• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2015

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, another free theme. Still would keep my Famicom one, but nice that they offer it. A shame we don't see more companies doing that.

Tizoc

Where are the SEGA themes EU Ninty, I am in no hurry for the Megadrive theme even though it was my fav. console as a kid but gimme dat SEGA goodness.

TheMoon

sörine;182676542 said:
From what I understand the themes are being adjusted for each region. EU themes won't be able exactly the same as the NA themes.

Well, there obviously won't be a Genesis theme in Europe :D

VLiberty

I've finally dedicated quite some time to my 3DS lately. I'm going through the Ghost levels in Mutant Mudds after clearing everything in the main game, and I'm lovin it.
Played through Gunman Clive 2 as well and it was great, some wtf moments(in a good way). Loved the boss fights though they were hard(just like the later levels).
And then the biggest surprise for me, Pyramids. It requires both ability and thinking, especially when you're looking for the three stars in every level.

I've also tried the Triforce Heroes demo; very good, I liked the puzzles especially in the bomb level. I still haven't tried the Fire sanctuary levels, looking forward to go through them tomorrow when they'll open the servers again. I don't think I'll get the full game though

sörine

Banned
Well, there obviously won't be a Genesis theme in Europe :D
Sure, I just don't know if it'll be a simple asset switch (logo, console image) or an entirely different theme like US vs Japan. Didn't the PAL Mega CD also use a different bios song?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
RE4 incoming on the 29th, on sale for the first week.
Is it just EU at the moment? I haven't found any news on the US, though Capcom seems to be a good supporter of the VC.

.........now where's Zack & Wiki?!

I wish they'd do more 'premium' Wii releases, stuff we never got. Fatal Frame 2/4, Another Code R, Captain Rainbow, etc.

Just charge $25 and I'd buy them all.

tolkir

The most underrated Nintendo game of the Wii age (even some Nintendo fans doesn't know of it) was Takt of Magic. Sequel of Lost Magic for DS.
Finally, Nintendo releases a RTS on Wii, where wiimote would be a perfect match, and they doesn't localize.

Shibata, do your thing.

magictaktbox.jpg

Gameplay
Theme Song

TheMoon

Guys, they'll never localize previous gen games (that don't even have any sort of fan following worth mentioning) for download services. I hope nobody is actually holding their breath for stuff like this. Things like Sin & Punishment 64 exist on VC because the VO was in English already and they just needed to translate the menus (probably to prepare for S&P 2). They won't do anything of that sort for games that need full scripts translated.

tolkir

Guys, they'll never localize previous gen games (that don't even have any sort of fan following worth mentioning) for download services. I hope nobody is actually holding their breath for stuff like this. Things like Sin & Punishment 64 exist on VC because the VO was in English already and they just needed to translate the menus (probably to prepare for S&P 2). They won't do anything of that sort for games that need full scripts translated.

OiQzCMb.png

PtM

Banned
Oh man, the MonHun theme is pure joy. It has that flute music from the instructional Shakalaka videos and a back-from-standby meow.

sörine

Banned
We're going to end up waiting forever for Bonk/TG16 aren't we? :(

By more you mean any? :D

FF4 and CR would need to be fully localized which is completely off the table.
Yeah those are a no-go but I could see UK "imports" happen like Fatal Frame II, Another Code R, Disaster... any others?

Besides, the only JP import anyone should be lamenting missing out on is Zangeki no Reginliev. And maybe NPC Chibi Robo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
sörine;182821139 said:

Yeah those are a no-go but I could see UK "imports" happen like Fatal Frame II, Another Code R, Disaster... any others?

Besides, the only JP import anyone should be lamenting missing out on is Zangeki no Reginliev. And maybe NPC Chibi Robo.

Hotel Dusk 2.

Javier

sörine;182821139 said:

Mother 3 and the Fire Emblems too (even if they all have translation patches).

sörine

Banned
I was talking just Wii games but there's a bunch of potential VC UK localizations we could get. Devil World, Kurukuru Kururin, Last Window, Jam with the Band, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, Terranigma, Inazuma Eleven 1-2, etc.

TheMoon

Yea the stuff that does exist in localized form has no excuse to not be available everywhere. Especially since the reverse has been happening a lot with Europe getting games that were previously only available in NA before via the VC service.

kunonabi

The most underrated Nintendo game of the Wii age (even some Nintendo fans doesn't know of it) was Takt of Magic. Sequel of Lost Magic for DS.
Finally, Nintendo releases a RTS on Wii, where wiimote would be a perfect match, and they doesn't localize.

Shibata, do your thing.

magictaktbox.jpg

Gameplay
Theme Song

Bought this game while I was Japan. My friend started playing it out of the blue one day and he ended up playing for like 10 hours straight. It's already one of his favorite games of all time and he hasn't even finished it. It's really too bad almost no one got to play it.

TheMoon

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (Capcom, Wii DL) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends November 5, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Leon S. Kennedy, formerly Raccoon City Police Department’s idealistic rookie cop, is now a U.S. agent with a top-secret mission to rescue the President’s daughter, who has been kidnapped by a mysterious organisation. Leon must begin his investigation with a trip to an undisclosed village in Europe, where he encounters a horde of unruly villagers who pledge their lives to Los Illuminados, the cult that perpetrated Ashley’s kidnapping. As Leon encounters unimaginable horrors, he must find out who – or what – is behind everything. (Supporteds Wii CC => BUT CANNOT be played with Wii U GamePad buttons)

GERMANS BEWARE: This is 99% sure to be the same old cut version that is missing Ada's Assignment and the whole Mercenaries mode since Capcom never bothered to re-rate the proper version until now and even the German versions of RE4 HD (PS3/360/PC) are still missing these modes!!!!!!

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis) - €14.99/£13.49
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is a randomly generated action RPG shooter with heavy Rogue-like elements. On his journey, Isaac will find bizarre treasures, face droves of strange creatures, discover secrets, and fight his way to safety. This remake comes with an all-new efficient game engine, new pixel-style artwork, polished visual effects, an all-new soundtrack, and hundreds of new designs, redesigns and enhancements.

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water - Trial version (Nintendo, available October 30) - Free
Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water - Full game upgrade (Nintendo, available October 30) - €49.99/£39.99
In this chilling horror game for Wii U, the Wii U GamePad becomes the 'Camera Obscura', an arcane artifact that allows the holder to photograph ghosts. Players must use the Camera Obscura to fend off attacking spirits, and solve the mystery of the foreboding Mount Hikami. With Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water – trial version, you can sample the action from the game's prologue and first two chapters at no cost, before choosing whether to purchase all remaining chapters.

Freedom Planet (Galaxy Trail) - €13.99/£10.99 (€11.89/£9.34 if you downloaded the Event Preview, offers lasts until November 29)
Fight your way across the celestial world of Avalice where cats are green, motorcycles drive up walls and monster girls do most of the buttkicking! Freedom Planet is a cartoony, combat-based platform adventure that pits a spunky dragonoid and her friends against an alien attack force. Help Lilac and friends save their world from war in an engaging Adventure mode with fully voiced cut scenes, or skip the fluff and play each stage in order with Classic mode. Do you have what it takes to save Avalice from the wrath of Lord Brevon and his robotic minions?

Special Nindies@Home introductory offer until 29/11/2015 - 15% off for users who have already downloaded Freedom Planet Event Preview, as part of the Nindies@Home programme, on the same Wii U.

Slender: The Arrival (Blue Isle Studios) - €6.74/£4.79 (Ends November 5, normally €8.99/£6.39)
You're on your own. No one to come for you. No one to help you. No one to hear you scream. Slender: The Arrival is the official videogame adaption of Slender Man, developed in collaboration with Eric "Victor Surge" Knudson, creator of the paranormal phenomenon that has been terrifying the curious-minded around the world since its inception, with Mark Hadley and Blue Isle Studios.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Young Horse) - €11.19/£9.59 (Ends November 5, normally €13.99/£11.99)
Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about his life. Octodad's existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family. In this sequel to the splash hit Octodad, our cephaloprotagonist has gotten himself in a bind between his wife’s mounting mistrust, and a disastrous trip to the local aquarium! Are you dad enough to control the titular octopus father as he strives to hide his nautical nature from his family while keeping his tangled tentacles intact?

Special offers
Ben 10 Omniverse (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends November 12, normally €19.99/£19.99)
Family Games: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €2.99/£2.99 (Ends November 12, normally €19.99/£19.99)
ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €14.00/£9.99 (Ends November 12, normally €54.99/£39.99)
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends November 12, normally €39.99/£36.99)
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €15.00/£10.49 (Ends November 12, normally €34.99/£24.99)
Rise of the Guardians (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends November 12, normally €19.99/£19.99)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.89/£6.50 (Ends November 12, normally €29.99/£19.99)
Canvaleon (OXiAB Game SAtudio) - €6.95/£6.29 (Ends November 5, normally €13.95/£12.59)
Swords & Soldiers II (Ronimo Games) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends November 5, normally €18.99/£16.99)
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Curve Digital) - €9.99/£7.99 (Permanent, was €13.99/£12.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis, New 3DS only) - €14.99/£13.49
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is a randomly generated action RPG shooter with heavy Rogue-like elements. On his journey, Isaac will find bizarre treasures, face droves of strange creatures, discover secrets, and fight his way to safety. This remake comes with an all-new efficient game engine, new pixel-style artwork, polished visual effects, an all-new soundtrack, and hundreds of new designs, redesigns and enhancements.

Escape From Zombie City (Tom Create) - €2.99/£2.69
The military sent in forces to suppress the zombie-infested city, but they were wiped out. The government had no choice but to issue a large-scale bomb raid over the surrounding area. The time limit is morning. You are a soldier that has been left behind. Can you make it out alive?! Use any weapon you can get your hands on to keep the zombies off your back as you race to get out of the city before the bombing raid hits. The clock is ticking from the start and each stage you pass takes you closer to dawn and the bombing raid. Fight your way through the city suburbs and underground parking areas heaving with the undead, rescuing any remaining civilians you find on the way. Use shotguns, magnums, grenades and flamethrowers in your fight to stay alive against a whole city of zombies.

Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash Demo (Nintendo) - Free
In this 2D platforming adventure, players control a little robot called Chibi-Robo as he travels the world to put a stop to an alien invasion. Using his plug and cord or ‘Chibi-Plug’, players can attack enemies and, using a variety of moves, get around each stage to find a variety of collectibles including real-world snacks to deliver to Chibi-Robo’s friends.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (NIS America) - €39.99/£34.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker - Macca Makes an Escape (NIS America) - €0.99/£0.89
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker - The Beginner's Brawl (NIS America) - Free
Your days are numbered. You're stuck in a world that has been invaded and is on the brink of non-existence. At the same time, you and your friends have gained the ability to summon demons via your cell phone, and with it, a power to fight against fate. The countdown begins – will you be able to save the future of mankind?

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - The Office (Nintendo, theme available October 30) - €1.99/£1.79
A theme inspired by Nook's Homes, your office in the game. Scroll the Touch Screen to animate the characters on it.

Super Mario Bros. Famicom Cartridge (Nintendo, theme available October 30) - €1.99/£1.79
This theme features the image from the original Japanese Famicom cartridge, naturally accompanied by that music from World 1-1.

Special offers
ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.99/£6.99 (Ends November 12, normally €34.99/£24.99)
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €8.74/£7.12 (Ends November 12, normally €34.99/£28.49)
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.99/£6.99 (Ends November 12, normally €34.99/£24.99)
ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON LEGACY + (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €19.99/£14.99 (Ends November 12, normally €39.99/£29.99)
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €4.99/£3.74 (Ends November 12, normally €19.99/£14.99)
One Piece Romance Dawn (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.89/£9.39 (Ends November 12, normally €29.99/£28.49)
Power Rangers Megaforce (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.89/£9.40 (Ends November 12, normally €34.99/£28.49)
Power Rangers Super Megaforce (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.99/£7.00 (Ends November 12, normally €34.99/£24.99)
Project X Zone (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.89/£6.50 (Ends November 12, normally €29.99/£19.99)
Regular Show: Mordecai & Rigby in 8-Bit Land (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends November 12, normally €24.99/£24.99)
Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.99/£6.99 (Ends November 12, normally €34.99/£24.99)
The Keep (Cinemax) - €5.99/£5.49 (Ends November 11, normally €9.99/£8.99)

That Project X Zone discount is tempting.

Yeah I'm getting that for sure.

I'm disappointed that we didn't get a discount for Devil Survivor 1 in the months leading up to 2 though :| Such a missed opportunity. Still haven't played it so my interest in the sequel is pretty much zero

TheMoon

3DS Binding of Isaac isn't coming out in Australia/New Zealand is it? :(

No.

Because Nicalis.

Despite their big collaborations and lots of attention, they apparently can't afford getting their games rated in all regions or get international releases done in a timely manner when smaller companies/devs can do it no problem.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Some cool sales this - im interested in those
Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water - Trial version

Special offers
Family Games: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €2.99/£2.99 (Ends November 12, normally €19.99/£19.99)
ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €14.00/£9.99 (Ends November 12, normally €54.99/£39.99)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.89/£6.50 (Ends November 12, normally €29.99/£19.99)
Swords & Soldiers II (Ronimo Games) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends November 5, normally €18.99/£16.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash Demo (Nintendo) - Free
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker - The Beginner's Brawl (NIS America) - Free

Special offers
ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.99/£6.99 (Ends November 12, normally €34.99/£24.99)
One Piece Romance Dawn (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.89/£9.39 (Ends November 12, normally €29.99/£28.49)
Project X Zone (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.89/£6.50 (Ends November 12, normally €29.99/£19.99)

Top Bottom