• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky and Starfield Starfield Starfield comparison

Currently Starfield looks like No Mans Sky, Quacks like No Mans Sky and Walks like No Mans Sky.

Where did you see Fallout in the game?
IcwDQLR.gif

Karak

This is an actual legit question to ask. Doesn't mean the answer is yes.
Enjoyable video to do as well. I posted it a couple of days ago and didn't worry too much about putting No mans Sky into the title versus the real question I got asked. Which to me personally answers the OTHER question as well.

Fun video to do and talking to devs to do it is always one of my favorite things.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Thats a straigh lie considering release of Skyrim(main game people are using to explain Starfield) and Fallout. Both still broken games nowadays. Unless you guys are using blinders or pretending these games aren't glitchfest on purpose. Hopefully is different this time, but track record is against them(and you).
Broken games? what a trash post. you know exactly what you're doing.
most polished Bethesda game that I have played to this day, IMHO.

I own Skyrim too on 360, PS4, PS5, Switch and even though it's far from a perfect polished game, it's not a broken game by any means.
Sounds like he doesn't want to be taken seriously.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Can someone please post a Callisto Protocol with Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space comparison?
But that game is being developed by one of creators of Dead Space, same way Darks Souls was similar to Demons Souls even tho they are different IP.

Pallas

i think so too, I think it was rather ill-placed.

I also wish they had gone with some sort of laser combat, phase cannon, and gamma-ray technology instead of the machine gun + shotgun combo.
I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but that scene where the guy is back outside of the facility in that fire fight(where the ship is landing) his weapon looks like a laser weapon of some sorts? I don’t think it’ll just be kinetic projectile weapons.

Which brings me to my next point, I haven’t seen anything or any post ask about melee combat.

sircaw

Banned
I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but that scene where the guy is back outside of the facility in that fire fight(where the ship is landing) his weapon looks like a laser weapon of some sorts? I don’t think it’ll just be kinetic projectile weapons.

Which brings me to my next point, I haven’t seen anything or any post ask about melee combat.
that's a good point, I am not sure what or how they are going to implement it, perhaps one of the planets you explore will have primitive lifeforms on it, enabling you to find/equip a variety of melee weapons, clubs, daggers etc.

It's hard to imagine wanting to use something so primitive when surely you have an arsenal of futuristic weapons back on your billion-dollar ship.

At the same time, surely melee just has to be in the game,

You hit Martian crustacean for 33 golf club damage.

Upgrade path

Do you want to pay 500 credits to upgrade Golf-putter to Driver? :messenger_grinning:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

that's a good point, I am not sure what or how they are going to implement it, perhaps one of the planets you explore will have primitive lifeforms on it, enabling you to find/equip a variety of melee weapons, clubs, daggers etc.

It's hard to imagine wanting to use something so primitive when surely you have an arsenal of futuristic weapons back on your billion-dollar ship.

At the same time, surely melee just has to be in the game,

You hit Martian crustacean for 33 golf club damage.

Upgrade path

Do you want to pay 500 credits to upgrade Golf-putter to Driver? :messenger_grinning:

They could have some advanced melee weapons like the Gravity Hammer in Halo. It's one of my favorite weapons for mowing down hordes of grunts or a single Brute Chieftan with a single whack.

sircaw

Banned
They could have some advanced melee weapons like the Gravity Hammer in Halo. It's one of my favorite weapons for mowing down hordes of grunts or a single Brute Chieftan with a single whack.
yep, that could work, i imagine there will be a lot of futuristic mining equipment that could be used too, its going to be interested to see what they come up with.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

No Man's Skyrim. Fallout 4 in Space. Starfield. New game from Todd, new promises. This time Bethesda is making the biggest game they ever made, and the director Todd Howard promises us 1000 planets all open for exploration. But will he deliver? And why this game looks like No Man's Sky? Did they get outmatched in technology by the indie game made by Sean Murray? Lets see what Todd promised us in the past and promises in the future and how it compares to Sean Murray's procedural masterpiece.

Reficul

I don't really care about the NMS comparison. I enjoyed that game and if Starfield borrows some of the mechanics so be it.
I want to know about the size of the "story worlds". Will they be the size of Fallout 4's world or will they be more "compressed"?
How many story planets are there? 10? 20? More?
It would be cool if they are as big and fun to explore as the previous games.

Anyone with more information to fill me in?

Warablo

Based on the trailer and perks (laser and melee perks). We know laser weapons are in the game and melee weapons. There is even heavy and explosive weapon perks. So who knows what type of crazy heavy weapons there could be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom