• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

I may be in the same spot soon. If I didn't already have a farm I would anchor one of my points with a base. Preferably in a wealthy system for Resonator flipping.

Speaking of I think I'm going to be pretty happy with farm+resonator flipping for money. I don't min/max either so I can keep doing other stuff. I can fill up one hauler with Resonators and sell off the entire load every time I get to a new system without worrying about price. While I do that I'll slowly fill up another hauler with explosives. Win/win.
Yeah I think it has pretty good synergies with farming -- trade Dynamic Resonators while Living Glass grows, and it also let's you sell Living Glass at the same time (inventory cargo) in constantly new star systems.

I've been using a system that sells 159 quantity which was the highest I had seen for a few days, but yesterday I found one that was 167 and this morning I found one that has 178 Dynamic Resonators.

I don't think Conflict Level or Economy Type matter...of the >150 DR systems, 2 were Trade but 1 was Mining; 1 was Low Conflict and 2 were High Conflict. The 'descriptor' for High Wealth I don't think matters, either. I thought maybe because one was called "High Supply" maybe that's why it had 159 DRs, but I found another High Supply with just 85 DRs. The one with 178s was "Prosperous." I did find most were Korvax but I'm guessing based on the other findings, species is also just coincidence, and that species, Economy, Conflict, or High Wealth 'descriptor don't really matter -- just as long as it's High Wealth.

Anyhow, I've been practicing it a bit more, and I think if you find a system with at least 175 Dynamic Resonators and maybe a better profit margin (e.g. buy at 6400 instead of 6700), and also find a way to farm/sell some Living Glass/Liquid Explosives at the same time (one run I offloaded 30 Living Glass in a system that was offering 720,000 each and I made like 30 million from the LG and 5 million form the DRs haha) --- that if you can really max out your efficiency and making do farming/trading at the same time, maybe I can get Dynamic Resonator crash/buy/sell up to over 60,000,000 units an hour

Anything >40,000,000 profit an hour and I wonder if HG will change it when farming -- which does require much bigger initial investment -- usually makes 15-30 million an hour.

On that note, if anyone here hasn't tried it yet, I kinda fixed the audio in my video explaination for it :\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xni0Dpi-TyE

Pretty scaleable from anywhere from probably 10 million to 50 million an hour, depending how much you can afford to crash Dynamic Resonator prices and how much starship storage you have. Hopefully only GAF knows about it haha and HG don't fix it because it's nice to have a serious alternative to farming.

And to be fair, when Freighters start at 50 million, and go up over 300, it's kinda not really that poorly balanced to be able to buy what's a pretty darn important gameplay mechanic (multiple ship storage) in few hours of farming. Without Dynamic Resonator flipping or Living Glass/Liquid Explosive, Freighter prices or S class Hauler prices are insane for a non-MMO game lol (though maybe that's the intention -- they want to establish an MMO esque economy as the game becomes 'more online).

Mindlog

All that information about what to expect with certain economy types is priceless. Feels like there's a lot of room for HG to expand in there. Should be relatively easier to expand that depth compared to the other areas also being worked on.
Yeah I think it has pretty good synergies with farming -- trade Dynamic Resonators while Living Glass grows, and it also let's you sell Living Glass at the same time (inventory cargo) in constantly new star systems.

I've been using a system that sells 159 quantity which was the highest I had seen for a few days, but yesterday I found one that was 167 and this morning I found one that has 178 Dynamic Resonators.
One of the many great reasons to flip is that after your first system you can still make a profit while crashing others. Now with chain teleports you can even buy out the supply in two older systems to keep chaining down the line. The setup is very convenient. Thank you for sharing! You've been very helpful.

Good point on a patch potentially changing the economy. I will be sure to make my money while I can.

Semi-related: When you start buying Thamium for Warp Cells instead of your farm it is such a wonderful transition.

Very-related: Dang I hope X-4 is a return to form.

Good point on a patch potentially changing the economy. I will be sure to make my money while I can.

I'm quite sure they'll patch out the crashing-the-economy trick y'all are using, so use it while you can. HG have historically removed any exploit the community finds. (which is a tacit way of saying HG doesn't approve of people using these)

On another note, do traders actually sell Living Glass? Or is this a craft-only item?

As it stands, exotics are kinda underwhelming....

Looks really cool, and decent base stats, but it was $5M and 16 slots really makes it limited use.

Is this what they intended? To just have ships that look cool but aren't really that "exotic"?

Unicorn

Honestly economy is way too volatile and sensitive to just a single person conducting trade. Haha. I think once I get to 500mil in farming and have the ships and freighter I want I'll switch to a beauty planet and make my money from trading and scanning but get a mod that effects the economy sensitivity if by then the devs haven't done so themselves.

Also, I, uh, found an x-wing:

A631D2D523085ACD4A74780095DF7A271427C272

I know this question might've been answered but, is there a way to transfer items from exocrafts directly to the exosuit? I haven't seen the option or path to do it, just exocraft > ship > suit > containers.

I think you need to press the triangle button on an empty slot in your exosuit to access your exocraft directly.

Honestly economy is way too volatile and sensitive to just a single person conducting trade.

Yeah, seems like it. I don't have a clear sense of just how dynamic the economy is yet. It doesn't seem like individual ships have inventory that fluctuates. That used to be the case in 1.2, but I haven't noticed that in 1.3.

One thing that really annoys me is that the traders are rolling up to stations with 8000 units of Plutonium to sell. Like how in the hell are they carrying all that in their 23-slot ship? Having tons of resources for sale is a great improvement, but keep that reserved for trade terminals. The vision for this game started out as a living universe, where traders take actual trade routes and trade between outposts. But over time it seems like HG are just resorting to handwaving. Need fast travel? Okay sure, here's a teleporter that magically transports you and your ship somewhere, and please don't question why traders don't use this. And oh you want lots of resources to buy? Okay, we'll make every trader sell far more than they or you could actually carry.

Question for those most of the way through the story (Travellers/Awakening):
How far through the storyline am I if I've just gone through the Portal and been forced back to Atlas, leaving me looking for my ship on a random planet?

Trying to get a quick gauge of how far I am to temper expectations.

Unicorn

Yeah, seems like it. I don't have a clear sense of just how dynamic the economy is yet. It doesn't seem like individual ships have inventory that fluctuates. That used to be the case in 1.2, but I haven't noticed that in 1.3.

One thing that really annoys me is that the traders are rolling up to stations with 8000 units of Plutonium to sell. Like how in the hell are they carrying all that in their 23-slot ship? Having tons of resources for sale is a great improvement, but keep that reserved for trade terminals. The vision for this game started out as a living universe, where traders take actual trade routes and trade between outposts. But over time it seems like HG are just resorting to handwaving. Need fast travel? Okay sure, here's a teleporter that magically transports you and your ship somewhere, and please don't question why traders don't use this. And oh you want lots of resources to buy? Okay, we'll make every trader sell far more than they or you could actually carry.

Yeah, let the ships actually be individualized by class - meaning, I should be able to identify a hauler at a station and seek them out for high quantities. Fighters should not have huge inventory, and if they do, it should be plutonium/zinc/titanium as they would canonically need those for repairing in dog-fights. There is slight fluctuation to individual pilots in a system, especially compared to 1.2, but overall it's pretty system driven. System-of-origin style background on pilots would flesh that out as it would imply they are also interlopers.

I wish there were home planets for each of the races - maybe moon-sized tiny planets that can then use resources to build actual cities/towns to represent their homelands and build out their culture - one day, or never.

mokeyjoe

Looks really cool, and decent base stats, but it was $5M and 16 slots really makes it limited use.

Is this what they intended? To just have ships that look cool but aren't really that "exotic"?

They're just trophy ships for posing in.

When you want to get real work done you're going to back to your fugly 48 slot hauler.

Ah, fuck. Storyline character spoiler:
Stumbling across the grave, and then seeing Artemis was a punch to the gut. Perfect music for the scene. Realizing that you've been wandering the same planet that he was on is a really, really nice touch. Didn't expect these things from this game, so happy they're here.

Don't exotics have top-tier class bonuses in all categories, vs other ship types only having bonuses in one or two?

When you want to get real work done you're going to back to your fugly 48 slot hauler.

That's super bad game design if true. Esp when you consider that, unless you were prepared with a throwaway ship, there's no easy way to swap.

Don't exotics have top-tier class bonuses in all categories, vs other ship types only having bonuses in one or two?

Yeah but you could easily make most of that up with blueprints in a 40 slot hauler. And if you slot a bunch of blueprints in you lt S class, you will literally have room for no inventory

ParityBit

I am finally home and can play! I have no idea what to do ..... I just got the asked the question about freeform play or following the signal

Anyone else not had any luck with the "mash right on the d-pad while flying" method of finding crashed ships? Tried it a few times and never seem to find anything. Every time I eventually get a blip and get excited it's one in the sky or a trading platform.

How long does it usually take between finds for you guys? While slow boosting it fast? I assume fast but just checking.

belvedere

Junior Butler
The ๖ۜBronx;247050242 said:
Anyone else not had any luck with the "mash right on the d-pad while flying" method of finding crashed ships? Tried it a few time and never seem to find anything. Every time I eventually get a blip and get excited it's one in the sky or a trading platform.

How long does it usually take between finds for you guys? While slow boosting it fast?

Tried it last night and it worked amazing. Maybe I got lucky but there were crashed ships within 10 seconds of each other. I was finding them everywhere.

What I've noticed is that anytime buildings are common, so is everything else crashed ships included.

Tried it last night and it worked amazing. Maybe I got lucky but there were crashed ships within 10 seconds of each other. I was finding them everywhere.

What I've noticed is that anytime buildings are common, so is everything else crashed ships included.
Wow, that's crazy. I've spent a few minutes each time with no results. Will try for a planet with more buildings and see.

ZeroCoin

The ๖ۜBronx;247050242 said:
Anyone else not had any luck with the "mash right on the d-pad while flying" method of finding crashed ships? Tried it a few times and never seem to find anything. Every time I eventually get a blip and get excited it's one in the sky or a trading platform.

How long does it usually take between finds for you guys? While slow boosting it fast? I assume fast but just checking.

I've had streaks where as soon as I'm out of range of one ship I'll find another. Then I'll have times where I can go 10 minutes without finding a ship. It works, but sometimes you just won't get lucky.

More populated is key

Can someone experience explain why I care about my freighters hyperdrive upgrades? Can you warp your freighter somehow?

E: looks like you can warp from command deck? Why would I do that instead of just warping with my ship and then warping in the freighter?

CorianderV

Neo Member
Can someone experience explain why I care about my freighters hyperdrive upgrades? Can you warp your freighter somehow?

E: looks like you can warp from command deck? Why would I do that instead of just warping with my ship and then warping in the freighter?

Since the update, freighters with all the hyperdrive updates installed can warp longer distances than even S-class ships.

Unicorn

Massive ranges for getting to waypoints or the center of the galaxy faster.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Mission: Locate an individual. Dude wants a bribe of 3 microdensity fabrics. Fine, whatever. I construct them, and now he only wants a bribe of 50 tropheum no matter how many times I try the conversation. What an asshole.

Hi fellow NMS community, is there any way to easily find Space Anomalies?
I've been trying to figure that out myself. I remember it being so easy in version 1.0.

Nada and Polo mentioned they only show up on calm (no conflict) systems. If you happen to keep jumping to dangerous zones they will never popup again.
Is calm the actual state? I see a bunch of peaceful, tranquil or stable systems. Tried peaceful and nothing, although I'm exploring for a while since I saw somewhere that maybe Nada and Polo will show up after you've spent some time in the system.

Well, what do you know. Kept at it for awhile longer and one popped up! She's may not be as sleek as the others around here but she has 38 slots with 4 more free than I had with the starter. Also worth 41.6m more. Took awhile to find so happy to stick with her for awhile, nice to have something with weight every now and then and she's already growing on me.

Thanks for the responses guys, glad I kept at it.

Embearded

Is calm the actual state? I see a bunch of peaceful, tranquil or stable systems. Tried peaceful and nothing, although I'm exploring for a while since I saw somewhere that maybe Nada and Polo will show up after you've spent some time in the system.

I've noticed that space anomalies spawned all three times so far on systems i already was.
I just booted up the game and it informed me that a space anomaly was detected.

Yeah, let the ships actually be individualized by class - meaning, I should be able to identify a hauler at a station and seek them out for high quantities. Fighters should not have huge inventory, and if they do, it should be plutonium/zinc/titanium as they would canonically need those for repairing in dog-fights. There is slight fluctuation to individual pilots in a system, especially compared to 1.2, but overall it's pretty system driven. System-of-origin style background on pilots would flesh that out as it would imply they are also interlopers.

Yeah I'd be okay with this, and I like giving the NPCs more character background, especially as I think ship types should be even more specialized than they are. The fighters IMO still hold too much cargo at the top end, would've loved to see them max out at 20-25 slots, but give them more tech slots for upgrades. I think HG are being too cautious with this.

Man this is the trailer ship and maybe the pre-order one right?

I've been trying for over a year to find one like this!

Below was my (PS4) preorder ship. It's pretty close, but the preorder ship has a vertical wing, different color scheme, and the Viper-style three engines in back. Unicorn's ship looks kinda close to the trailer ship, but that one has engines at the start of the wings, and the wings tilt up on the ends. And different color scheme. I've never seen a trader flying an exact version of the preorder ship or the trailer ship.

I've never seen one of those fighters with the X-Wing style orange paint job before, pretty cool. X-Wings had the more angular chunky cockpit though, and no engines on the sides.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Just noticed a bug where you can repeatedly deconstruct ship mods that are in the tech section when buying a new ship. It's certainly abusable.

E92 M3

I make them as a by-product on my living glass farm, they're not too hard to get once you've got a few plants going. 200 solanium + 100 frost crystals | 200 star bulb + 100 cactus flesh. I only have 4 solanium plants as they're slow to grow so I'd recommend growing the frost crystals and star bulbs and gathering solanium and cactus from planets.

I'm not doing any farming yet lol.

--

Does the crashing economy method require a lot of warp cells? After every sale or 2 I have to go to a new system.

I'm not doing any farming yet lol.

--

Does the crashing economy method require a lot of warp cells? After every sale or 2 I have to go to a new system.

It does but you can buy upwards of 4k plutonium and heridium and a boat load of zinc from the other ships in space stations. Then just go to a freighter and grab a shit ton of Thamium and Carbon. Can craft 15-25 cells in 10ish minutes

And assuming you have the capacity, you're making 3-5M for every warp cell you're using.

E92 M3

It does but you can buy upwards of 4k plutonium and heridium and a boat load of zinc from the other ships in space stations. Then just go to a freighter and grab a shit ton of Thamium and Carbon. Can craft 15-25 cells in 10ish minutes

And assuming you have the capacity, you're making 3-5M for every warp cell you're using.

Please explain the thamium part. It's a huge limiting factor for me.

13ruce

Banned
Okay finally got plasmagrenades and damn this makes the game so much more fun lol, just blowing up stuff to smithereens or blow up sentinal drones in 1 shot.

And destroying the environment is fun too.

Just amazing.

Please explain the thamium part. It's a huge limiting factor for me.

Every other ship that flys into a freighter once you're in it sells thamium. Shoot for wealthy (or the various permutations of that word in Kyam's guide) systems and they will sometimes have 500-700 on hand.

E: at the risk of being over explanatory, this is any freighter. Doesn't need to be one you own.

Mindlog

Keep in mind that resonators are supplemental income. The goal is to have many different sources of income while off doing whatever it is you have fun doing in the game.
If you are patient and have a big exosuit you can purchase infinite resonators from ships arriving at the space station. Just much easier to do when the station itself has a large capacity (wealthy systems.)

My exotic is going to be my primary fighter when I get around to picking a new weapon. True enough on the haulers though. I have four haulers, one exotic fighter and my 48 slot C explorer that I will never trade in for anything.

Farm full bloom. The last two rows are the ones I bothered trying to align with purpose. Once I finish with the glass I can add capacity for two more explosives per cycle. Also started harvesting my freighter again since I have the right plants anyway. Free credits.
Pictured above and below is my crappy hauler that will soon be filled with enough goods to be more valuable than everything else I have combined.
My home system will buy explosives for over 1m each so I'm set with that as a minimum price for my first sale. Waiting to sell an entire full freighter at a time.

*Just realized I can dismantle that warp reactor upgrade for extra capacity.

E92 M3

Every other ship that flys into a freighter once you're in it sells thamium. Shoot for wealthy (or the various permutations of that word in Kyam's guide) systems and they will sometimes have 500-700 on hand.

E: at the risk of being over explanatory, this is any freighter. Doesn't need to be one you own.

Keep in mind that resonators are supplemental income. The goal is to have many different sources of income while off doing whatever it is you have fun doing in the game.

If you are patient and have a big exosuit you can purchase infinite resonators from ships arriving at the space station. Just much easier to do when the station itself has a large capacity (wealthy systems.)

My exotic is going to be my primary fighter when I get around to picking a new weapon. True enough on the haulers though. I have four haulers, one exotic fighter and my 48 slot C explorer that I will never trade in for anything.

Farm full bloom. The last two rows are the ones I bothered trying to align with purpose. Once I finish with the glass I can add capacity for two more explosives per cycle. Also started harvesting my freighter again since I have the right plants anyway. Free credits.

Pictured above and below is my crappy hauler that will soon be filled with enough goods to be more valuable than everything else I have combined.

My home system will buy explosives for over 1m each so I'm set with that as a minimum price for my first sale. Waiting to sell an entire full freighter at a time.

*Just realized I can dismantle that warp reactor upgrade for extra capacity.

Thanks gents!

Arttemis

Honestly economy is way too volatile and sensitive to just a single person conducting trade. Haha. I think once I get to 500mil in farming and have the ships and freighter I want I'll switch to a beauty planet and make my money from trading and scanning but get a mod that effects the economy sensitivity if by then the devs haven't done so themselves.

Also, I, uh, found an x-wing:

A631D2D523085ACD4A74780095DF7A271427C272
Awesome ship, but because of the fixed wings, I'd say it looks more like a Z-95 Headhunter than an X-Wing.
latest

Top Bottom