• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo reveals first official art of new Wii U/NX Zelda

nacolucas

Neo Member
Am I the only one that kind of feels lied to? I mean, we saw this demo back in 2011.
I bought the wii u day one because of that footage. I'm a college student so I don't get to spend much (if any) money whatsoever, and knowing I basically threw my money away really makes me lose my trust in nintendo. I honestly might sell my wii u this month and not bother with the nx until its half its launch price... It makes me kinda sad to say that.

Dimmle

The people are panicking! Placate them with some art!

I do like the focus on archery rather than swordplay in the material we've seen so far. I wonder if that will figure into the game.

Am I the only one that kind of feels lied to? I mean, we saw this demo back in 2011.
I bought the wii u day one because of that footage. I'm a college student so I don't get to spend much (if any) money whatsoever, and knowing I basically threw my money away really makes me lose my trust in nintendo. I honestly might sell my wii u this month and not bother with the nx until its half its launch price... It makes me kinda sad to say that.

yeah that's a tech demo that was never going to be a game

B_Bech

Think of it this way. You're a Nintendo fan, so you're buying the NX. Wouldn't you rather it be on better hardware? Nintendo 100% needed to do this after the Wii U bombed the way it did. At least you got Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and other amazing exclusives out of the deal.

Dimmle

Let me tell you about Space World 2000.

Blizzard

Banned
How did you throw your money away? Wii U had several decent games if you like Nintendo's and Platinum's output. Even if you bought the Wii U for Zelda, it's still coming out for Zelda. As long as you don't sell it, you'll still be able to play Zelda right?

G.ZZZ

This look like male Link, so i guess the one in the trailer was FemLink. I hoped the two design were identical.

butalala

You should only buy things based on what they are, not what you hope they will be.

Woah it's like I'm back in 2003 all over again.

Why some people think that the blue tunic is the clothes that Link is going to use the whole game???? Never played a Zelda game before.... Is a early game clothes...

latest

039.jpg

Jigolo

Looks amazing. #1 most anticipated game of 2017

edit: shiiz i hope this doesn't become another gender thread

ffdgh

Why some people think that the blue tunic is the clothes that Link is going to use the whole game???? Never played a Zelda game before.... Is a early game clothes...

latest

039.jpg

So...You're saying link will get the hero's new clothes in the new game? Gotcha. /s

No one lied to you, it was a tech demo. Hopefully you learned a lesson here though.

Hatty

Its still coming to the Wii U

Ascenion

2017?! Nintendo, baby why you gotta hurt me like this? I stood by you through everything, when my mom said you were no good I kept going. When Becky with the good hair tempted me
(I will be honest I cheated a few times with Ratchets and Clanks)
I stayed faithful. When you put out that really bad pop album everyone liked with like 8 good songs I still bought it. When you dropped the mix tape where everything was fire but no one bought it, I was there. I don't want you for your body, I want the content but you keep pushing back. Damn.

Art work looks hype though.

Ms.Galaxy

Oh god please no. The day they go the "all magic is merely advanced alien technology" route is the day I finally give up on this series. I don't care if Miyamoto's original idea was for Zelda to be science fiction, the further they stray from the high fantasy world of the original, the more disinterested I become.

I think that's a bad way to look at it. Magic is science that we just don't understand yet, there's always a base of reality even in a fictional world. As we go back into the series timeline, we can see what it truly is, and all evidence points to being some form of advance alien or lost civilization technology.

We know now that the Ocarina of Time's magical properties comes from a strange crystal, which even raw from the earth has strange alien symbols. Fi seems pretty much like an advance holographic AI (I'm guessing the crystal on the Master Sword serves as the projector and computer), there's dozen of little robots that existed hundreds of years before Skyward Sword that worked in a large mining factory, the time gate activates and acts like a sci-fi device. The Tower of the Gods in Wind Waker, a tower made by the Gods after the Great Flood, looks extremely technological as it's clearly based after the Atlantis legend, which many believe was a society with highly advance technology. Look at the patterns and symbols around the temple, how they glow sometimes and how strange and alien it seems, look at the ring around the boss room.

I've gotten gotten use to it, and it's becoming more and more blunt as the series moves on. Zelda U seems to continue this trend, Link's new arrow is being far more technical rather than magical. This is the way the series seems to be going, a mix of sci-fi and fantasy.

Nia

I would have liked something more extravagant, but it is good to see the book again. If it is related to the Sheikah, I'm quite interested.

They must be really must be having a hard time if it's taking this long.
Wonder what shitty gimmick they'll throw in it this time.

latest

039.jpg

Those were never the first pieces of game artwork released though. They are clearly putting much more focus on Link's non-traditional clothing this time around, for whatever reason.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

You bought a console for a game that wasn't released, didn't have a release date, didn't have any footage released yet and technically wasn't even announced yet?

I think you can only blame yourself for that one.

This look like male Link, so i guess the one in the trailer was FemLink. I hoped the two design were identical.

Or maybe the trailer was early and the character model evolved sense then, also I doubt they had male/female link in mind in the first trailer sense the idea only really sparked after that trailer was released. Also yeah, they designs are going to be different, but don't expect to see OG trailer Link again

I think they were both just Male link, he's just very androgynous.

Yep. It was never female Link, they said he was a guy and they weren't even thinking about the possibility until after that trailer came out and everyone started asking. He just looked androgynous in the trailer, and doesn't in the art.

Not saying that they aren't going to put the option in, but the Link we've been seeing was male.

next year
1 year

thats a long ass time, eh nice art but still, how about you let us Wii u owners who bought your system get a demo during E3 , have us log onto a server to play and then disconnect the server after E3

Top Bottom