• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeM86

Doubt it.

I wouldn't be so sure. Dev kits didn't come out quick enough for the AAA titles of decent quality.

I imagine we're going to be shown a lot of third party support at the presentation but the majority of it will probably be for towards the end of this year, not launch

LordKano

I wouldn't be so sure. Dev kits didn't come out quick enough for the AAA titles of decent quality.

I imagine we're going to be shown a lot of third party support at the presentation but the majority of it will probably be for towards the end of this year, not launch

Eh I think we're still gonna have some quick ports from the usual ones, like THQ Nordic or Koei Tecmo. Basically the Wii U launch.

El Topo

Eh I think we're still gonna have some quick ports from the usual ones, like THQ Nordic or Koei Tecmo. Basically the Wii U launch.

Or, you know, indie titles. They already delayed the launch once. I would assume they had at least *something* over Disgaea 5 and SF2. That's just not the stuff you want for on-hands events.

marmoka

Banned
karena5lar.jpg

You people are crazy, LOL

Macka

Am I missing anything?

Switch
+ Mario Kart Enhanced Port - Probably EAD
+ Splatoon Enhanced Port - Probably EAD2
+ Smash Bros. 4 Port - Probably still Sora
+ Xenoblade Chronicles X Port - ???

3DS
+ Super Mario Maker
+ Pikmin Platformer
+ Yoshi's Wooly World

Which studios could feasibly have new games ready?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Re: the 4chan "leak". Why would he be in Europe are there press events places other than Japan?

Yeah, there are events all over, I thought? The main show is in Japan but there's hands-on stuff elsewhere.

marmoka

Banned
Nintendo Switch |OT| If Karen enjoys playing with it, then you will enjoy it too

Nintendo Switch |OT| Something something Karen something something

In other words, the OT's title needs to have the name Karen mentioned

Maybe Nd Cube is doing Bomberman. They're all ex-Hudson, plus Nintendo seems to be cool with licensing Hudson IPs off Konami (Momotaro Densetsu).

I'd prefer Tube Slider 2, but that's not happening. Except if the GC game is on the VC.

Scrawnton

Just woke up after a miserable night of sleep and I still am
not over this bronchitis. I see I missed some leaks. Is the consensus that it's real? If people think it's fake do you think it's fake because it's disappointing?

RM8

I hope the SF2 thing *if real* is done with 2D Third strike style sprites/animation or better.
Capcom is not re-doing sprites for SF2, lol. Not to mention adding more animation frames would mess with the core gameplay in SF2, at best we'd get another HD Remix or whatever. Which was pretty hideous IMHO.

Matbtz

And the prospect of playing SF on the go is dead :|

Hmm you can play on the go with the pro controller and the switch with the kickstand but that's not too convenient I agree...
I'm sure Nintendo will release a joy con with a proper D-pad

Capcom is not re-doing sprites for SF2, lol. Not to mention adding more animation frames would mess with the core gameplay in SF2, at best we'd get another HD Remix or whatever. Which was pretty hideous IMHO.
But Backbone are dead, so it won't be that bad looking.
Right? Please God let Backbone be dead.

Just woke up after a miserable night of sleep and I still am
not over this bronchitis. I see I missed some leaks. Is the consensus that it's real? If people think it's fake do you think it's fake because it's disappointing?

I fully think it's real. More often than not those leaks turn out to be true. so many people can't discredit right away and it has seemingly well researched stuff in it. Just enough of crazy but not pandering crazy like Metroid Prime 5!!!!

Titles sound great too.

Yeah this is legit.

kulapik

Nintendo Spain just posted about a contest that uses the hashtag #LargaVidaa3DS (long live 3DS). So I don't think they're completely ditching it once the Switch is out.

LordKano

My final take :
- The 4chan leak is real and every game is coming at launch
- These games are the only ones playable because Nintendo decided to only have launch games as playable demos (there are already enough game tbh)
- Nintendo will announce more games during the press conference but won't be playable, but they will be played during the Treehouse live

My final take :
- These games are the only ones playable because Nintendo decided to only have launch games as playable demos (there are already enough game tbh)
- Nintendo will announce more games during the press conference but won't be playable, but they will be played during the Treehouse live

This is where i stand too.

Outside of Mario at launch. I think that's just a small demo as a big game to come.

Scrawnton

My final take :
I can't disagree with any of this. I do think there will be more launch titles than what's playable here, though.

georly

Nintendo Spain just posted about a contest that uses the hashtag #LargaVidaa3DS (long live 3DS). So I don't think they're completely ditching it once the Switch is out.

They said as much. They can't ignore the install base while switch is ramping up. Plus they still have games in dev and coming out. They also likely want to focus the 3DS on their younger target audience and switch on their older (until switch price drops in a few years)

That still doesn't mean switch isn't the successor to 3DS (and Wii U). First party almost always supports last gen until current gen's install base ramps up. Easier for nintendo to do this time since switch consolidates stuff going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom