• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch final display boxes show up retail

brad-t

Packaging can definitely impact sales but it would be hard to make any predictions about how it might, other than saying that showing the product on the box is probably a good thing.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
But how could anyone here know how it'll affect any sort of bottom link.. you know? Not like anyone here would be swayed based on the packaging anyways.

I gotta say, I like to look at the box leading up to launch. Once I get it, I could care less. I suppose some like to display their console boxes, or keep them in storage for various reasons. Me.. don't care. I'm not playing the box.

So in the first picture, what's behind the controller and the console is the front of the box? Is that it? I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

Koyuga

I think the north america packaging is perfect. Simplistic, eye-catching, shows off the product well and instantly communicates it's main features.

Frodo

Since I'll probably throw the box away the minute I open it, I don't really care what it looks like. But Japan My Nintendo Store box >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ryohumar

I really wish we could have gotten that sexy red box here in the states. For that matter, I wish we could order a custom Switch here, but NoA never seems to bring the best ideas NCL has here.

v0yce

Why would i? These things have no value and never will. They literally are cartons that take up quite a lot of space.

Actually they do have value.

uLd5ogy.jpg

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I know this is a box thread but I finally saw my first Switch commercial besides the Super Bowl one.

It was on cable station TBS during Seinfeld if anyone was wondering.

I guess this would be a good place to put it as any.

I posted before in another thread about the Switch displays; Walmart had recently added a small thing inside the games cabinet and now Target has joined in too.

I was told recently by my friend at TRU that Nintendo has apparently bought a whole aisle out in electronics for something; I'm assuming they'll be having the Switch and their World of Nintendo toys and plush will probably migrate over there into one large aisle which is a good marketing ploy.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
That's a sexy, clean design. There's probably some study that says American's like to see the product they are buying on the box that is trapping us in this ugly box hell.

Apple did it for the iPhone 6S/6S Plus and they reverted straight back... not wrongly in that case as Apple's marketing has always about giving you a faithful preview of the core of the experience.

Only reason to keep them would be for warranty purposes or if you intend to resell them. So I keep mine as long as I still have the console.

I never ever ever had to return a console or any electronic product in it's original packaging for warranty.

I don't even think that would be legal or even practical where i live.

Resell value is in my experience the same.

Ah good this thread is still here.
A friend of mine at TRU snapped a pic of their retail display.
The unit cycles through the new trailers for the games. There's some other options there on the left touch screen panel but she didn't explore it that much.
As you can see there's no physical switch on the unit. I believe the Wii U did/does have an actual gamepad so this is a bit of a departure from the norm.

Top Bottom