• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NLG job posting: unreal + ARM = NX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still in the camp of no news tomorrow, but I did want to play devil's advocate for a minute:

Perhaps during Nintendo's Wii U post-mortem, they realized that their communication strategy to their retail partners was very poor. Basically if their own partners couldn't adequately articulate the positioning of this console then surely customers would also be lost. Thus, part of the reveal strategy is to ensure that any/all retail partners understand the broad messaging associated with Nintendo NX -> which brings us to the GameStop conference (which is already part of Nintendo of America's rhythm of business) as an ideal location to have this discussion.

disclaimer: this is me reaching into the managerial strategy behind such a reveal; I still do not believe that anything outside of an anticipated reveal date will happen tomorrow

ricard0388

Neo Member
Capture.jpg

FelipeMGM

"master troll"

The only reason people believed it is because he's in the industry. It's not like some smart elaborate trick, just leveraging your name to fool people who trust you. Blah. It's like if IGN tweeted "NX news coming shortly" and followed with "lol jk". How clever.

It'd be funnier if something did happen tomorrow
:)

Yep, then it sure would be a legendary move

Malus

OK I realize it might not be substantial but you left out the part where Jose asked Peer and Brain to 'compile all the info that's out in the world next week to determine what NX is' (paraphrasing)

;)

That's what I meant by "things" lol. It's really hardly worth calling a hint.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Guys, perhaps the discussion should move on from twitter people considering that's how the last thread was locked.

Regarding the topic of the thread, does NLG work on mobile games often? That could definitely explain the Unreal and ARM qualifications as well.
NLG haven't produced a single mobile game. Fact is, they have made only two HH games all in all (and, boy, some games those are!)

Retrobox

To be honest, if I had inside infos about an upcoming event, I would also make people go apeshit with vague statements and then pretend to really know nothing, only for people to drop their guards and be EVEN more surprised when something does happen in the end.

This must be part of his scheme!

udivision

Now he's saying forum-goers were threatening him if there happened to be no reveal, and that's why he deleted his tweets.

Surprise.

To be honest, if I had inside infos about an upcoming event, I would also make people go apeshit with vague statements and then pretend to really know nothing, only for people to drop their guards and be EVEN more surprised when something does happen in the end.

This must be part of his scheme!
you are on to something. Keep going!! May the Nintendo force be with you!

blu

They only released two games in the last five years despite releasing 9 in the five years before that... Did they downsize when they went Nintendo exclusive?
No idea, but rumor has it they've had a bigger project going for a long while.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Grade A troll. Well done, Kevin.

So let me get this straight: here's a person who consciously hyped an audience about a product reveal and is now upset that the audience became hyped at a product reveal?

Maybe stop linking the guy's tweets. We already got one thread closed because of that today.

I think that was the NWplayer tweets, not Kevin's, which got that thread locked. I think a lot of people in both threads got the two confused (not surprisingly).

Back on topic, what exactly was the basis of the rumor that NLG was working on a separate Wii U title? Was that just one of the hopeful Diddy Kong Racing rumors which seemed more like wishful thinking than actual inside info? Or something else?

People have just driven themselves crazy with anticipation for a reveal, or at least a reveal date.

Whatever Pereira did subsequently, regardless of whether it was a good idea (probably not) or funny (I thought it was, fwiw), this started with Nintendo fans grasping at straws, by reading imminent NX news into a series of Snapchats that made no mention of NX, about a venue whose nature made any NX news highly unlikely.

Some of you are just doing this to yourselves.

Malus

I think that was the NWplayer tweets, not Kevin's, which got that thread locked. I think a lot of people in both threads got the two confused (not surprisingly).

Back on topic, what exactly was the basis of the rumor that NLG was working on a separate Wii U title? Was that just one of the hopeful Diddy Kong Racing rumors which seemed more like wishful thinking than actual inside info? Or something else?

Tamaki/Doctor Cupcakes said they were working on another game and speculated a move to NX. There was also I think ShikamaruNinja (might've been a different insider) who said they were gearing up for a project and it likely wasn't Federation Force.

People have just driven themselves crazy with anticipation for a reveal, or at least a reveal date.

Whatever Pereira did subsequently, regardless of whether it was a good idea (probably not) or funny (I thought it was, fwiw), this started with Nintendo fans grasping at straws, by reading imminent NX news into a series of Snapchats that made no mention of NX, about a venue whose nature made any NX news highly unlikely.

I hate this fan blaming stuff. When someone credible says something I listen to them, until given reason not to. Some people have been doing a good job of giving those reasons lately.

One guy jumped the gun with his thread title and a bunch of people including myself called him out on it

There was already tons of baseless speculation about Pereira teasing an NX reveal on Snapchat before he commented on said speculation at all. Granted, he probably should have just said "no NX news coming from this, simmer down, boys" instead of using Twitter to pour gasoline on the flames, but he didn't start this.

Who cares who started it?

So let me get this straight: here's a person who consciously hyped an audience about a product reveal and is now upset that the audience became hyped at a product reveal?

There was already tons of baseless speculation about Pereira teasing an NX reveal on Snapchat before he commented on said speculation at all. Granted, he probably should have just said "no NX news coming from this, simmer down, boys" instead of using Twitter to pour gasoline on the flames, but he didn't start this.

The_Lump

Banned

No I'm saying just discussing tweets about nothing is going to get the thread locked. The guy was trolling, we should probably move on. And now I'm contributing 😕

And you come and try to diffuse it everytime.. sound like you getting tired too lol

blu

I *did* say modern.

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You did say modern, but you missed the entire point of this thread. Congratulations.

This is nothing. Well, the Unreal part, anyway.
Do you believe this thread was meant to hail ninteno's adoption of an industry-wide engine, given last two nintendo consoles were running prev iterations of the same engine?

Let me spell it out for you:

The information in the OP is the first bit of hard info we have re the NX, namely that NLG - a nintendo 2nd-party studio, is working on an PBR, possibly Unreal-based pipeline for an ARM device. That bit also corroborates what Eurogamer and NateDrake shared earlier as anonymous leaks/rumors. Only that this time it's not a rumour or an anonymous leak.

Are we clear now?

When someone credible says something I listen to them, until given reason not to.

There was really nothing credible about his "teases," though. If NX were actually being shown at GameStop Expo, he'd be under an incredibly strict NDA that would surely preclude that.

And you come and try to diffuse it everytime.. sound like you getting tired too lol

Oh, believe me, I won't deny that. :p

Like I said Nintendo is not going to reveal NX just like that even if it was some small reveal thing. They're going to let everybody know with a full announcement.

Malus

There was really nothing credible about his "teases," though. If NX were actually being shown at GameStop Expo, he'd be under an incredibly strict NDA that would surely preclude that.

I don't know nothin about what an NDA would or wouldn't preclude lol. Most people don't and they shouldn't be expected to know. I'm not ruling out any possibilities.

I'm not super upset about this. I enjoy a good hype train, and was fully expecting to be disappointed in the end regardless of what some of my toungue-in-cheek posts sounded like. I just think that this is a really dumb, pointless joke to play. Any journalist, website, publication, or trusted insider could do this. OsirisBlack could come here, post "NX is heating up ;)" and just troll the crap out of us. What's the point? If they wanna make me feel sorry for trusting their word, go for it I guess.

The information in the OP is the first bit of hard info we have re the NX, namely that NLG - a nintendo 2nd-party studio, is working on an PBR, possibly Unreal-based pipeline for an ARM device. That bit also corroborates what Eurogamer and NateDrake shared earlier as anonymous leaks/rumors. Only that this time it's not a rumour or an anonymous leak.

Are we clear now?

This is all pretty interesting. I just desparately wanna believe they have something up their sleeve other than Federation Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom