• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo needs go the PlayStation route

MiguelItUp

Nintendo is honestly more than fine not going that route. Would it be cool to see? Sure! But it just really doesn't seem likely for a lot of reasons.

This would occur one day after modders get their hand on them

c3e.jpg

So it will never happen. Seems like they even gave up on mobile.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Nintendo make too much money for hardware. I wish they ported their games for PC but that ain't happening, ever. They'll rather wait for cloud gaming to be commonplace to licence their games to cloud services since hardware would actually be irrelevant.

Woopah

It should be noted that Microsoft and Sony account for digital revenue in a different way from Nintendo, which one of the reasons their reported revenue is higher even though Nintendo generates the most profit.

Were Sony and MS to switch to Nintendo's accounting method, their revenue figures would be notably lower than they are now.
What about bringing some more Nintendo mobile games to PC?
I think Nintendo is caring less and less about mobile gaming as time goes on. I don't expect to see much from them.

Nintendo will never do that. Nintendo ip can only be played on Nintendo hardware. I can't see that changing. PC makes no difference. Anyone that wants to play Nintendo games will buy their system.

Sony needed to do it because they're struggling to justify ballooning budgets for the return they make.

Nintendo games are relatively cheap to make and sell crazy fucking volumes. They have the luxury of not being desperate, in addition to ensuring that when you buy Nintendo games, you can only do so by opting into their hardware. No reason for them to reduce that incentive.
O have to correct you on one thing.Sony didn’t allowed it because of ballooning prices or because they are desperate they only wanted to make more money that is all.PlayStation games make huge win on PlayStation systems on PC what they sell are not so much.PlayStation sells most of its games digital that means 70 euro or Dollars are going directly to Sony on their own games.A Spider-Man that costs 100 million to make when it sells 5 million copies digital copies that’s already 350 million win for Sony let’s say the other 5 million were physical.Sony gets around 40 from them so hrre it’s 200 million makes total from 10 million sold 550 million win for Sony.There are no ballooning prices it’s made up bullshit statement between ps4 and ps5 is not much difference if you would take Infamous from ps4 put ray tracing on it Malevich 1440p would look as good as the best ps5 games same for the order.

Top Bottom