normally €3.99/£3.59)
Monster Shooter (Gamelion) - €1.99/£1.60 (Ends November 13, normally €4.00/£3.20)
Parking Star (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.25 (Ends November 5, normally €2.99/£2.49)
Pick-A-Gem (Gamelion) - €1.49/£1.29 (Ends November 13, normally €2.99/£2.69)
PIX3D (Gamelion) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends November 13, normally €3.99/£3.59)
Rage of the Gladiator (Gamelion) - €3.49/£3.09 (Ends November 13, normally €6.99/£6.29)
SpeedX 3D (Gamelion) - €1.49/£1.29 (Ends November 13, normally €2.99/£2.69)
SpeedXD 3D Hyper Edition (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends November 13, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Undead Bowling (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends October 27, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (Akaoni Studio) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends November 12, normally €7.00/£6.30)

Nintendo DSiWare

The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (Joindots) - €7.99/£7.19/800 Points
Friday, August 13th, 1886, very early in the morning. The lanes of Soho are depraved and the air is heavy like the minds of the people. No one can foretell what terrifying things happened during the night. The murder of a wealthy citizen with an irreproachable reputation raises a lot of riddles. Was he really murdered here - in Soho? And, why did he have to die? You ask a good friend and forensic doctor for help. Only he is able to provide the answers you need to solve the case. Hopefully, Dr. Jekyll is really useful for your investigations. Slip into the role of the smart Inspector Newcomen and solve this strange case!

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Momonga Pinball Adventures (Paladin Studios) - €5.99/£4.99
Momonga is a unique pinball game, where you bounce through different worlds. On the way, you team up with friends to defeat enemies and conquer boss fights. A little flying squirrel takes on the forces of evil - join Momo, Panda and Fry in a quest to save the momongas from the claws of the evil owls.

Rakoo & Friends (Moving Player) - €9.99/£8.99
Driven by his unrequited romantic yearnings, the charming but not very smart Rakoo leaves his cosy, comfortable home in search of that special someone. A freshly picked flower, a goofy smile and off he goes! In his frantic race for survival, Rakoo embarks on a fantastic adventure in a world that’s as wild and beautiful as it is dangerous. Use your Wii U GamePad to guide Rakoo through the wonders and perils he encounters along the way. Will Rakoo find the love of his dreams? His fate is in your hands!

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD PLUS (Corecell Technology) - €7.99/£7.19
Wicked Monster Blast for is an exciting family fun shooting gallery game for all ages. Blast enemies and solve puzzles and choose your favourite character from a cast of crazy characters to take on 15 crazy mini games and 20 levels of challenge mode with up to 3 of your friends!

Konami Krazy Racers (Konami, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29
Take your starting positions with the craziest collection of characters to ever grace a racing game! Konami Krazy Racers features the likes of Dracula from Castlevania, Goemon from the Mystical Ninja series, Cyborg Ninja from Metal Gear Solid and more, each competing across 16 fun-filled courses. Pick up bells to activate useful items like missiles, a shield, and one that even turns your opponents into pigs! Seek out shortcuts and unlock hidden courses and characters as you compete to become the quickest crazy racer on the track!

Special offers
Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends November 5, normally €5.99/£5.39)
ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions) - €1.19/£0.90 (Ends November 5, normally €2.99/£2.29)

tolkir

DSiWare

giphy.gif

VegiHam

Holy shit, Nintendo Selects games are £16?! That's better than I was expecting!

...now to wait for a game I actually want to join the line up.

jholmes

Konami Krazy Racers is a solid kart racer, if you're a big fan of any of those franchises represented I'd give it a look.

sörine

Banned
Krazy Racers is great. Better than Super Circuit imo.

No, they've been surprisingly proactive about putting their older games on VC, Konami and Capcom have been holding it down while everyone else flounders.
Konami's NES, SNES and (especially) GB/C libraries are way too spotty for me to really endorse them fully on VC. Plus they're totally sleeping on TG16 which is infuriating.

Glass Rebel

almost tempted to replace my physical copy of Star Fox 64 because that's the kinda game I'd want to have with me at all times. Hmm...

Dee Dee

Does anyone have links to Adventure Time themes? I mean, I am buying them anyway, but why not see them in advance?

In other news, I gave my backlog the finger by buying and finishing Ghost Trick instead. Unfortunately, someone here on gaf had a mega spoilery avatar long enough for me to put two and two together, so some of the twists were not as impactful. :/
If anyone hasn't played it yet, it is really cool, has wonderful animations and art-direction (in my eyes) and never overstays its welcome. Good length!

Also, I now have internet at home again after painful months of dealing with constant disconnects. Catching up on Splatoon and Super Mario Maker next!

Ultimate question remains: What comes after Club Nintendo? (Got my credits music CD in the mail today, whooo.)

Ultimate question remains: What comes after Club Nintendo? (Got my credits music CD in the mail today, whooo.)

Something is supposed to be officially announced sometime this year.

Hopefully it'll be better than the twilight years of Club Nintendo [here in America]. Other than the massive 'going out of business sale' that they did, it was in a state of unsatisfactory.

I would expect less physical goods though.

Top Bottom