• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Treehouse team got a thank-you gift from 4chan's video games board.

Let me point out once again that when Iwata announced he had health issues that prevented him from going to E3, /v/ wrote him a get well soon card while the GAF thread concerning the news was filled with childish console warrior snipes.

I'm confused. I can't accept that these are genuinely kind acts. What am I missing?

I didn't participate on this one but I have in the past, it's done out of love at truly to thank them for their hard work.

4chan isn't the shitty place some of you believe it is, even if I don't browse that site as much as I did in the past, it still holds a special place in my heart.

There are plenty of good videogame communities on 4chan. From Halo (ded thred) to Metal Gear to SMT. They have a good Nintendo community on /vg/ that also has a presence on /v/.

This isn't sarcasm.

Yeah, but you have to wade through an endless stream of racism, sexism, homophobia, and general asshattery to find the occasional good threads. Even right now on the /v/ thread over the reactions over the NoA twitter, they're slinging shit over the fact that "normalf*gs" and redditors might come and ruin their secret club due to this newfound publicity they're getting.

It's really not worth the trouble to go to /v/ these days. /vg/ is where is at though. More focused discussions on the better series (like SMT)

Sandwich

Neo Member
WTF. Why isn't neogaf doing something this awesome?

Because apparently, Neogaf are mostly cunts.

CliffTweet.jpg

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I'm almost going to cry

Denholm Elliott and Good Looking Bloke must be proud, what a fantastic E3 for Nintendo

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Let me point out once again that when Iwata announced he had health issues that prevented him from going to E3, /v/ wrote him a get well soon card while the GAF thread concerning the news was filled with childish console warrior snipes.

"But we are still better because I heard something bad about 4chan in High School once! " - half of GAF.

Yeah, but you have to wade through an endless stream of racism, sexism, homophobia, and general asshattery to find the occasional good threads. Even right now on the /v/ thread over the reactions over the NoA twitter, they're slinging shit over the fact that "normalf*gs" and redditors might come and ruin their secret club due to this newfound publicity they're getting.

It's really not worth the trouble to go to /v/ these days. /vg/ is where is at though. More focused discussions on the better series (like SMT)
At this point I treat /v/ as just a (vaguely) game-related board to just go on for a quick dumb laugh or two and not something you'd remotely take serious opinions about anything from, while /vg/ is where you go if you actually feel like talking about video games. The two only really converge around E3 or a big video game event.

Because apparently, Neogaf are mostly cunts.

CliffTweet.jpg
So uh, why did CliffyB stop posting on GAF after awhile? Dude seemed fairly chill the few times I saw him here a few years ago but now he seems to do nothing but bitch about nearly everybody on twitter now.

"But we are still better because I heard something bad about 4chan in High School once! " - half of GAF.
"Internet terrorists visually-harass japanese kids game company with a giant card, more at 7"

chadboban

The GAF thread definitely had a bit of that(and I felt sick every time I came across one of those comments) but most of the thread were telling him to get well soon. Still pretty shameful though.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
At this point I treat /v/ as just a (vaguely) game-related board to just go on for a quick dumb laugh or two and not something you'd remotely take serious opinions about anything from, while /vg/ is where you go if you actually feel like talking about video games. The two only really converge around E3 or a big video game event.

From what I understand, this card came from /v/, not Wii U/3DS general. Could be wrong though.

From what I understand, this card came from /v/, not Wii U/3DS general. Could be wrong though.
It also would've been made during E3 though when more people from /vg/ come over and /v/ has more game news to actually talk about instead of direction-less fighting.

Regiruler

You can catch more flies with honey than you can with shit.
What in the world does that even mean?
You call him a loser on absolutely no basis (assumption of general understanding is not an appropriate basis), which even with a reason is incredibly rude and disrespectful, and you then proceed to smear his very thoughts and opinions in the mud. Such action does indeed give one the label of a cunt.

Is that loser even relevant anymore? I can't remember the last time he's said anything worth listening to.

Tweets like that help keep him relevant. Did we do something to him, or did he just randomly decide to say something shitty about GAF? We got shout outs at E3. Was he even there?

In any event, it's weird that people think 4chan is such a cesspool. I've seen threads on /v/ with really good conversation there, even ones that started out being "troll" threads.
don't go to /b/

Nintendo did some fantastic work at E3, and I salute /v/ for showing their appreciation.

pa22word

So uh, why did CliffyB stop posting on GAF after awhile? Dude seemed fairly chill the few times I saw him here a few years ago but now he seems to do nothing but bitch about nearly everybody on twitter now.

I thought he got perm'd?

But yeah, as someone who knows some people who work in the industry and understands the insane amount of hours and hard work they put into their job for comparatively miniscule wages...honestly he's probably right. The fact "lazy devs" is still a thing here is enough to drive off 99.99999999999999999% of people working in the industry.

Crayons

Banned
What in the world does that even mean?
You call him a loser on absolutely no basis (assumption of general understanding is not an appropriate basis), which even with a reason is incredibly rude and disrespectful, and you then proceed to smear his very thoughts and opinions in the mud. Such action does indeed give one the label of a cunt.
By calling an entire message board cunts was he expecting a positive response?

Calling someone a cunt isn't exactly polite either

A loser is someone who spends their whole day on Twitter complaining.

And I'm not a game dev, he is. He should know how to stay professional.

Nachos

There's more boards on 4chan than /b/

Yes, but even a good chunk of /v/ was deriding the people making the card, saying things like "they shouldn't be rewarded for simply doing their job." /v/'s one of the biggest boards on the site, so for every one tolerable person, there'll be at least two more who aren't.

I didn't participate on this one but I have in the past, it's done out of love at truly to thank them for their hard work.

4chan isn't the shitty place some of you believe it is, even if I don't browse that site as much as I did in the past, it still holds a special place in my heart.
As someone who's been on it for the past five years or so, I really disagree. There certainly are times and areas that are better than others (which is where I flock to nowadays), but people are usually pretty terrible towards each other, if not out of genuine malice, then out of the pretense that they should be terrible just to fit in with the culture.

pa22word

He didn't call "us" cunts. He said that the majority of people working in the industry think that the people who post here are, and honestly, it's hard as shit to blame them.

I mean fuck guys, would you want to take part of a community that's filled with people who constantly call you lazy and incompetent when you bust your ass sometimes 70-80 hours a week (IF NOT FUCKING MORE) to make games for the people of gaf to enjoy? Most of the time for things entirely outside of your control? I know I sure as fuck wouldn't.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

How do you know all Cliff does is Twitter? The site was designed around leaving snippets of words in seconds. And game devs cant call people cunts? What logic is even being used here?

I thought he got perm'd?

But yeah, as someone who knows some people who work in the industry and understands the insane amount of hours and hard work they put into their job for comparatively miniscule wages...honestly he's probably right. The fact "lazy devs" is still a thing here is enough to drive off 99.99999999999999999% of people working in the industry.
Sure, but responding to people posting dumb and broad generalizations about devs by making broad-generalizations about ten thousand or so people doesn't really paint him in a better light. You're not going to change somebody's opinion that you're simply too lazy to flip that magical "1080/60fps/whatever" switch by calling them a cunt. If anything you're just encouraging them to further complain.

Frolow

Banned
Yes, but even a good chunk of /v/ was deriding the people making the card, saying things like "they shouldn't be rewarded for simply doing their job." /v/'s one of the biggest boards on the site, so for every one tolerable person, there'll be at least two more who aren't.

As someone who's been on it for the past five years or so, I really disagree. There certainly are times and areas that are better than others (which is where I flock to nowadays), but people are usually pretty terrible towards each other, if not out of genuine malice, then out of the pretense that they should be terrible just to fit in with the culture.
/v/ is pretty shit in general. But at least with 4chan you can pretty much state whatever you want, be it an unpopular or controversial opinion, and not worry about getting banned or having your post shunned entirely.

Top Bottom