• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Review Thread

Ogawa-san

Breaking my "don't buy stuff at launch" rule for this, preordered and ready.

Now off to find something to do until the 7th :(

Hanmik

So any of them mention new enemies we haven't seen?
I'm noticing people find the bosses too hard....which is a strange negative.

There are lots of different enemies.. and there is a "bestiary" where you can watch a 3d model of them, and read about them. You can even unlock more info on them, when you beat a certain amount of them. This includes the Bosses..

I struggled with one of the earlier bosses .. but once I beat it, I realized that it in fact was a mid game boss. lol.. soon after another player joined me, and we actually ran through the rest of the level. The real boss was a cake walk with a partner..

Mesharey

Expected these reviews but nice to see them, Team NINJA is back, since the release of DoA5 but Nioh confirms it.

Day 1!

UrbanRats

Team Ninja actually make a good game and of course it's an exclusive.

If the next Ninja Gaiden is exclusive too then I'll scream.

Pity I'll never get to play Samurai souls Gaiden :(

This has really little to nothing of Ninja Gaiden, aside from the ninja/samurai overtones.
Unless the gameplay is completely different from the BETA.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good shit, good shit.

Hanmik

Is it harder or easier than bloodborne?

Loved bloodborne but the difficulty almost made me hate it. :p

For me it feels just as hard as bloodborne (I have platinumed that game, but found it quite hard).

One thing though.. when you have an online partner, the game feels a lot easier.

Novocaine

Glad to see it getting positive reviews. It didn't click with me during the alpha/beta but I will be giving it a try later down the track when I need something new

SuperSah

Banned
I've only seen a couple of videos just now since I didn't know this existed until it.

It looks like a budget like Souls clone. What am I missing??3

Hanmik

Oh balls fml, BB is the hardest of the Souls.

again that was for me, some find BB to be the easiest of the soulsborne games.. and another thing.. I am 41 years old, that does make a difference when it comes to action games like these. ;o)

BigEmil

For me it feels just as hard as bloodborne (I have platinumed that game, but found it quite hard).

One thing though.. when you have an online partner, the game feels a lot easier.
Yeah I think they need to balance or tone down Co-op help abit. Co-op help is too OP sometimes from what I tried and seen in the beta's

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
I've only seen a couple of videos just now since I didn't know this existed until it.

There are 3 demos and you all missed!

Milijango

Diablo-style loot, samurai aesthetic (though it still has a western protagonist), less weapon variety but more mechanics to control attack animations in the form of high, low, and mid stances. You can rally back stamina. Mission-based, not interconnected world.

John Wick

Even though I'm just focusing on tech coverage of the game, I want to chime in and say that I absolutely love it. Just an incredible game. The best thing Team Ninja has made in a very long time. An absolute return to the greatness of Ninja Gaiden in my book.

Can't wait for the tech analysis.
Looks like Sony are on fcuking roll with the games. All have been 80+ I believe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCY4-OYo8yA

The Playstation 4 Pro version of the Nioh Last Chance Trial uses different native resolutions depending on which game mode is chosen. Movie mode uses a dynamic resolution with resolutions switching between 2560x1440, approximately 3330x1880 and 3840x2160. Action mode uses a dynamic resolution with resolutions switching between 1280x720, 1665x940 and 1920x1080. Movie mode appears to run at a higher resolution on average than Movie (variable) mode (http://imgur.com/a/wZSLx).

PR_rambo

Banned
What a fantastic start for Japanese games this year, everything reviewing so well. And kudos to Sony for bringing some of it over.

Top Bottom