• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to reveal "a new role-playing IP" for 3DS tomorrow on Treehouse Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo PR said:
Nintendo Treehouse: Live begins at 10 a.m. PT on Wednesday, June 15 with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A, and concludes its programming at E3 with a showcase of previously announced Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games, including Paper Mario: Color Splash, YO-KAI WATCH 2: Bony Spirits and YO-KAI WATCH 2: Fleshy Souls, Rhythm Heaven Megamix, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Monster Hunter Generations and Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past. The broadcast will also include the introduction of a new role-playing IP for Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo Treehouse: Live can be viewed at http://e3.nintendo.com.

Woah. What could it be?

Hopefully not another Codename S.T.E.A.M. in terms of looks/style, no offense to those who liked it.

Is this from Nintendo directly?

Could this be Monolith Soft's new project that Takahashi said wasn't like what they had done before and would surprise people?

Is this from Nintendo directly?

Could this be Monolith Soft's new project that Takahashi said wasn't like what they had done before and would surprise people?

Oh shit, an actual new Monolith RPG (NOT another Xenoblade) would be a sight to see.

But I rather something from a dev we'd never expect that's a good pick.

Maybe like tri-Crescendo, Tri-Ace, etc.

mp1990

Banned
Wario Ware Mega Micro RPG

I know this is just a joke, but a JRPG with the Wario Ware group following the Paper Mario formula could be stellar. WW has some of the most charismatic characters from Nintendo, but they have yet to play a major role outside their former franchise.

AnGer

It's either Camelot, Alphadream or a studio no-one expected (think Obsidian). Can't wait until tonight, I hope it's the first thing they show.

Wildean

I'm glad there are still new 3DS games being planned, but it seems pretty well-served for rpgs already. 4 Fire Emblems, 3 Pokemons, 2 Bravely Defaults, 2 Mario & Luigis, Xenoblade on New 3DS and a few others.

Bracing for Mario & Luigi 6, where the 2D brothers cross over with the 3D cast of the Mario Golf universe. Bowser gets a magical golf club that gives him perfect aim and super strength, allowing him to smack giant spiked balls across the resort island. The Mario brothers get help from Tee-hee, a flying and talking golf tee, to put an end to it. The big new feature is that the tutorials will now span past the credits of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom