• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller just got FCC approval. Update: Gone in 15 minutes

Hopefully I can snag a pro and Zelda for preorder at Best Buy with the $25 off with the Visa Checkout, that's where my Switch preorder is.

So this is why it got held up.

I'll be preordering this controller as soon as it goes up on Amazon USA (already have a preorder on Amazon Japan but I'd rather have it day one to play Zelda with).

wasn't there a different pro controller in the hori leaks? is that one trapped in regulatory limbo too, or just not out yet? it was wired and cheaper right?

WadeitOut

wasn't there a different pro controller in the hori leaks? is that one trapped in regulatory limbo too, or just not out yet? it was wired and cheaper right?

Uh the controller in the hori leak is a hori controller. It's wired and not a pro controller because, well, it's a hori controller.

Uh the controller in the hori leak is a hori controller. It's wired and not a pro controller because, well, it's a hori controller.

in my eyes the term "pro controller" means nothing besides "traditional controller for people who don't want to deal with wii remote/gamepad/joycons/ other current novelty nintendo control scheme." why would being a hori controller stop it from being a pro controller?

if i need a way to accomodate friends who hate anything other than regular controllers i'm gonna want to keep the budget option in mind

AdanVC

In my case, I'm gonna want one for Sonic Mania & USFII (unless Brook comes out with a PS4-to-Switch converter for my arcade stick before then for USFII). As for Smash 4, it'll likely work with the GameCube Adapter, so I can always just use that.

Geez... GameCube controllers are here to stay forever isn'it??

WadeitOut

in my eyes the term "pro controller" means nothing besides "traditional controller for people who don't want to deal with wii remote/gamepad/joycons/ other current novelty nintendo control scheme." why would being a hori controller stop it from being a pro controller?

if i need a way to accomodate friends who hate anything other than regular controllers i'm gonna want to keep the budget option in mind

The Pro controller is a Nintendo term. So it being a third party controller is why it isn't a Pro controller regardless. The term you are looking for is "traditional controller".

aparisi2274

Yeah but you're going to have to wait.

I'll be playing Zelda with this shit day one.

It takes amazon Japan two days to get to my home in NYC, so if they ship on the 3rd in Japan, which is still the 2nd in the US, I will have this on Day 2.

I can use the joycon in the grip to play Zelda for Day 1, so I am not concerned...

TAS

Preordered! YAAASSSS!!! Don't get me wrong, $100 stings but I got too much love for the Big N. 🤗

WadeitOut

The FCC thing seems to make a lot of sense considering none of these retailers even have a listing for it yet.

I don't need it day one though so I'll keep my Japan order even when they pop up here.

JaseMath

Is there a placeholder listing anywhere on Amazon? If there is, I couldn't find one. I'm going to keep the BB Switch Accessory page and Amazon pages open and refresh them constantly because I'm obsessed.

Is there a placeholder listing anywhere on Amazon? If there is, I couldn't find one. I'm going to keep the BB Switch Accessory page and Amazon pages open and refresh them constantly because I'm obsessed.

I cannot find a page yet either.

None yet for Amazon USA, as I'm checking the sites myself. As soon as I find something I'll post it here.

If Amazon.ca has it up, it's just a matter of time for Amazon.com to put theirs up too right?

Neoxon

Cerium

2074yu4sw2.gif

Top Bottom