• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America: Your Boxart is Rubbish

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
bof_drag_front.jpg

bof5.jpg

good job capcom

Zoramon089 said:
It's not just Nintendo. RE4 got the shaft when it came to the AWESOME EU boxart
Why do people like the RE4 EU boxart? It's too simple to the point of being either ugly or seemingly unrelated to the game (not to mention that the what it accentuates amounts to roughly the first three hours of a 15-20 hour game).

Anime Ratchet looks a little off-kilter, too. What is with his face on the Deadlocked box? :(

USD

TJ Spyke said:
I don't know what the Japanese MP boxart looks like, but that Japanese MP2:E boxart seen a few posts up is not better than the NA MP2:E boxart.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=kcm6c1&s=3

The MP2 is pretty good (though I hate how it's all holographic and shit, makes it overly dark and hard to read), definitely the best of the NA MPs, but the Japanese one just catches my eye more.

Dragmire

I think that Japanese Corruption box art is fantastic and much better than the US box. I don't understand the haters, though I agree that her pose is a little awkward.

impirius said:
The American one would've been much, much better without the third Samus up in the corner.
Yeah, and the JAP one that they have here would be awesome with just samus and a few others, not her entire crew rolling with her....lol.

impirius

WickedCobra03 said:
Yeah, and the JAP one that they have here would be awesome with just samus and a few others, not her entire crew rolling with her....lol.
True. I tried fading the hunters out a bit just to see if it'd improve things...

mp3jp.jpg

Linkup

Reminds me of the first Prime's US boxart, except with a blue background.

I can see the people who haven't actually played the game.

Well, to each their own. There are some instances in which yeah, it's 100% clear that one version of the box art was head & shoulders above the other. While in most other cases, it's simply down to much in which american cartoons you liked: Warner Brothers or Disney. Each has their own merits & fans willing to proclaim theirs to be the superior one.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Metroid

x6fu4o.jpg
4glwds.jpg
20ix6yc.jpg

Metroid II: The Return Of Samus

153odc4.jpg
sosvo2.jpg

Super Metroid

288tqc4.jpg
1z6qft2.jpg
jizyjd.jpg

Metroid Fusion

29w0m1c.jpg
5pgad5.jpg

Metroid Prime

2r6jxhi.jpg
2a5gkm.jpg
t0oob5.jpg

Metroid Zero Mission

2yk13sm.jpg
29fdsh0.jpg

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

5voqz6.jpg
wb49lk.jpg
11tbfkp.jpg

Metroid Prime Hunters

zv3mlk.jpg
2a9whp1.jpg
6zowph.jpg

Metroid Prime Pinball

spbreo.jpg
2jcvrj7.jpg
2nutbht.jpg

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

9vfk40.jpg
okncao.jpg

Metroid GBA

2954kdy.jpg
e664bd.jpg
2hxlv5t.jpg

Others (re-releases/pack ins)

2hnauyp.jpg
xcrbs4.jpg
2mrcuc2.jpg

I am missing some of the PAL boxarts unless they look like the US versions.

drizzle said:
Isn't kirby Angry on every single one of his games in the usa boxart, but happy in the japanese one? I remember a topic about it here once.
kirby_gets_tough_qjpreviewth.jpg

KAM.jpg
box.jpg

(Lol c wut Ninty did thar?)
514VMD6503L._AA280_.jpg
PA.02575.001.jpg

box-l.jpg
e743_8.JPG

Hey Reggie, isn't this bullshit pointless and probably not even working?

not-my-problem.bmp

Lakupo

Tenbatsu said:
Shiren DS covers

Augh, don't remind me of that abomination! I wish I could find a higher resolution scan of the Japanese cover so I can print a nice new cover before I buy it. I never do that, but that art is so awful on its own, let alone in comparison to the original, that I just have to. :(

As a self-confessed boxart freak, this topic plunges me into deep depression.

I still don't understand why NOA is bent on portraying Kirby as a constantly enraged marshmallow.

Tenbatsu said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Are you fucking serious. I thought that artstyle died out during the early 90s. Looks like the old NES covers.

JP Corruption cover is superior to the us one. Much better composition and art.

nofi

Thread title is wrong.

Should be "America: Your Boxart is Rubbish". I hate importing US games because the boxart is usually a total mess.

Top Bottom