• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

Every update has reintroduced blurry textures for AMD users but we could've at least change some ini settings and fix that, but the fixes don't work anymore so I'm still stuck with extremely low (like blurry squares for particles low) textures on everything.

Tried to play a little bit, flight physics felt a bit better, especially while boosting, and then a wanted ship jumped in so I killed him and took the bounty, a very Elite moment that put a smile on my face.

Hopefully I'll manage to resolve the graphics issue soon so I can jump back in.

Not really about the patch specifically, but spoilers I guess?

So when you
get to a new galaxy, is it basically the same thing? No difference in terms of "variation sliders?" Is there even a reason to leave Euclid?

In my mind, I would have expected things to get crazier the farther you go...

blackw0lf

Is anyone running this on a GTX 770 or equivalent? Wondering how well it runs now.

I was running the previous version pretty much full settings with little slowdown

OuterLimits

I like the additional info the game gives you on your solar system.

My home system. 5 planets, Dominant lifeforms: Gek. Economy: Construction/Failing Conflict Level: Stable.

Come on Gek, how could you let the system be failing like this.

Astra

It's been a year since I've played, and I have completely forgotten even the basics. It's like starting fresh. This is great!

Saiyan-Rox

The Atlas gods have punished you.

No question

Av2w1Uf.png

noomi

I'm a little surprised at PC performance....

with a 6700K @ 4.5GHZ, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and a 1080Ti GTX FTW3 I feel like I shouldn't be dropping down to 60's for FPS.

Was really hopping at 1440p resolution to be able to hit 100+ FPS :(

Ah well, guess I'll just cap it at 60 then.

ACR0019

Can anyone give detailed impressions about the 4K Pro mode's performance with the new patch? I've seen a few people talk about how it is chugging.

Are they gonna get sued by MGM for the blatant stargates? i mean it has a dhd and everything! not like stargate is a dead ip either now

ISee

I'm a little surprised at PC performance....

with a 6700K @ 4.5GHZ, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and a 1080Ti GTX FTW3 I feel like I shouldn't be dropping down to 60's for FPS.

Was really hopping at 1440p resolution to be able to hit 100+ FPS :(

Ah well, guess I'll just cap it at 60 then.

Turn of Vsync, unlock framerate (ingame) while setting a fps limit with RTSS and start the game in borderless window mode. Try again.

Bouniter

Well I gotta admit this is all good looking stuff and more steps in the right direction, having not played since launch I do now plan on giving it another go.

On the other hand it seems I will always feel bitterly disappointed and deceived that they don't have actual physical solar systems, planetary rotations the ability to fly past a star. Which frankly for me was just about the games biggest selling point. I never expected them to actual work physically speaking but I did expect them to look the part.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Can anyone give detailed impressions about the 4K Pro mode's performance with the new patch? I've seen a few people talk about how it is chugging.

A few people here and at a few people on the NMS discord are saying its as solid as it ever was.

HeeHo

Duuude. I did not think they were actually going to add terra forming. That was my last post in the other thread. I actually kind of felt like I was being greedy with that one. Very cool. Can't wait to make a base now.

Saiyan-Rox

I had this happen to me before this latest patch. Seems like a difficult glitch to fully fix with this kind of massive procedural generation.

Yeah I'd imagine so I dunno what even caused it it's right beside where i was mining...I lost so much gold :(

MattAces

If you get a portal address, screen cap. I want to see if I can get to your planet.
Here's mine, did you manage to activate it? I couldn't enter any address after activating every glyph

Edit: I just watched some other streamers portal video, they selected "activate portal" and it worked, but mine is requesting an address, which in the guide suggest I have to find fallen travelers and learn about the glyphs.
nGMnsAS.png

Riddler

Just logging in and sadly I might just have to start new. Granted I don't have a million credits or a base but losing my built suit, ship, words, etc.... is going to hurt. The new update seems worth it.

This looks crazy good compared to what was released a year ago. If they keep updating and supporting it with large content like this it'll be a real comeback.
Will be buying now :D

Bouniter

Holy crap this game keeps getting better and better! Also is it advisable to start a new game for the patch?

Most people seem to be, I know I wont myself because I spent to much time finding a top class ship I liked the look of to throw it away. It really does depend on the person and the situation.

Hopeford

It feels like they've now delivered the game they said they were going to. And I don't mean that in a negative way, I mean the road getting here was tough, but man this looks super great. Still don't think I'll jump in myself since the base building is not quite to the level I want it to be, but I'm pretty impressed regardless.

andrespi

Just restarted on ps4 8double dipped; I already had it on pc but didn't run well). It's amazing how much has improved. But I still don't know, do I need playstation plus to see other players? Just to know if I need to buy ps plus or not.

Top Bottom