• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo needs to milk the hell out of HD remasters on Switch

Anth0ny

I can't believe after so many remasters we still have so many people coming into these threads saying shit like "ummmm how about they make some new games" or "put your resources into new games instead!"

that's not how the world works, kids

Black_Red

I'd be cool with a MArio Galaxy 1/2 remaster and then some wiiU ports. Most people skipped the wiiU but it had some some games (3d world, bayo 2 and tropical freeze are the ones I want).

I'd like to see the following

Mario Collection (all 4 player co op games)
- NSMB Wii
- NSMB U
- Mario 3D World

Metroid Prime Trilogy
- has option for pointer controls or standard

Pikmin Trilogy
- option for pointer or standard controls

Donkey Kong Country Returns Collection
- First one has the extra features from 3DS version
- Character selection for 1 player for both games

Yoshi and Poochy Wooly World + Kirby Epic Yarn
- Yoshi game has all new features from 3DS version

Bayonetta 1 and 2

Paper Mario Trilogy
- Paper Mario TTYD
- Super Paper Mario
- Paper Mario Color Splash

Mario Galaxy 1+2+Sunshine

Zelda Collection
- Wind Waker HD
- Twilight Princess HD
- Skyward Sword

Zelda 2D
- Triforce Heroes
- A Link Between Worlds

Xenpblade X and Wii

I think that's all we need. Other games like Luigi's Mansion, Punch Out etc can just the released as standalone virtual console games.

Wake up from Dream Land

Honestly, half the reason I loved HD remasters on PS3 was the added trophy support for old games. With Nintendo not having a trophy equivalent I find it hard to care about buying games I already own.

hao chi

Honestly, half the reason I loved HD remasters on PS3 was the added trophy support for old games. With Nintendo not having a trophy equivalent I find it hard to care about buying games I already own.

I'd be more interested in Switch remasters for the portability aspect.

Jzero

When is Mario Kart 9 likely to come out (if ever) ?
I don't want to buy 8 deluxe if 9 is likely to come out soon after

Pyrokai

When is Mario Kart 9 likely to come out (if ever) ?
I don't want to buy 8 deluxe if 9 is likely to come out soon after

I'm wondering if they'll even bother with MK9 on Switch. MK is available one and done game power system, and the casual cried doesn't really care what version it is as long as it exists.

But who knows. Right now, the MK team is making Arms.

remasters don't preclude new games

it would be great to have some particular old games updated in HD and available portably. Metroid Prime in HD on a portable system would be a wonderful thing

Top Bottom