• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

MattAces

I'm darkleaper. I'm playing the game in creative mode. It already has the glyph learning and ability to power-up the glyphs already unlocked.

Ah, at least it's a confirmation creative can meet up with normal. I wanted to grab a mic but couldn't find one around me. It was such a cool moment and there's a monolith dropped out marking the location we met.

Kalentan

Wow just wow.

Decided to start a new base since I was told everything was refunded (or at least mostly) and that all the stuff in your banks would be to.

NOPE.

Lost everything in my storage containers.

Just wonderful. This update has been one kick to the balls after another.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
List of fixes already coming.

unknown.png

damn, they are on the ball.

gotta hand it to them.

I know this is a common question. But after I answer the question, 'As far as we know, they are not, and not mentioned in the patch notes,' I want to offer this for consideration.

1) Desert planets has now been added.
2) Terrain deformation has now been added.

If I wanted huge sandworms creating tunnels while moving, I would need these two things for that.
After seeing the sand planets I was hoping they might have snuck them in and your point about the terrain deformation tool is really good and gives me a little hope.

CHC

I'm really surprised how forgiving people have been. Basically everyone has been glad about this update.

I wish people treated Destiny the same way, but people never let go of that one.

No Man's Sky is fixing its issues via free updates, whereas Destiny did it by addressing issues in its (paid for) expansion packs.

Obviously there are other differences but that's one factor for sure.

So what happens after your game is patched?

What exactly do you lose?

Your whole base? Your learned technologies? Your inventory?

I'm thinking of maybe booting the game up tonight offline first, breaking down all the stuff into materials and then patching the game to get some of my materials back. Not sure if I have to though.

Honestly? Perhaps try starting over. I only say it because at the moment there's probably enough new stuff to distract you and take you away from having to redo things you've done. From what I gather you start with a base and money now.

Kalentan

The ๖ۜBronx;245931008 said:
Honestly? Perhaps try starting over. I only say it because at the moment there's probably enough new stuff to distract you and take you away from having to redo things you've done.

The start of the game was the worst part. I don't want to go back to that.

How is controller support on Steam for this? I have it on PS4 Pro but I just bought a new PC and would like to play it on there instead (Especially since it is on sale today)

I do not game with KB/M on my PC though so controller support would seal the deal here.

thanks!

Loudninja

what's joint exploration?

edit: nvm
just wish they would go full co-op already. would have bought instantly.

• Glitches in the simulation have begun to appear.
  • Visualised by strange floating orbs, up to 16 players can see and communicate with one another, and explore the universe together.
  • While interaction with others is currently very limited, this is an important first step into the world of synchronous co-op in No Man’s Sky.
  • While interaction is very limited, VOIP (Voice over IP) allows proximity based voice chat with other nearby explorers.
  • Use portals to quickly travel to more populated planets, or to meet up with friends.

OmegaFax

Ah, at least it's a confirmation creative can meet up with normal. I wanted to grab a mic but couldn't find one around me. It was such a cool moment and there's a monolith dropped out marking the location we met.

It was a really cool, surreal moment! Another cool thing: PS+ isn't required for these meet-ups. Not sure if that was mentioned.

MADGAME

Guess Sean wouldn't let us get away after shitting on the game for so many months. What a better way to get revenge than throwing us all on planets full of hateful creatures and shit.
Such bullshit, Sean Murray promised to personally ruin everyone's game by showing up at your house and deleting your save files. Instead he made base planets inhospitable. LIAR and fraud :p

Kalentan

Oh great. None of the people I hired decided to come to the new base even though people on forums said they would.

Jesus this update just screwed up everything.

wwm0nkey

Screw it I bought it. I enjoyed the gameplay when I tried it at a friends but got bored super fast. This + the previous updates are where I wanted the game to originally launch at, but better late (and cheaper) than never

OuterLimits

Well, this update screwed me a bit.

My base was on this beautiful lush haven, with a multitude of resources. I came back to find my base in a barren nuclear wasteland of a planet and shitty aggressive creatures to boot. Plus, some of the engineers I had hired disappeared.

I was in system where I had visited all the planets, and it immediately stuck me how, just after the update, it was saying they were all undiscovered locations. Guess they changed the seeds?

Also noticed the initial loading is much faster, though it's chugging/frame skipping badly.

Very curious to see what else has changed when I play it this evening.

On reddit, some are saying you can't recruit new people either at space stations. The game thinks your missing workers are still there at your base. Hopefully it gets fixed.

The clouds are also glitched on PS4.

Man, the story is actually gripping.

Met Altas for the "first" time after stepping through the portal. That planet was fucking fascinating, whatever it was.

Effect

Damn. My base is no longer on the planet I had. I had this lush green world with oceans. Completely gone now. The base is how I built it but on this dead rock now.

Edit:

Actually looking at the data I have it's the same damn planet. Like it's like the ecosystem just died though.

btkadams

I haven’t really played this at all since the first few weeks of release. I was one of the few that did enjoy it but after 20 hours of the grind I sort of fell off.

This trailer makes it look like such a different game... farming, vehicles, freighters, and terraforming what the fuck. Is it worth starting over? I feel like I was mostly just grinding for warp drive upgrades when I played this game at launch. Is that not a thing anymore?

I haven’t really played this at all since the first few weeks of release. I was one of the few that did enjoy it but after 20 hours of the grind I sort of fell off.

This trailer makes it look like such a different game... farming, vehicles, freighters, and terraforming what the fuck. Is it worth starting over? I feel like I was mostly just grinding for warp drive upgrades when I played this game at launch. Is that not a thing anymore?

I haven't played it yet but the loop will be the same I imagine. You're gonna need to grind to get those vehicles and freighters

8byte

Banned
what's joint exploration?

edit: nvm
just wish they would go full co-op already. would have bought instantly.

They're a small team. It's not like they don't want to, but it's not an easy feat. Even still, communication and meet ups are worth it, and the game offers quite a bit of meat.

Vibed

Would now be a good time to jump into this game on Steam? I think it might, although I could wait for further updates.

This will probably be the first game I'll play on my new laptop that'll flex it's GTX 1060 at Ultra settings. excited

I'm really surprised how forgiving people have been. Basically everyone has been glad about this update.

I wish people treated Destiny the same way, but people never let go of that one.

Didn't fans forgive and forget once The Take King dropped?I remember seeing nothing but positive reception towards Destiny after that.

Freeman76

Wow just wow.

Decided to start a new base since I was told everything was refunded (or at least mostly) and that all the stuff in your banks would be to.

NOPE.

I guess a NMS thread will always have these hyperbole drama posts...

They have added so much cool shit to this game but it will never be enough for some.

13ruce

Banned
Would now be a good time to jump into this game on Steam? I think it might, although I could wait for further updates.

This will probably be the first game I'll play on my new laptop that'll flex it's GTX 1060 at Ultra settings. excited

Perfect time after 3 big updates in total.
Looks like the game is now very close to what was promised originally.

I guess a NMS thread will always have these hyperbole drama posts...

They have added so much cool shit to this game but it will never be enough for some.

How is someone upset that hours and hours of hard work was wiped out by an update being hyperbolic in saying theyre extremely upset? It's totally justified

Top Bottom