• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's FY 2016 has officially begun - The Year of NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

Rösti;201779453 said:
I personally expect no NX-related Nintendo Direct broadcast next week, though I suppose it's possible. More likely I would assume a press release in form of a PDF file is.

Yup. Same. Nothing will be revealed by NOA next week in any form we're used to. If anything they'll announce a formal time/place when stuff WILL be revealed, but nothing will be formally revealed next week, i'd imagine. AT BEST, a quirky video telling us to get ready for it, and maybe even a namedrop.

GamerJM

Banned
Overshadowed? No. I would say not enough time to explain wtf they are doing. Unless of course the NX is just a PS4 that plays Nintendo games.

They can make time. They could have a more hardware focused-E3 and then dive more into software in post-E3 Directs if need be.

I think fear of being overshadowed is a huge possibility, when PS4 Neo, Xbox 1.5, and VR are going to be the big stories. Nintendo cannot exist in their own bubble where what they do only matters to Nintendo fans; they need to somehow make a spectacle (not talking about "spectacle," in terms of Live E3 Presentations, they can do this via Directs as well as long as the news gets out there) that echoes throughout the entire industry.

spekkeh

Banned
So are we expecting a direct around about the financial briefing to announce NX to us before the shareholders?
I kind of did. The timing of the release of SF0 and the shareholder meeting seemed too conspicuous not to indicate a direct in between. But it's too late now, they should have had a timer up, and they don't. They could do a stealth pdf file but that would be even more damaging. So I'm thinking, maybe even hoping, they're going to tell the shareholders to 'please understand' and then reveal at or close to E3.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Yup. Same. Nothing will be revealed by NOA next week in any form we're used to. If anything they'll announce a formal time/place when stuff WILL be revealed, but nothing will be formally revealed next week, i'd imagine. AT BEST, a quirky video telling us to get ready for it, and maybe even a namedrop.
The successor to Wii U.

Zalman

Rösti;201779453 said:
I personally expect no NX-related Nintendo Direct broadcast next week, though I suppose it's possible. More likely I would assume a press release in form of a PDF file is.
Best case scenario:

To whom it may concern:

Re: NX

Nintendo Co., Ltd. has decided to launch in 2016 a system with a brand-new concept under the development codename "NX."

We will show a playable model of the new system at the E3 Expo, which will be held June 14-16, 2016, in Los Angeles.

Sales of this new system have been included in the financial forecasts announced today for the fiscal term ending March 2017.

Kouriozan

I don't expect a blowout soon, hope I'm wrong.
Nintendo could prevent leaks for this long so it'd be nice to go into the NX reveal event and be surprised to learn what really is the gimmick and stuffs.

Best case scenario:
To whom it may concern:

Re: NX

Nintendo Co., Ltd. has decided to launch in 2016 a system with a brand-new concept under the development codename "NX."

We will show a playable model of the new system at the E3 Expo, which will be held June 14-16, 2016, in Los Angeles.

Sales of this new system have been included in the financial forecasts announced today for the fiscal term ending March 2017.

That's precisely what I'm expecting. Allows them to incorporate it into their forecasts without tipping their hand as to what it actually is.

The successor to Wii U.

A few months ago Kimishima said people shouldn't expect it to be a successor to Wii U but an entirely new idea. There have been a few statements along those lines. So.. yeah I don't think they'll be talking about it like that whatever it is.

Neoxon

Best case scenario:
Then Nintendo would run the risk of getting upstaged by the competition, overstuffing their presentation, & not giving enough time to hype up the platform. Brand awareness for Nintendo is at an all-time low, it won't be hard for them to get overshadowed.

Malus

Best case scenario:

That sounds like the middle case scenario to me. Just above "look forward to it in 2017", though I don't know why they'd say anything about it at a meeting now if it were releasing in 2017.

Best case would be a name (I think they revealed the Wii name at one of these meetings) and a date for the reveal before E3 that Orgen predicted.

Zalman

Then Nintendo would run the risk of getting upstaged by the competition, overstuffing their presentation, & not giving enough time to hype up the platform. Brand awareness for Nintendo is at an all-time low, it won't be hard for them to get overshadowed.
For the record, I'm expecting them to actually reveal the system before E3.

sense

they need to reveal it before e3 and back it up with a solid software showing at e3. you don't want to wait until e3 especially when ms and sony are going to be creating a lot of conversation around their new revisions.

I think what I heard earlier in this (?) thread of a pre-E3 direct at some point in May or so focusing on the remaining Wii U and 3DS games is a great idea. That gets things out of the way so E3 can be all about NX games. But the system itself, that definitely has to be acknowledged in some way before E3 - a live event with a livestream or associated Direct would be cool, but I guess they'd need to start hurrying up about contacting the press and all that.

Also I'm expecting/hoping for another Mega64 video to announce their E3 plans.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
A few months ago Kimishima said people shouldn't expect it to be a successor to Wii U but an entirely new idea. There have been a few statements along those lines. So.. yeah I don't think they'll be talking about it like that whatever it is.
Ok, I stand corrected: 'our new console code-named NX'.

Wolfie5

I expect Nintendo to reveal the name of the console before E3. That might happen next week or as late as the week before E3. Simply because Nintendo usually have their E3 pressconference/direct after everyone else and I am sure there are some third parties that wants to announce their game for NX at their own pressconference at least.

Every other detail about NX, I expect to be revealed at E3. That´s my expectation, hope I am wrong and we get something before E3.

Having said that, I think there is a slight chance we might get some info before E3. Nintendo usually unveils their home console in 2 steps(read 2 E3s) before release. This time is different. Nintendo is going to only have one E3 and then release a new home console.
We don´t know anything about NX. They are going to need to explain the concept, the gimmick, online, etc. plus show us software for it, the games coming for 3DS and what´s left for Wii U. There is also the potential for NX handheld news at E3 as well. There seems to be a lot of info to be told. They could get concept stuff out of the way before E3 and concentrate on games, games, games for E3.

I think you guys are seriously exaggerating how much of a "mistake" it would be to reveal the thing at E3.

I doubt it'd be a disaster for sure, but it's a big risk since Sony is definitely going to be announcing a new PS4 and Microsoft might jump out with a new Xbox too.

A major problem with Wii U was the messaging and people thinking it was a Super Wii or just an addon. They can't do that during a time when the other two are straight-up revealing Super Consoles.

I guess Nintendo could maybe save things if they go last at E3 and are all, "While everyone else is releasing new versions of their old consoles, we've got a new console AND handheld! For cheaper!"

It's all risky though regardless of what happens, which I guess is part of why we're antsy.

maxcriden

Rösti;201778103 said:
Correct. I may have previously written the news conference is usually 10.00 AM JST. This appears incorrect, as the news conference in conjunction with Nintendo's FY 2015 Third Quarter Earnings Release on February 2, 2016, was in the afternoon. As evidenced by this photo:

conferencel2op0.png

Sorry about the watermark.

Source: http://www.gettyimages.se/detail/ny...endo-co-right-listens-to-nyhetsfoto/507973796

The news conference ought to be held after the market closes (03:15 PM JST I believe) anyway.

Thanks for the clarification and all of the info as always. ☺ I'm very much looking forward to this Wednesday (here in America).

AdanVC

So can we finally begin getting hyped about Nintendo starting tomorrow? It's been a while since the last time I feel genuinely hyped for something Nintendo related... Everything since the last E3 has been pure dissapointment and "that's cool I guess" feelings at most. And the fake leaks and tons of rumors about NX doesn't help at all to ease the wait. Plus, it's normally at the end of April/early May when they announce their plans for E3 so let's freaking hope they can turn things around for once this time.

TheJoRu

I doubt it'd be a disaster for sure, but it's a big risk since Sony is definitely going to be announcing a new PS4 and Microsoft might jump out with a new Xbox too.

Definitely? I for one am not so sure that Sony will want to announce a new PS4 so far in advance when it will so clearly affect sales of the original.

maxcriden

I hope we at least get an announcement of an announcement this week. If we don't then I think they're just going to withhold information until E3 this year, which I think is a bad move since they could very well get overshadowed at E3 as others have stated.

I'm hoping for the same, but I don't think lack of such information this week would preclude a formal HW announcement or reveal, or even announcement of an announcement, happening before E3.

Overshadowed? No. I would say not enough time to explain wtf they are doing. Unless of course the NX is just a PS4 that plays Nintendo games.

If the premise is anything too complicated, I'd be concerned that we're looking at another Wii U situation where the appeal of the system (and given the name, the fact that it's own own system) isn't easily conveyed.

Definitely? I for one am not so sure that Sony will want to announce a new PS4 so far in advance when it will so clearly affect sales of the original.

Don't the rumours suggest March 2017 for PS4K, and a price cut for the standard? I'd imagine the latter would help create plenty of impulse buys for those on the fence, and enthusiasts waiting for the 4K would still be paying them in the end. If I had to guess.

And allegedly, if all games from October onward have to support the Neo, then that leaves minimal time for announcement. Gamescom might be too close and TGS might be perceived as not global enough.

Honestly though the main reason is because there's just so many leaks around the PS4Neo that something tells me an announcement is coming soon. Look at how it's dominating so many conversations despite not even being announced. They can't keep it secret forever - most of us already know about it.

I guess maybe the better way of saying is I'll be surprised if it's not at E3.

-Horizon-

So can we finally begin getting hyped about Nintendo starting tomorrow? It's been a while since the last time I feel genuinely hyped for something Nintendo related... Everything since the last E3 has been pure dissapointment and "that's cool I guess" feelings at most. And the fake leaks and tons of rumors about NX doesn't help at all to ease the wait. Plus, it's normally at the end of April/early May when they announce their plans for E3 so let's freaking hope they can turn things around for once this time.

Why tomorrow? I thought it was wednesday.

GamerJM

Banned
I think you guys are seriously exaggerating how much of a "mistake" it would be to reveal the thing at E3.

It wouldn't be that big of a mistake, but it depends on what exactly they do at E3.

For example, them waiting until E3 and then having a mediocre Direct announcing it (not even a bad one like last year or E3 2012, just meh and not up to snuff with E3 2004, 2006, 2010, or 2014) would be a disaster IMO. They'd get hella overshadowed and it would set the stage for a very poor launch. I can't emphasize how important I think it is for Nintendo to make a lot of noise outside of their own bubble of fans and enthusiasts. This would be somewhat of a problem no matter what, IMO, but not doing anything prior to E3 would exacerbate it.

I'm hoping for the same, but I don't think lack of such information this week would preclude a formal HW announcement or reveal, or even announcement of an announcement, happening before E3.

Oh, I don't think so either, I just think once that happens it becomes easily the most likely outcome. We would have gone four months into 2016 without Nintendo announcing a lick about the NX. The more time goes on the more likely it seems that they'll wait until E3 or a pre-E3 show (like, "pre-E3," as in the days leading up to E3). But yeah, a NX announcement sometime in May on short notice is a definite possibility as well.

MuchoMalo

Banned

Revealing before E3 also allows third-parties to announce their games for it. Nintendo has one of the last press conferences, and missing that initial reveal hype will cause a lot of people to think that it's just not getting the new CoD or Titanfall or Destiny or whatever, even if it is.

AniHawk

It wouldn't be that big of a mistake, but it depends on what exactly they do at E3.

For example, them waiting until E3 and then having a mediocre Direct announcing it (not even a bad one like last year or E3 2012, just meh and not up to snuff with E3 2004, 2006, 2010, or 2014) would be a disaster IMO. They'd get hella overshadowed and it would set the stage for a very poor launch. I can't emphasize how important I think it is for Nintendo to make a lot of noise outside of their own bubble of fans and enthusiasts.

i think they need to get all the controversial stuff out of the way ahead of time. they were wise to do this with the wii remote and the name of the platform. no one liked either at first, but it was gradually accepted until e3 hit and we had our first look at upcoming games.

it's probably a good idea that they announce what the thing's going to be called so they don't have reggie sounding like a drunk explaining his fever dream up on stage with how the name of the device relates to its central feature.

A major problem with Wii U was the messaging and people thinking it was a Super Wii or just an addon. They can't do that during a time when the other two are straight-up revealing Super Consoles.

I guess Nintendo could maybe save things if they go last at E3 and are all, "While everyone else is releasing new versions of their old consoles, we've got a new console AND handheld! For cheaper!"

It's all risky though regardless of what happens, which I guess is part of why we're antsy.

I don't really see how it's risky to wait. I get that Sony might show PS4K at E3, and Microsoft might potentially have a new console as well, but I don't really see how revealing their system earlier will "save" them from the other two. If their product is good enough, then it really shouldn't matter when they do it. It matters more what they present and how they present it than when.

For example, them waiting until E3 and then having a mediocre Direct announcing it (not even a bad one like last year or E3 2012, just meh and not up to snuff with E3 2004, 2006, 2010, or 2014) would be a disaster IMO. They'd get hella overshadowed and it would set the stage for a very poor launch. I can't emphasize how important I think it is for Nintendo to make a lot of noise outside of their own bubble of fans and enthusiasts. This would be somewhat of a problem no matter what, IMO, but not doing anything prior to E3 would exacerbate it.

Well, yeah, if they reveal it poorly, it would be bad whether it happened at E3 or prior. I mean, I want them to have their own event beforehand as well, but that only because I just want to know about the damn thing. I'm sure there are real benefits to revealing NX earlier, but I just doubt it's as bad as other people are saying if they decide to wait. It's not like having a show prior to E3 will suddenly make their E3 better, either. I keep seeing the sentiment "they should reveal the system before, then have E3 be all about the games." But I also heard the same thing when we had a pre-E3 Direct showing off Miiverse and the improved GamePad, and we still remember how E3 2012 was all about the games.

Revealing before E3 also allows third-parties to announce their games for it. Nintendo has one of the last press conferences, and missing that initial reveal hype will cause a lot of people to think that it's just not getting the new CoD or Titanfall or Destiny or whatever, even if it is.

This is a good point. Like I said, I'm sure there are many benefits to revealing the system NX prior to E3.

TheJoRu

Don't the rumours suggest March 2017 for PS4K, and a price cut for the standard? I'd imagine the latter would help create plenty of impulse buys for those on the fence, and enthusiasts waiting for the 4K would still be paying them in the end. If I had to guess.

And allegedly, if all games from October onward have to support the Neo, then that leaves minimal time for announcement. Gamescom might be too close and TGS might be perceived as not global enough.

Honestly though the main reason is because there's just so many leaks around the PS4Neo that something tells me an announcement is coming soon. Look at how it's dominating so many conversations despite not even being announced. They can't keep it secret forever - most of us already know about it.

I guess maybe the better way of saying is I'll be surprised if it's not at E3.

To be honest I'm torn on the matter. It depends a bit on how they position the device; if they go all in on it and say "this is the Playstation 4 you want" or if it's "hey, here's another version of PS4". Also, very much of course when it's being released. If it's an October-release alongside PSVR, then maybe I'd lean towards reveal at E3. If it's 2017 then I don't know what the hell they are doing revealing it that early when they aren't even selling it holiday 2016, price drop on OG PS4 or not.

So yeah, my stance is that if it's a product for this year and they position it right then they'll be fine. But if it's 2017 then these leaks will hurt them, and even more so if they nonsensically reveal it at this year's E3.

They don't even have to reveal anything particularly specific, just throw out a name/logo and year of release and that will be enough for third-parties to be able to say their game is coming to NX.

They have to at least release the official name next week but it'd be nice for both investors and fans alike if they at least revealed what the console and controller look like maybe with some brief game footage in a special mini Direct. Saving the official reveal until E3 doesn't seem like a good idea, better to get a ton of buzz started over a month before the E3 circus. Plus you'd think investors would want more to go on for investing in Nintendo's now flatlined home market considering simply unveiling the name and "we'll be announcing more info" isn't much better than when Iwata tried to placate them during the mobile announcement In any case, maybe Emily Rogers' sources will start hinting at an announcement soon. ;)

MuchoMalo

Banned
They don't even have to reveal anything particularly specific, just throw out a name/logo and year of release and that will be enough for third-parties to be able to say their game is coming to NX.

Yeah, and I'm hoping that they show those this week. It's the smart thing to do. This year's CoD should be announced very soon.

They have to at least release the official name next week but it'd be nice for both investors and fans alike if they at least revealed what the console and controller look like maybe with some brief game footage in a special mini Direct. Saving the official reveal until E3 doesn't seem like a good idea, better to get a ton of buzz started over a month before the E3 circus. Plus you'd think investors would want more to go on for investing in Nintendo's now flatlined home market considering simply unveiling the name and "we'll be announcing more info" isn't much better than when Iwata tried to placate them during the mobile announcement In any case, maybe Emily Rogers' sources will start hinting at an announcement soon. ;)

10k insists that third-party announcements will begin this week if you believe him still.

Oh, that reminds me. Since it's too late to announce a Direct for this month, I guess that "verified" reddit user was a fake after all.

maxcriden

They can make time. They could have a more hardware focused-E3 and then dive more into software in post-E3 Directs if need be.

I think fear of being overshadowed is a huge possibility, when PS4 Neo, Xbox 1.5, and VR are going to be the big stories. Nintendo cannot exist in their own bubble where what they do only matters to Nintendo fans; they need to somehow make a spectacle (not talking about "spectacle," in terms of Live E3 Presentations, they can do this via Directs as well as long as the news gets out there) that echoes throughout the entire industry.

I totally see where you're coming from and I do have similar concerns. I'll say though that I think saving software for post-E3 Directs would he a big mistake. Everyone will be like, at best, OK cool, NX looks awesome, bit why didn't they reveal the games?

I kind of did. The timing of the release of SF0 and the shareholder meeting seemed too conspicuous not to indicate a direct in between. But it's too late now, they should have had a timer up, and they don't. They could do a stealth pdf file but that would be even more damaging. So I'm thinking, maybe even hoping, they're going to tell the shareholders to 'please understand' and then reveal at or close to E3.

I don't expect a PDF would be terribly stealthy or damaging at this point. It's Nintendo's MO for this kind of announcement and it could be done with no harm of it helps to build hype and gives us a sense of when to expect more info. I think there's a good chance they'll go this route and that if they do, we'll get a name at most but possibly just the reveal date.

Best case scenario:

That scenario's not too bad, I think. I'd like to see the reveal sooner, selfishly, but I think if the full reveal is at E3 they could pull that off, but with the biggest concern to me being that as others have said if there's no NX announcement before E3 Nintendo likely wouldn't allow third parties to announce their games for the system yet, which is a problem. Provided there are significant third party games coming to NX, but I suspect at least from JP devs there will be. So that leads me to think it's likelier we at least get an NX HW reveal possibly still before E3, because... hm. I'm not sure Nintendo will even go for third parties announcing their games before Nintendo does. So I wonder if that would mean they'd ask those companies to wait till after Nintendo's E3 show to announce their own games for the system. Like even if they've already done the HW reveal at that point bit not revealed any games, if it might lead them to not allowing third parties to be the first to reveal games for NX before Nintendo even does.

Maybe we're looking at Nintendo having an earlier E3 event than normal this year, then. Or maybe Nintendo announces even one game when they reveal E3.

I think what I heard earlier in this (?) thread of a pre-E3 direct at some point in May or so focusing on the remaining Wii U and 3DS games is a great idea. That gets things out of the way so E3 can be all about NX games. But the system itself, that definitely has to be acknowledged in some way before E3 - a live event with a livestream or associated Direct would be cool, but I guess they'd need to start hurrying up about contacting the press and all that.

Also I'm expecting/hoping for another Mega64 video to announce their E3 plans.

I completely agree about the need for a pre-E3 Direct focusing on remaining Wii U/3DS games, though I'm unsure as to whether there are any major ones to be announced. Perhaps Paper Mario will get its own little E3 trailer when Nintendo releases its smaller E3 trailers...and Pokémon will likely get its own separate reveal.sometime before E3. So of stuff like N-Stars* and BOXBOY! 2 and Picross 3D ends up being revealed via, say, press release, I could see them forgoing the mini-Direct entirely. It'll just depend on where their resources and focus is I suppose.

*perhaps this game, if truly an amiibo party game, will be cross-platform and could come to NX as well. Or at least Wii U, as has been speculated I believe.

As to revealing the HW before E3, I'm not convinced they'll give us more than the name at most. But I sure hope so. I wanna see NX. Today!

I expect Nintendo to reveal the name of the console before E3. That might happen next week or as late as the week before E3. Simply because Nintendo usually have their E3 pressconference/direct after everyone else and I am sure there are some third parties that wants to announce their game for NX at their own pressconference at least.

Every other detail about NX, I expect to be revealed at E3. That´s my expectation, hope I am wrong and we get something before E3.

Having said that, I think there is a slight chance we might get some info before E3. Nintendo usually unveils their home console in 2 steps(read 2 E3s) before release. This time is different. Nintendo is going to only have one E3 and then release a new home console.
We don´t know anything about NX. They are going to need to explain the concept, the gimmick, online, etc. plus show us software for it, the games coming for 3DS and what´s left for Wii U. There is also the potential for NX handheld news at E3 as well. There seems to be a lot of info to be told. They could get concept stuff out of the way before E3 and concentrate on games, games, games for E3.

Just wanted to say I totally agree with this and hope it is what happens.

"it's been a while since you've been geniovenly hyped for something Nintendo related." C'mon Adan, mon frere. You think it's ok to just go on the internet... and tell lies?

Why tomorrow? I thought it was wednesday.

Adam's got the right idea. When operating a hype train, you want to make sure it's ready to go and starting a gentle chug by the time it needs to be racing along the train tracks. 🚂

Oh, I don't think so either, I just think once that happens it becomes easily the most likely outcome. We would have gone four months into 2016 without Nintendo announcing a lick about the NX. The more time goes on the more likely it seems that they'll wait until E3 or a pre-E3 show (like, "pre-E3," as in the days leading up to E3). But yeah, a NX announcement sometime in May on short notice is a definite possibility as well.

*salute* well said. I agree with all of this. I truly hope Nintendo learns from last year's E3 how much the hype cycle can work for or against them. Honestly even a 15 second Zelda traster at the end instead of the Mario montage...less time on Skylanders (that segment went on surprisingly long IIRC, and I think they should've let Activision out it in their own show instead)...and revealing Fed Force in that pre-E3 Mini Direct, swapping it for Chibi Robo or something if they needed to, would have gone over a bit better with fans. Sigh. I really liked the Henson puppets a ton, though, and Paper Jam was a delightful surprise to me. Just wish poor Iwata-san's last E3 apology fiasco didn't have to happen. I'm hopeful the NX reveal will do him proud, though.

I touched on this above, but in a nutshell, I totally agree and have similar concerns. I do hope Nintendo is getting some good support this time around, though I personally think strategic co-produced games and exclusives might be a better bet than some of the multiplat games.

i think they need to get all the controversial stuff out of the way ahead of time. they were wise to do this with the wii remote and the name of the platform. no one liked either at first, but it was gradually accepted until e3 hit and we had our first look at upcoming games.

it's probably a good idea that they announce what the thing's going to be called so they don't have reggie sounding like a drunk explaining his fever dream up on stage with how the name of the device relates to its central feature.

Link to Reggie's drunk fever dream? Unsure if I've witnessed one of those...

I agree with you. If NX has a new concept, get some clear messaging out about it well before the E3 show. If the gimmick is not one easily understood, as I said above I'm concerned Wed have another Wii U situation. If it's much more easily understood when you see a game with it, show off one game at a HW and.or controller reveal.

True. But well maybe tomorrow or tuesday NOA can reveal their plans for E3 as well. Maybe. Maybe not :(

Adan is transforming into an overly rational person. 😢 No! I'm pressing B.

:p

My guess is they will go third-pillar-but-this-time-we-really-mean-it.

That would require more Wii U games beyond this year, though. No? In which case, why bother? But if you mean a pillar of replacing Wii U and saying they're not really replacing 3DS but actually replacing it when it comes down to it, that I could see. ☺

Pokemaniac

Yeah, and I'm hoping that they show those this week. It's the smart thing to do. This year's CoD should be announced very soon.

10k insists that third-party announcements will begin this week if you believe him still.

Oh, that reminds me. Since it's too late to announce a Direct for this month, I guess that "verified" reddit user was a fake after all.

The turnaround between announcement and the Direct happening is usually like 24-48 hours or so. There could definitely still be one this month.

Now that Star Fox Zero is out, I really do think NX news could drop at any time. There's nothing major left for Nintendo to promote on Wii U.

TheJoRu

I still don't get what he's trying to convey here. "Yes, it will still be right for all of us. But could it also be right just for you?" Like, what does that even mean? If you're talking about games evolving according to you as a person and how you play, then it'd sort of make sense. But nothing of that comes through in anything they show afterwards, and 3,5 years of Wii U later I still don't get what that "U" symbolizes that is in any way relevant to what we've gotten with the system. I guess it's slightly more personal than Wii, since you create your own profile and have stuff like Miiverse, but from a broader perspective it's not a particularly personal system at all. There's very little in terms of customization or letting your personality shape your experience; even 3DS has themes and other things to make it more your own.

MuchoMalo

Banned
The turnaround between announcement and the Direct happening is usually like 24-48 hours or so. There could definitely still be one this month.

I don't think there would be so little time for such an important Direct. There alo wouldn't be enough time for it before the inverstor's meeting at this point.

Christ, I forgot how bad that was! They didn't even use the word console! They need to drop this "a console is just a box" mentality or the same thing will happen again. And the first game they show looks like a Wii game, and they show it next to a Wiimote. What were they thinking?

Pokemaniac

I don't think there would be so little time for such an important Direct. There alo wouldn't be enough time for it before the inverstor's meeting at this point.

I don't really see why a longer turnaround time would be necessary.

Also, the investor briefing is Thursday in Japan. There is definitely time for a Direct before that.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Any links on where he says this?

It's on his twitter, along with some "leaks from an NoA employee." His name is tenkay23.

I don't really see why a longer turnaround time would be necessary.

Also, the investor briefing is Thursday in Japan. There is definitely time for a Direct before that.

It's already Monday morning in Japan. I don't think they'd want it later than Wednesday, so it would have to be announced within a few hours.

Can you link to the tweet? I don't see it on twitter.

Technically not, they could announce it on Tuesday or Wednesday and air it on the following day and it'd still be this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom