• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Partners - Bethesda, Atlus, Capcom, EA, Epic, Unity, more

oti

Banned
I wonder what surprising game it could be
yond Good & Evil 2

If so I'm wondering why they were allowed to talk about it (not in a Nintendo context of course but since the rumours have been out there for months people drew the connection immediately) and how far along the game actually is.

Maybe it's a Nintendo franchise that Ubisoft is allowed to make a game of for Switch? That would be wild and interesting.

jmizzal

Ubisoft is all in, like I said I expect Jan 12th Ubisoft will announce a bunch of games

BG&E 2
For Honer
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Steep
Just Dance 2017

Then maybe some ports of older games like RB6 Siege and Watch_Dogs 2

I bet they also confirm the next AssCreed game coming

But what I really want is Zombi Switch aka ZombiU 2

I don't think it's thread-worthy, but I just bumped into this comment from Yves Guillemot that everyone overlooked, probably because it's in French, even though it contains an interesting sentence.

I translated it as :

yond Good & Evil 2

Oh yea he says Ubisoft dev teams so yea a lot of there dev teams are making games

Surprising game is def BG&E 2 or ZombiU 2 lol

GDGF

Soothsayer
Ubisoft is all in, like I said I expect Jan 12th Ubisoft will announce a bunch of games

BG&E 2
For Honer
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Steep
Just Dance 2017

I'm in for BG&E and For Honor. If it gets those two I will be content.

If so I'm wondering why they were allowed to talk about it (not in a Nintendo context of course but since the rumours have been out there for months people drew the connection immediately) and how far along the game actually is.

Maybe it's a Nintendo franchise that Ubisoft is allowed to make a game of for Switch? That would be wild and interesting.

Maybe Ubisoft and Nintendo (and Ancel) agreed it would be in everyone's best interest to tease the game in order to help hopefully stave off the Vivendi buyout?

Who knows...

I'm starting to worry there might be too many games at launch lol

An embarrassment of riches!

oti

Banned

BG&E 2
For Honer
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Steep
Just Dance 2017

Oh yea he says Ubisoft dev teams so yea a lot of there dev teams are making games

I'm not seeing this. The reason why Ubisoft was one of the few successful publishers on Wii was their willingness to develop new games for it. Not just ports. Some ports will be there, for sure. But I don't expect Ubisoft to treat Switch the same as PS4/XBO. Do we even want that?
I want Rayman.

Maybe Ubisoft and Nintendo (and Ancel) agreed it would be in everyone's best interest to tease the game in order to help hopefully stave off the Vivendi buyout?

Who knows...

An embarrassment of riches!

Would make sense. I'm sure there's a lot of respect for Ancel at Nintendo and I'm sure they don't want to lose one of their biggest allies to Vivendi.

I'm still not sure about BG&E2 being on Switch at all, let alone an exclusive...but Ubisoft usually makes a couple of exclusives for Nintendo's hardware so I'd imagine they have something in the works.
He talks a lot about the Switch in a pretty positive way, hopefully it works out for Ubi and Nintendo.
I like how he mentioned the 3DS's 55-60M sales as a positive since that's still a pretty good installbase despite people mentioning that it severely underperformed.
Would be nice if Nintendo managed to get a system with handheld level sales and console level games/specs. That would be pretty interesting to see play out

jmizzal

I'm not seeing this. The reason why Ubisoft was one of the few successful publishers on Wii was their willingness to develop new games for it. Not just ports. Some ports will be there, for sure. But I don't expect Ubisoft to treat Switch the same as PS4/XBO. Do we even want that?
I want Rayman.

Yea Ubisoft is good with new games on new Nintendo hardware

Red Steel, ZombiU, and Ghost recon Shadow wars on 3DS a spin off

oti

Banned
I'm still not sure about BG&E2 being on Switch at all, let alone an exclusive...but Ubisoft usually makes a couple of exclusives for Nintendo's hardware so I'd imagine they have something in the works.
He talks a lot about the Switch in a pretty positive way, hopefully it works out for Ubi and Nintendo.
I like how he mentioned the 3DS's 55-60M sales as a positive since that's still a pretty good installbase despite people mentioning that it severely underperformed.
Would be nice if Nintendo managed to get a system with handheld level sales and console level games/specs. That would be pretty interesting to see play out

If Nintendo paid for it it will be exclusive. If not then not.

I am wondering what Nintendo offered Ubisoft for their support. Being buddies is all fine and well but in business, politics play a huge role. I could really see Ubisoft asking for something in return for exclusives and ports and more than just Nintendo's marketing power.

For example I could see Nintendo characters in the Rabbids TV show, or more cross-promotion opportunities.

MoonFrog

Yeah, I think best somewhat likely case is it 'dominates' Japan, doing somewhat less than 3DS but sizeably more than PS4 and that it does okay, but not great worldwide. So like 50-60 million. I'll be surprised if it out performs 3DS. But, yes, a system like that that can take PS4/XBone ports has huge potential to revolutionize Nintendo's third party relations, especially in Japan if it does dominate.

KingBroly

Banned
I don't think it's thread-worthy, but I just bumped into this comment from Yves Guillemot that everyone overlooked, probably because it's in French, even though it contains an interesting sentence.

I translated it as :

yond Good & Evil 2

Well, we know that's in production though. So it can't be a surprising game.

I'm guessing they're working on a first party title for Nintendo.

From Software... oh god, the thought of having a new Souls-type game on a Nintendo console... it's too much.

al1UYcM.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
One interesting interview with several indies that I think is suited for this thread:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...pt_its_positives_and_key_unanswered_questions

More on topic from it:

Ivo Wubbels (Engine Software): As I said, we are already working on the platform, and yes I do hope to support Switch for a long time.

Manfred Linzner (Shin'en Multimedia): We've already been working on games for the Nintendo Switch for quite some time.

I guess one Shin'en game is to be expected at launch like on Wii U.

BG&E 2
For Honer
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Steep
Just Dance 2017

I think that only Just Dance is definitely going to be on the Switch, BG&E 2 is possible and there is no chance for the other games.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Uh-oh, that don't sound good. It sounds like how EA dumbed down their sports titles on the Wii and gave them that "all play" or whatever moniker.

Capcoms output so far on PS4/XBO has been kinda lackluster tbh - so im not opposed to them trying something diffrent on Switch. From the so far announced PS$/XBO games i only expect REMake, RE Zero and the upcoming RE2 Remake to hit Switch.

It's kinda cute Yves has so much faith in Nintendo after the bombas Wii U Ubisoft games were.

I think it was more the games, not necessarily the Wii U at the beginning. The ZombiU port for PS4/XOne bombed hard, it had good sales on Wii U.

After flawed ports like Assassins Creed 4 no one wanted other Ubi ports on Wii U.

Aswell

a9e1b5ac82.png

I translated it as :
With the design and the uniques abilites of the Switch, Nintendo should revolutionize again the way we play. Ultra-accessible, this console will offer to all of us the liberty and pleasure to share our game experience and to play anywhere and at any time. The Ubisoft teams who are creating games for the Switch are inspired by all these new possibilities, and I'm very happy that we can continue to make big things with Nintendo. In addition to Just Dance 2017, I'm thinking especially about a game that will surprise you a lot !

yond Good & Evil 2
I wonder what Yves Guillemot meant by "ultra-accessible", as in French, "accessible" can also be translated as "affordable", and not only as "easy to use" / "easy to understand".

oti

Banned
I think it was more the games, not necessarily the Wii U. The ZombiU port for PS4/XOne bombed hard, it had good sales on Wii U.

Rayman on Wii U was more successful then the ports too, wasn't it?

I think that while Ubisoft have their Division and Assassin's Creed they want to reach the kid's market just as much. Activision has Skylanders and Ubisoft has... the Rabbids. There's more potential here. I could also imagine both companies share a similar culture when it comes to their quirky identity.

Reminder:
Just because it start off as an exclusive does not mean that it will remain exclusive later.

If it's an Bayonetta 2 like situation, it will stay exclusive. If it's a ZombiU situation, ports could be possible. But regarding the history of BGE2 it is probably a canceled game that got funded by Nintendo, like Bayonetta 2.

EhoaVash

GTA V on the switch sounds like a no brainier, i mean the game is still selling more than soo many new releases even 3 years after it came out?Why wouldn't there be a port?.. I mean rockstar made lots of money from the PSP gta games, with switch being a handheld, the audience is way more wider than say wii u, whats to stop them from porting the game to the switch? If they do they're not going to lose any money in this game??

with take-two being a big partner this time, why is it not realistic to think GTAV is going to be on the switch??? No way is power an issue this time around?? Userbase won't be a issue either i mean the 3ds had like what 50 million user base half of that user base is definitely going to switch over,

Does nintendo still have anti GTA stigma like they did during the gamecube days?? or is it the other way around Is Rockstar still shook from the sales of Chinatown wars??

Mithos

I think a port of GTAV on Switch would show us exactly where the future of GTA games will be on other than PC and PS4/Xbone. Wouldn't Rockstar recoup all money if GTAV sold 3-5 million on Switch? I think many would love to have a portable GTAV to play just about anywhere.

Too bad that Rockstar doesn't realize that since the game is still selling like mad.

Rockstar would NOT spend THAT much money on the eventual port of GTA5 to Switch that they would need to sell 3-5 million copies to recoup the cost.

Ladekabel

I translated it as :

yond Good & Evil 2

Beyond Good & Evil 2 wouldn't surprise anyone anymore. It's an open secret at this point.

I'm expecting a new We Dare!

oti

Banned
GTA V on the switch sounds like a no brainier, i mean the game is still selling more than soo many new releases even 3 years after it came out?Why wouldn't there be a port?.. I mean rockstar made lots of money from the PSP gta games, with switch being a handheld, the audience is way more wider than say wii u, whats to stop them from porting the game to the switch? If they do they're not going to lose any money in this game??

with take-two being a big partner this time, why is it not realistic to think GTAV is going to be on the switch??? No way is power an issue this time around?? Userbase won't be a issue either i mean the 3ds had like what 50 million user base half of that user base is definitely going to switch over,

Does nintendo still have anti GTA stigma like they did during the gamecube days?? or is it the other way around Is Rockstar still shook from the sales of Chinatown wars??

Opportunity costs.

In addition to that I kinda doubt Rockstar would release GTA V without GTA Online, which I wouldn't expect to run on Switch anyway.

Bringing up GTA PSP games is looking at this from the wrong angle. I'm sure the Mobile ports of the old games replaced the PSP.

Tbh the only way I could see a GTA on Switch would be a port of a new Mobile game. That's not condescending, it's just what the business is nowadays.

Roo

If BG&E2 is funded and published by Nintendo, makes me wonder if they'll go the extra mile and port the first game with a few visual enhancements here and there as well.

I mean, it came out for GCN but that was 13 years ago. It'd be a nice way to revisit the franchise for those who already played it (on any platform) AND to attract new people telling them "here is where everything started"

That is of course if they treat it as a proper sequel and not some sort of reboot of the franchise.

Kimawolf

The game is Prince of Persia.

When docked its a 3d action adv game
Undocked it instantly switches to classic PC game mode. Can switch instantly. Book it people.

If BG&E2 is funded and published by Nintendo, makes me wonder if they'll go the extra mile and port the first game with a few visual enhancements here and there as well.

I mean, it came out for GCN but that was 13 years ago. It'd be a nice way to revisit the franchise for those who already played it (on any platform) AND to attract new people telling them "here is where everything started"

That is of course if they treat it as a proper sequel and not some sort of reboot of the franchise.

If they treat it as a proper sequel, then I expect a HD version of the first game, but didn't they say this new game is like the first one, but also different?

I could already play anywhere anytime Yves, only now I can do it in a less portable form factor with 3 hours of battery life, hooray

jmizzal

Agreed, I do not think we will see Ghost Recon Wildlands and For Honor on Switch.

I think that only Just Dance is definitely going to be on the Switch, BG&E 2 is possible and there is no chance for the other games.

Umm the president of the company is praising the system, the same company that put almost all their core games on WiiU and supported the Wii

He isnt even making a vague statement like other 3rd parties

Ubisoft is the one western company I expect to come out strong on Switch

Top Bottom