• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky coming June 2016

todahawk

Don't understand why Sean would go on Colbert with 8 months to go :(

I'll be busy with FO4 and Battlefront for awhile so I guess it works out ok *kicks dirt*

Machina

Banned
I'm telling you guys right now, and you can quote me on this, this game is going to struggle very hard to live up to the hype it will have by the time it finally releases. June isn't even set in stone. This is literally the first time they have given indication of a release date. It may yet get pushed back even further.

Primus

This is all about being one of the primary launch titles for PSVR. That June 2016 date will move depending on when PSVR actually hits.

OnADock

Banned
Glad to have it out of the way.

Expecting PSVR support on Day 1 then. Also, not Xbox it seems.

If it supports PSVR, they will have to announce it soon, probably this year. There's no way they can continue to avoid announcing it much longer, especially given how lackluster the current PSVR lineup looks.

Daaaaaamn. That's an awesome get! When he said "I've seen things" I thought they were going to play his monologue over the trailer :)

Me too! Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies of all time and I love the speech that Rutger Hauer gives at the end. It actually gives me chills and in the right kind of mood, it makes my eyes tear-up for some reason. I love that fucking quote, so it's so cool that they got him to fool us into thinking it was the original monologue - only to reveal that it's a newly created version just for No Man's Sky! Awesome get, Sony and Hello Games!!!

I wonder if he ad-libbed anything in the trailer, like he did in Blade Runner with the "tears in rain" line?

Tigress

Looks like it. It had Console Exclusive logo at the beginning. So no NMS for Xbox peps.

Are we sure that's not a timed console exclusive still though? Cause I saw at least one article talking about the release date being announced still calling it a timed console exclusive.

Are we sure that's not a timed console exclusive still though? Cause I saw at least one article talking about the release date being announced still calling it a timed console exclusive.

But today we saw trailers start with First on PS4 or PS4 console exclusive (along with PS4 exclusive). NMS started with console exclusive.

Mifec

It's of no consequence to me, will be traveling Asia then, by the time I'm back better games will release, rip.

Kayant

If you go with their way of naming things as of late Console exclusive means just that. The only thing that would suggest it being timed would by if it said "Console Debut" or "First on PS4".

Also trailer in 60fps so PSVR support confirmed??!

ironcreed

Banned
I'm telling you guys right now, and you can quote me on this, this game is going to struggle very hard to live up to the hype it will have by the time it finally releases. June isn't even set in stone. This is literally the first time they have given indication of a release date. It may yet get pushed back even further.

If it gets delayed further, then it will start to slide off my radar. It is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Gruso

For a thousand summers, I will wait.

CVaA1IY.png

It's nice to finally have a release date after so many demos and trailers and whatnot. It feels like we've been waiting forever for this game so I'm fine with waiting some more, I'm just glad there's at least a general date.

Putting together an AA solution would be an interesting problem for this type of engine.

Due to the fact that the game generates the landscape on the fly based on the algorithm breakdown, what you see on the screen is literally being created right at that moment. So adding AA on top of something that is being generated and created in real-time seems like an issue far beyond just system power.

I don't really know how it would work. Unless they were able to store certain LOD's in RAM/Cache and apply the AA algorithms before they get generated on screen.

Its an interesting paradox, due to the way this engine creates the worlds.

Indeed the lack of AA is jarring. On the level of a Wii U game with absolutely 0 AA applied like Bayonetta or Mario Kart.

Hopefully over the next 8 months they are able to figure out a way to implement it.

With the game so based around exploration and discovery. You will be looking into the distance and looking at everything closely 100% of the time. It will be ... unpleasant ... to have bad AA all over a screen lush with grass and trees and structures.

Matush

Soooo, it could be on its 3rd E3 next year. Thats a big no-no in terms of planing from announcement to release.

Tigress

If it gets delayed further, then it will start to slide off my radar. It is getting a bit long in the tooth.

The only reason it's not for me is that I'm just that hyped for it (enough that if it had come out around now I'd have a hard time deciding between Fallout and it. And if you knew how excited I am for Fallout you'd realize how much hype that is. I frikking bought my PS4 when it came out pretty much cause I was sure Fallout 4 was not going to be supported on old gen (current at the time) and I was sure it would come to PS and it seemed Sony fixed why Bethesda doesn't do well on PS3 in the PS4. I was pretty much hyped for it soon as I finished Fallout 3 in 2013 <- yes I was really late to the game. I also didn't get my PS3 until 2012.

So far I have seen nothing that has me believe that it's not going to be as good as I think it will be (for me). The only disappointing thing I've seen is crafting is going to be a lot simpler than I originally had thought from what I can tell.

Even so I am definitely less hyped for it now (it's been dieing since E3 when I realized this is not going to be this year. It's just too annoying to keep the hype up so I've purposely been bringing myself down from it and trying to stop caring, well at least until it's a lot more solid that it's coming out and it's coming out soon. I've just been putting it in my mind that it's an empty promise until I get a believable release date and it's not so long in the future it can still easily be changed. That's really not a position you want to put people in when you want them to buy your game).

Ooccoo

Too late IMO. Fucking hate it when a game is hyped for years. Bethesda and Fallout 4 is the way to go. Hype has completely deflated for No Man's Sky, at least for me.

IvanJ

Banned
Release date was a huge disappointment for me.
So much hype, so much talk, so many presentations....
At least with June release date they can go for an E3 hat-trick

I was so hyped for this game in 2014, pumped for it in 2015, by the time it's released I'll already be over it...
I'll get it for $10 during a PSN Christmas sale.

pislit

The fact that you cannot retain interest in something despite delayed gratification strikes me as immature.

This.

It's a video game, it takes time to make it.

Are you guys those children who rolled and cried on the floor in the malls when their parents don't buy you toys?

daveo42

Banned
Glad we have a release window. Now to hope that there's some space between NMS and Persona 5. Summer 2016 seems like a good time to get a nice tan from my flat-screen TV.

Just think. We can get another trailer about flying from one planet to another at PSX. Another at the VGX's and Another at E3 because sony loves trailers at E3 for games that just came out.

ironcreed

Banned
The fact that you cannot retain interest in something despite delayed gratification strikes me as immature.

I am still quite interested, but that interest wanes as more and more time goes by and other games that I want actually release. But I still fully intend on getting it whenever it does finally come out and we will see how it holds up to what it is supposed to be. Nothing unreasonable or 'immature' about that. At least I don't think so.

Release date was a huge disappointment for me.
So much hype, so much talk, so many presentations....
At least with June release date they can go for an E3 hat-trick

I was so hyped for this game in 2014, pumped for it in 2015, by the time it's released I'll already be over it...
I'll get it for $10 during a PSN Christmas sale.

And if it reviews really well and or people playing it are raving about it, you'll have a side of crow along with NMS.

NMS keeps teaching me new things about fellow gamers. First it was just how little research people are willing to do beyond watching trailers. Now it's that people would rather a game that excites them only be shown as close to release as possible.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Glad to have it out of the way.

Expecting PSVR support on Day 1 then. Also, not Xbox it seems.

If it supports PSVR, they will have to announce it soon, probably this year. There's no way they can continue to avoid announcing it much longer, especially given how lackluster the current PSVR lineup looks.

I really really want that VR headset with this.

Was there anything said about the possibility of VR?

I don't feel like its happening at this point. Its had so many trailers and outings that them still not showing it hurts VR rather than "helps keep a surprise" at this point.

A real shame. It was also odd to not have any Mm Dreams in VR either. Are Sony gonna flub VR by not having any big content in its first year?

Ooccoo

This.

It's a video game, it takes time to make it.

Are you guys those children who rolled and cried on the floor in the malls when their parents don't buy you toys?

No, but if my mom told me each time "Hey look at this new toy, so great, but you can't have it now" three years in a row, I'd be pretty pissed.

Pizza

Maybe they'll give in and add some sort of multiplayer co-op of some sort. I really really hope so. I want to wander aimlessly with a pal

Top Bottom