• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

Damn this game is too overwhelming now.

I'm looking for monolith to find portals, while doing main story missions finding atlas station, while doing sub missions I've activated and missions I've received from space station AND a lot of planet discovery which leads to a chain of more stuff.
Not to mention base building, vehicles and freighters.
What do you do this in the game?

Textures are so sharp and detailed now! This was capped on the Pro at 1800p

36336373072_5aa9a4f89a_o.png
https://flic.kr/p/XmVpLU

Thank god there's a freaking quest log now, but I still have to remember discovery stuff and where to go.
They need to borrow a page from Horizon next, generating a quest in your log to remember what to do for items to craft.

It kinda does that. I just hit my inventory limit and it created a quest to upgrade my suit. It's even suggesting ways to get more resources like to build a signal booster first.

DeaDPo0L84

I admit, this does look kind of fun. Tell me when it's cheap and perhaps I will jump in.

Like $5 (or free).

So you want someone to personally message you when the game you have no interest in hits an unreasonable price point? So basically you are being a dick but wrapping it up in a very vague hint of interest.

belvedere

Junior Butler
That's why I won't be starting a new save. All that on top of having to rebuild my exosuit, ship, multitool, base, freighter, money and resources from zero? It would take 100 hours to get back to where I am now. Hopefully the new content isn't hopelessly confusing without starting from scratch. I dismantled the majority of my base last night, and I'm glad I did seeing how people's home planets have changed with the update. But I can't bring myself to restart from nothing. All of that absurd farming loop had to be for something, dammit.

Its looking like some of that is necessary anyway, while also missing out on story content only available at the start of the game.

I'm leaving my permadeath mode save alone, FWIW.

ZeroCDR

I bought this a few months ago on Amazon Warehouse for about $10.00 just in case the updates delivered and.. well looks like I'm finally firing this up soon :)

The framerate at 4K is weird. I changed my FOV to 100 and it actually seems fine now. Might have just been the planet I was on.

Van Bur3n

damn dude just say you don't actually want to play the game.
I take shits for $10

Buddy, I'm being truly sincere when I say I like what I see and I can see myself playing it. I'm a pretty cheap guy as it is, and I prefer getting my games for cheap. This still being NMS, I'd only ever get it at a price of $10. Alright? I'll go as low as $10 now. Take it or leave it.

So you want someone to personally message you when the game you have no interest in hits an unreasonable price point? So basically you are being a dick but wrapping it up in a very vague hint of interest.

Give this game a couple of years, and I could get it for $5 on Steam. That's usually how I go about these sort of things. Still waiting for Mankind Divided to hit that mark, and it's getting there.

Amazing update --- might just dive back in.

What I'd like to see before truly immersing myself in the game for a full playthrough:

Very strong ship-building & customization

Overhauled fauna system, with even more diverse spawning/creation algorithms, behaviors, animations etc.

Mystery sub-quests, similar to those of Sid Meier's Pirates! e.g. hunting for clues to the whereabouts of your lost crewmates (?), hunting down notorious pirates, bounty hunters, crime lords etc.

Attackable outposts, bases etc. of factions witht he game keeping track of your progress & history of attacking said bases. Similar to Pirates! where you get a letter of marque to attack certain ships & towns from certain countries.

The more things that get pulled from Sid Meier's Pirates!, the better --- this is turning into an absolute gem.

MattAces

Wait, so is 4k mode broken on the Pro? The framerate is that bad? I can't remember, is there also an option for 1080/60 or nah?

Apparently yes and also yes.

1080p60 is still good according to early reports

Playing on 1080p60 Pro with 100 FOV. works perfectly so far. There's definitely some minor unavoidable dips when there's a lot of pixels and lasers flying, but it didn't bug me at all. Overall very smooth.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i decided to double dip and get it on PC too! the difference is amazing from PS4. i think i'll be uninstalling it on PS4 now and going all in on PC.

I'm tempted to get this on Steam now that it's cheap.

cost me £16 from green man gaming. humble bundle are doing it for the same price too. i'm not gonna grudge paying £10 for the PS4 version but if you have a capable PC then PC is the way to go.

Kalentan

xAy6Yry.gif

My ship was halfway inside my halfway base so I was able to glitch out of it by going inside the ship.

My base is fucked. I can't do anything because I can't use my Multitool inside to dig it out. Talk about ruining what could have been an awesome patch by fucking over my hours of building in previous patches.

Fuck this.

JoeBoy101

My base is fucked. I can't do anything because I can't use my Multitool inside to dig it out. Talk about ruining what could have been an awesome patch by fucking over my hours of building in previous patches.

Fuck this.

Can you deconstruct it and rebuild?

Ah ah my base was on toxic planet with hazardous elements but I stayed there since there was a lot of cool ressources and now the planet is full of violet foliage with much less hazards.

I'll STAY THERE !!! it's my planet dammit .No amount of patches will make me leave .. ( evil laugh ! )

OuterLimits

Wait. So we don't start in the Elucid(sp?) galaxy anymore? Just realised I am in the Xuding galaxy. Going to make players really far apart now if we all are not starting in the same galaxy. I guess portals can take you to different ones?

MattAces

Wait. So we don't start in the Elucid(sp?) galaxy anymore? Just realised I am in the Xuding galaxy. Going to make players really far apart now if we all are not starting in the same galaxy. I guess portals can take you to different ones?

How do you check galaxy again?

SomTervo

I'm in euclid. Think it's random.

I put a lot of time into the game at launch, but I haven't touched it since before the first major patch/content update. Is my save file basically fucked at this point, or will everything carry over?

Sorry for asking something that's probably been answered hundreds of times, but I vaguely remember people complaining about slowdown and issues on pre-patch saves when the first patch dropped.

Z3M0G

Regretting trading the game away pretty hard... it was for Overwatch, which I later traded away as well...

But I re-purchased that, so I could also re-purchase this :p

1.2 didn't screw up base building. My base was perfectly intact and now they fucked it.

Is there anyway to regress to 1.2 on PS4? 1.3 is fucking shit.

Sorry for your loss... but for the gains here, it may be a necessary evil.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Regretting trading the game away pretty hard... it was for Overwatch, which I later traded away as well...

But I re-purchased that, so I could also re-purchase this :p

it's on sale on both PS4 (£10) + PC (£16) at least here in the UK it is. so go for it if it's on sale where you are :)

OuterLimits

So weird - they definitely warned players about this for update 1 i think.

Yeah. Update one though you mainly lost some of your discoveries. That one started base building. Second update didn't reset the Universe I think.

On normal mode my base is messed up badly. I started new game on Survival.

Top Bottom