• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo NX logo appears in RISE: Race The Future trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
File directly from the game's website:

1c3187_ea1be5490cdb4dohjk1.png

Inverted:

1c3187_ea1be5490cdb4djkjme.png

Source: https://static.wixstatic.com/media/1c3187_ea1be5490cdb4dfb88a45462332d8de4~mv1.png

That looks like a placeholder to me. And yeah, the one by VOOKS.

Z3M0G

Placeholder. Nice to hear an official game announced for it though.

But since this also comes to Mobile, I don't expect much.

Radec

NX is a decent name. Hence Nintendo won't use it on the final.

They probably got "Nintendo Niuu" in mind.

Kouriozan

If I remember correctly it was actually confirmed, and then they backtracked their statement from "coming to NX" to "considering bringing it to NX" since Nintendo was apparently pissed that SE announced a game for NX before they did.
Indeed, they first said that XI would come to NX, and then X.
After the live stream, they got scolded or something and the PR said considering.

Pandy

I should have guessed it was placeholder from the title, but then it's my first GAF thread of the day so I thought there might be some pre-announcement stuff happening, like with the new red coloured Nintendo marketing.

I don't think they should keep NX as the name, as some have said. Though it would have worked well as a console name alongside the handheld DS.

Nintendo is taking so long to announce whatever the NX ends up being that third party developers are beginning to stealthily announce games for the thing? I'll be amazed if nobody leaks the console's biggest surprises before Nintendo officially reveals them.

udivision

When they announced the NX name, I made it in Photoshop in literally 15 seconds. That's why it's so funny lol.

It's pretty pathetic that A) Nintendo didn't tell you beforehand and B) someone as important as you is the one making the logo.

Maybe there are still a few tables that need to be upturned, Mr. Miyamoto.

Nintendo is taking so long to announce whatever the NX ends up being that third party developers are beginning to stealthily announce games for the thing? I'll be amazed if nobody leaks the console's biggest surprises before Nintendo officially reveals them.

Next thing we know, a bunch of games will be released for NX before the console is even revealed! Then developers will wonder why nobody's buying their games! Madness!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
the two logos above it are so awful I'm surprised they kept it simple for their fake NX one

Really weird that they created their own logo for the NX for this announcement. Why not just put the Nintendo logo and leave it at that (with the implication that it's for Nintendo's next console)? Seems like a bad, unnecessary move.

Really weird that they created their own logo for the NX for this announcement. Why not just put the Nintendo logo and leave it at that (with the implication that it's for Nintendo's next console)? Seems like a bad, unnecessary move.

Because putting an NX logo, even one they made up themselves, got a game that normally nobody would give two shits about a fairly decent amount of attention on a place like GAF.

This is why you always get random no-name companies and vapors are titles (not saying that Rise in particular is either) jumping to be one of the first to announce support for new hardware. Remember WarDevil?

Because putting an NX logo, even one they made up themselves, got a game that normally nobody would give two shits about a fairly decent amount of attention on a place like GAF.

This is why you always get random no-name companies and vapors are titles (not saying that Rise in particular is either) jumping to be one of the first to announce support for new hardware. Remember WarDevil?

That's a fair point, though I doubt the publicity being developed by this thread will translate to sales, particularly on the NX. But yeah for sure, in terms of short term marketing tactics, the teams probably feel good about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom