• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky coming June 2016

chekhonte

Sweet, I've been wanting another pure exploration game for a while. I hope NMS is can keep a sense of novelty and newness going for a few weeks.

Can't complain honestly. The rest of this year is packed, early next year has some games, summer needed something. With that much time left they can polish and add other cool features.

kaskade

I thought it was going to be a little earlier than that, in the winter was my guess. As long as the game turns out good I don't mind.

GhaleonEB

Bethesda did it right, announce game at E3, available in same calendar year.

I generally agree, but they were a small studio and probably wanted the lead time to build awareness; they didn't expect it to take off. And it's clearly taken longer than they expected to finish; last year they were hopeful to ship it this year, not deep into 2016.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Glad it finally has a date. I wonder if they'll be able to sustain my attention and interest until then. The game was definitely revealed a little too early.

Tigress

so...odds this gets delayed till fall 2016?

I'd say pretty good honestly. I mean the guy was predicting 2015 last year and never even came out and said it was delayed til now (when it was already painfully obvious. I've kinda been miffed he hasn't outright said it and now he at least finally did but fucking A, that's like waiting to say it until everyone already knew it anyways!).

Perfect timing. Always looking for something to play over the summer. Will actually be able to sink a lot of time into it, as the summer is currently constructed.

TheMan

Was hoping against hope we'd see this by Christmas, but I guess it's better if they polish and refine until it's truly ready

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
That's an unexpectedly long time between a Colbert apparition and release.

I wonder when the PC release is going to be.

That's a hell lot of jaggies in there.

I remember Sean Murray saying it would be a simultaneous release on both platforms.

CHC

They announced this way too early. I'm almost sure we're going to see a delay which pushes it into fall of 2016. It just feels like they threw a date out there to give some rough idea.

People really think they were going to release this game like 4 weeks from now with no marketing? Lmao. Halo 5 has really made some people lose their grip on reality.

Slayven

I generally agree, but they were a small studio and probably wanted the lead time to build awareness; they didn't expect it to take off. And it's clearly taken longer than they expected to finish; last year they were hopeful to ship it this year, not deep into 2016.

Yeah they are a small studio, and setbacks happens. But they had to known this a while go. I mean he was just on Colbert, you don't go on Colbert to shill unless your stuff is out or about to drop.

I am just being irrationally mad at the marketing. Why show this game every five minutes when no one can play for year? Just feels handled so poorly.

IGN had a whole month of coverage.

EGM1966

Good timeframe I think. There's too much going on late this year and early next year for it to have a chance to really stand out.

That said that's a long time to wait so that's a bummer on a personal level.

I remember Sean Murray saying it would be a simultaneous release on both platforms.

I believe he said that he wants them to release as close to each other as possible. I got the impression of maybe weeks difference but not months. A simultaneous launch would be great though.

So they have it as an exclusive now?

Looks like it. It had Console Exclusive logo at the beginning. So no NMS for Xbox peps.

Man Sony's got 2016 for Q1/Q2 on the lock down.
Jan: The Witness
Feb: SFV
Mar: Uncharted 4
Apr: Ratchet and Clank
Jun: NMS
Summer: Persona 5

Top Bottom