• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky coming June 2016

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I believe he said that he wants them to release as close to each other as possible. I got the impression of maybe weeks difference but not months. A simultaneous launch would be great though.

As far as I can recall, Sean announced a simultaneous launch for the PC and PS4 versions during the E3 PC press show.

GhaleonEB

Yeah they are a small studio, and setbacks happens. But they had to known this a while go. I mean he was just on Colbert, you don't go on Colbert to shill unless your stuff is out or about to drop.

I am just being irrationally mad at the marketing. Why show this game every five minutes when no one can play for year? Just feels handled so poorly.

IGN had a whole month of coverage.

I was responding specifically to the announce date, not the more recent press coverage, which I agree is oddly timed given how far out it is.

As to the Colbert presentation, let's remember they might have an agreement with Sony to keep quiet until told otherwise. Similar to how P5 we kept hearing 2015 until otherwise.

I remember MS had it two years ago during their show in one trailer of indie games and then it was shown at Sony's, Xbox version unclear and now a console exclusive. A shame, but not a big deal. Next year I'll add the Ps4 to my collection anyway.

But let no one ever say only MS does this kind of stuff, lol.

AdanVC

I used to be pretty damn excited for this game but now I'm just like, eh, :( Definitely not a good idea to reveal a game and then release it 3 years later like this one did. But still looks cool af though.

More than just about any other game, they have to get this right at release, so I'm not surprised it's still so far off. Doesn't make the waiting any easier though.

I was hoping for Q1 2016. They succumbed to showing too much too early. I guess they could show more space action and element/material crafting at an expo, but they've already explained the gist of it 8 months from release. This was my most anticipated game and now I have to wait 2/3(!) of a year.

Aces&Eights

Agh, this ruins the chance that it would be a Morpheus launch title. Can't see Sony releasing it in June. Still hyped for the game, though.

I guess I'm not surprised; I got the sense that the team was racing against time, and with a title this ambitious it might have ended up a very flawed game. Good for them and Sony for letting it have the time it needs.

Though I imagine Sony was really hoping for NMS for xmas. It's strange that Sean Murray went on Colbert to hype it if it wasn't coming out this year. I wonder if Sony still thought it was at that time?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wow it finally gets a date. I didn't think it would still be so far off.

I do kinda hope they don't show any more of the game though. I guess I could just not pay attention like I usually do but I fear they are going to burn people out before the thing even gets released.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Disapointing but reasonable considering the scope of the game. Bug testing with probes must be tough - and I'm sure they've come up with entirely new ways to test the game given the way its created.

amnesiac

Really really really hope VR is supported if the wait is this long.

Wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed even further though.

kiguel182

Hopefully end of june so it doesn't clash that much with finals week.

Still, I'll have something awesome to play when that ends. It's going to be my reward. Can't wait!

Looking back on the info gap since e3, this sort of makes sense, I imagine that late 2015 was always an ambition, it was announced in 2013 after all. Still good to get a solid time frame though.

That's perfectly fine, at least we have a general timeframe to look out for.

That narrator voice sounded so familiar but couldn't quite figure it out myself, very cool to hear Rutger Hauer's voice. Kinda weird to have any sort of personality shown in relation to No Man's Sky, but that just confirms it further that the game has a global narrative for the folks that were wondering what's it all about.

Top Bottom