• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Plans: Digital Event On 06/16, Nintendo World Championships 2015 on 06/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

People everywhere are making the Joke but, at the last event in the finals, the screens go up and they say...

SUPER

MARIO

GALAXY

THREEEEEEEEE!

Chuckpebble

Thought it cheesy until Reg got down and started slapping the Power Pad during track and field, as you do. That redeemed it. Also, the end.

9c7.gif

I dig it. My body is Reggie.

Dr. Buni

Yeah, I thought they would add a real press conference, but since it looks like that they have nothing big to show this year its better if they do that next year.
Real press conferences are as boring as it gets. If there is one thing Nintendo did right last year was the Digital Event, so it is great they are repeating it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
enteringnintendothreads.gif.

nintendovdsaq.gif

PillarEN

Will be interesting if it really is a World Championship or just an American Championship.

Did you forget? America is the World.

Smash Bros. Tourney was really fun when they had the good players playing (celebrity stuff was whatever but it's all for show anyway). Wonder if they can top it. Hope everyone bothers Geoff with Pikachu again. That was the best.

There's only so many pre-show hours to use that have reasonable international viewing times.

If you ask me, Nintendo and Square-Enix should have, like, talked and Nintendo shouldn't be conflicting with a major third party's conference, but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.
You have no idea what your talking about? Aren't you?

Ronnie

Banned
There's only so many pre-show hours to use that have reasonable international viewing times.

If you ask me, Nintendo and Square-Enix should have, like, talked and Nintendo shouldn't be conflicting with a major third party's conference, but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Square knew full well that was Nintendo's usual time slot. Their problem.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I love this video.
I don't necessarily find it funny but it warms my heart that they do some stupid shit like this.
Like come on, could anybody here imagine Mattrick or Riccitello or Guillemot make such a dumb video with themselves?

jmizzal

But Nintendo has been using that time slot for like the last 10 years

JoeM86

is the world championships something open to the general public? I would love to go and play

From the press release:

On May 30, select Best Buy locations in major cities around the country will host qualifying tournaments for the Nintendo World Championships, which were last seen in 1990. The winners from each regional event, plus competitors invited by Nintendo, will meet on June 14, at the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles for a multi-round Nintendo game competition. In the end, one player will be crowned the 2015 Nintendo World Champion. Fans in Los Angeles will have the opportunity to attend the tournament, while others can watch online. More details about the qualifying tournaments will be shared in the coming weeks.

I love this video.
I don't necessarily find it funny but it warms my heart that they do some stupid shit like this.
Like come on, could anybody here imagine Mattrick or Riccitello or Guillemot make such a dumb video with themselves?
Same, like it wasn't funny most of the time but it was really cute and heartwarming tbh. I love how Nintendo execs seem to get that Nintendo is about fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom