• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
c3K6wag.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5nis3w/official_nintendo_switch_cases_skin_zelda_breath/

Saw this on Reddit, not sure where it came from but it looks real enough.

I'm calling fake, first of all they seem like very quick and simple photoshops and secondly the third example has this going on:
2KEUd12.png

Look at the top left.

8bit

Knows the Score
Kind of hope a new flying mechanic isn't a thing, and it's just how Mario gets between locations if this has any basis in truth.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Mario Kart, Zelda and a new "mainline or whatever" 3D Mario would be pretty crazy for launch. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Those launching alongside the rumored Gamecube VC titles would have me busy for a while.

EDIT: for fuck's sake, I forgot about Spla2n.

So, we'll all agree the 4chan leak is real?

How can you not be happy with a launch lineup like that?

We could have a new Wii Sports in 1 2 Switch. The 3D Mario game has a great name. You have a few new IPs. There are third party games and probably the greatest launch lineup ever if Mario, BotW, Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart are at launch.

RM8

SFV is currently my most played game by far, and it saddens me that it'll never have a handheld version :( But really, a competent port of SF2 with online play would be great too. If it was a port of the previous anniversary edition where you could choose any "version" of any character, that'd be seriously awesome.

Scrawnton

Kind of hope a new flying mechanic isn't a thing, and it's just how Mario gets between locations if this has any basis in truth.
I've said previously that I bet the new Mario game has him adventuring around the world and that makes the backbone for the worlds we play on. Would make sense since we see a Mexican inspired level.

LordKano

We could have a new Wii Sports in 1 2 Switch. The 3D Mario game has a great name. You have a few new IPs. There are third party games and probably the greatest launch lineup ever if Mario, BotW, Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart are at launch.

It would be the greatest Nintendo launch line-up.

Mario won't come at launch. I believe the leak but there's noooo way in hell that they put out both at launch.

kiri

Rabbids won't be launch, MH would like be Japan only for a while, and wouldnyou really want the wasting a demo slot on Skyrim?

The leak, if real, is just what's going to be playable at the hands-on events. If real, there's still lots more that can be in the presentation

True true, I dunno...just those games, other than the well-known titles don't seem, compelling? I guess I'll know in about 16 hours! Any idea if they are indies/retail?

Invite only this weekend. Press tomorrow.
Och, oh well. I bothered people on Twitter to be their +1 but had no joy. I'm sure it'll go on tour before March. At least one event...

Spy

Why would we agree that it's real? Has anything been shown to confirm?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
A likely fake Reddit leak, all games mentioned are in the poll above. I wouldn't take much notice of it.

Ah the /v/ leak.

why are people believing anything from 4chan? the only time leaks become real there is when another site supports it (usually a forum), or if it includes genuine videos (like the one from Pokemon sun and moon)

Oersted

I'm gonna have to call it a fake. Come on, why (in the world) would they care to show off a Street Fighter 2 version or Disgaea 5? No. Just no. I can't believe we're honestly discussing this.

What makes me sceptic is that it doesn't feature the Rabbids.

Ubi is always well represented at these events and such a title missing looks off.

Sandfox

Zelda, Mario, Splatoon 2, minigame complication, and Mario Kart would be pretty strong lineup for first party launch (window) titles.

I have no reason to believe that it's real.

None of it makes sense. I'm just saying it makes more sense than SF2 redone in HD. Again?

It'd be nice to finally get an Arcade-perfect version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo on console. I expect something like that this year for the series' 30th Anniversary. A new version with the same look but new bells and whistles sounds to good to be true, though.

FelipeMGM

I dont think the ''Has-Been Heroes'' trademark proves the 4chan leak real. That trademark is old at this point. And It seems to me that this dude saw the trademark and then made the post based on that.

He mentions Shadwen and Nine Parchments as the two projects Frozenbyte worked on, but doesnt mention Trine? Which is the bigget thing they ever done!

Guess where else Shadwen and Nine Parchments are mentioned but Trine is not? EXACTLY, in the trademark site he found the ''Has-Been Heroes'' which was trademarked 6 months ago

I think he just using this old trademark to make his leak sound real

EDIT: Just an update on my post, since I just realized Nine Parchments is not even out yet lol. Why the hell mention a game that is not even out as an example of games they've worked on

At this point Im 99% sure he did exactly what I said

You really think Capcom is going to release SF4 again while trying to push SFV? Nah.

I think SF5 was not as successful as Capcom hoped. So they are looking at alternatives. They have an exclusive contract with Sony for SF5, but not for SF4, and a new SF6 game is years away.

I don't think the "leak" is true or even believable but SF4 for Switch is something a desperate company like Capcom could consider.

oti

Banned
I think the leak is real. It talks about the playable demos at some European event. Nothing on the list is outlandish and all makes sense.

Splatoon being a sequel, Zelda being a launch game, a minigame collection, Capcom celebrating SF Anniversary with the most-liked game of the series, Bomberman using both Joy-Con for easy multilayer, the Switch Sports game, Mario Kart being a port with additional content, Disgaea showing the potential for that kind of game on Switch etc. It all checks out for the reasons I've laid out in several posts throughout this thread.

Only surprise to me is not seeing Mario X Rabbits on the list.

I dont think the ''Has-Been Heroes'' trademark proves the 4chan leak real. That trademark is old at this point. And It seems to me that this dude saw the trademark and then made the post based on that.

He mentions Shadwen and Nine Parchments as the two projects Frozenbyte worked on, but doesnt mention Trine? Which is the bigget thing they ever done!

Guess where else Shadwen and Nine Parchments are mentioned but Trine is not? EXACTLY, in the trademark site he found the ''Has-Been Heroes'' which was trademarked 6 months ago

That's a good point.

I'm officially on #teamfake

Sandfox

This is pretty convincing.

Exactly my thoughts as well, there's no need to pay any attention to it.

This is smash bros. All over again where people analysed the pixels and deemed it to be fake. I have an excellent nose for leaks and i studied it and thought about it and i'm convinced.

Y'all gon eat some crow.

Plum

Yep, they probably found an old trademark many forgot about and brought it back up to give the leak some "legitimacy."

georly

I'm calling fake, first of all they seem like very quick and simple photoshops and secondly the third example has this going on:
2KEUd12.png

Look at the top left.

You've never worked retail i take it? Of course someone photoshopped these. It's that person's job. Retail mockups aren't perfect but they help retailers to get preorders or make planograms. Expect these to show up on amazon/etc within 48 hours is my guess.

Like, what's more likely? Someone spents hours upon hours to photoshop these for fun (these, not game leaks or anything, but zelda stickers for a switch), or that these are mockups that leaked ahead of preorders going live tomorrow?

El Topo

It should be pointed out that the trademark wasn't publicly available (via the internet) six months ago, from what little I can tell.
The problem in principle is that the "leaker" is using publicly available trademark information, so by itself Has-Been-Heroes does not make the list legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom