• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky coming June 2016

BigDug13

Sooner than I expected, would have pegged this for Autumn at the earliest.

People who were still expecting a 2015 release date are a few cards short of a deck.

They were presenting it on light night talk shows. They claimed 2015. Everything they've shown looks like a game ready to play. Not sure how that makes people "a few cards short of a deck", unless you just want to be insulting for the sake of it.

Grief.exe

I wouldn't be willing to forgive most games for this, but considering there's a specific reason for it, I'm not seeing it as that big a problem as I normally would.

I also wonder if the PC version will do better with it.

The PS4 will be massively CPU constrained, but the PC version won't fall under that restriction. Theoretically, should be able to brute force the calculations.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Not feeling the hype any more for this game but I guess it's cool we finally got a release date. I'll pick it up after reviews come out and if they are any good.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
This illustrates the negative side of revealing a game too early. They have actually managed to make me irritated with it. Just release the damn game already. There should be a rule that every game can only be at one E3. Three E3's is ridiculous.

Yeah honestly this is how I feel, i was just thinking this week how we haven't seen any of the game in a while. Also in the next 9 months or so I can't imagine there's all that much else they can show us without revealing too much...

Dammit.

Spawnling

Yeah honestly this is how I feel, i was just thinking this week how we haven't seen any of the game in a while. Also in the next 9 months or so I can't imagine there's all that much else they can show us without revealing too much...

Dammit.

The Division also says hi.

Jeremy

Has anyone wondered if they've been pushing it back to release once Sony VR becomes available? I'm sure it's been answered before but it seems logical to have a nice lineup for VR to convince people.

edit: nevermind, people have already introduced this idea.

The PS4 will be massively CPU constrained, but the PC version won't fall under that restriction. Theoretically, should be able to brute force the calculations.
Would this game be comparable to Elite: Dangerous in terms of how demanding it is?

I think Elite runs generally very well on my XB1. I expect No Man's Sky to be the same on PS4, if not better.

Jeremy

Damn, pretty far away. 8 more months to go. Wonder if the hype will be gone by the time it releases.

They'll probably push the marketing pretty hard, especially if it's launched around the time of PSVR. They're going to try to get it into as many hands as possible.

7 months isn't that bad and that's starting from November 1st, which is right around the corner; so it's more like six and a half months! It'll go by quickly and in no time, we will all be exploring the vast expanses of infinite, procedurally-generated space!

Bossun

As a huge skeptic since the beginning that PGW trailers was the best one so far and finally showed some meat with the space fights, the gun fights against the guardian thingy.

Still not entirely convinced but it's nice to see it. Still think the game would have been huge with the possibility to built a base or a house on a planet or space and to trade species.

That draw distance though.

avengerstonywellyourenotwrong_zpsf62e901f.gif

It's not very good, hopefully the PC versions will let us make adjustments to it and/or they extend it out on the PS4.

Grio

Neo Member
Wow, talk about a bit of a jump from the prior speculation of Q4 2015. They probably should of held out on some of the media attention though, all this hype and and 8 months to go. Killing me! Can't wait to play.

Finally watched the direct feed trailer (multiple times), nice to see different ship interiors, as well as BUILDINGS! Also cool to see more night gameplay, looks nice and dark.

I wonder if this is PC footage, because at around 40 seconds in you can see the creature draw distance is MUCH further out than it was in some of the latest footage of the game.

One thing I hope they implement is grass moving as creatures move through it, although I'm not sure how possible that is since they are using billboard grass...

Anyways, time to go watch the trailer a few more times!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Can we now move on from this debate?

When asked how much of the game is multiplayer, Sean Murray said, “yeah, you trade with the galactic economy and stuff like that. Erm, like, we really, like, very careful to downplay any multiplayer aspects and in some I just feel like saying there is none, forget about multiplayer” before going on to explain that “it’s not an MMO. It’s not a game you sit down and play with your friends. There are loads of games that do that and they’re way better at it than us. If you want a death match, No Man’s Sky is not for you.”

The man with a fondness for the work ‘like’ goes on to say, “we want you to feel that other people are playing the game at the same time, and perhaps the way that you’ll see that is the fact that this universe is being explored; you go to other places and see that they might have already been named, other interaction that you have and things that they’ve left behind for you – that we haven’t talked about – but you get the feeling that this isn’t a completely empty universe. There are other explorers in there with you. And yes, it’ll be possible for you to come across someone, we want those moment’s, but that’s not what the game’s about.”

http://www.thegamescabin.com/no-man...rray-would-prefer-that-we-all-just-forget-it/

I await you usual Gif ...

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Sorry, being a NMS nub: when he says you can/will run across other players, has that been detailed yet? Because everything about that quote says "don't expect to play with others" but then they say it can happen...so I'm curious to what extent/what your interactions can be.

The point is it's possible even thought it's extremely unlikely. That has always been the point and nothing more. I really can't understand why people don't understand this. It means that even though you can play this game none stop for a year and never ever meet or see another player, there's always that notion that one of those AI driven ships could have been a player. That's the point. This is a singleplayer game that feeds off the idea it's possible, it's not an online game that gives you hope you'll meet someone. It's a perception Sean Murray has built into the infrastructure on purpose. He wants you to feel like Robinson Crusoe with the very small chance of meeting Friday. That longing could not be achieved if there was a big chance of meeting someone. It adds an extra layer of emotion to the experience. It's damned clever but it's been somewhat ruined by people constantly going on about multiplayer.

c0Zm1c

There was a Game Informer article from last year titled something like "stop thinking of No Man's Sky as a multiplayer game." I guess people didn't.

autoduelist

The thing that I instantly liked in this trailer was narration of Rutger Hauer. And he started his speech with his famous "I've seen things..." line. :D

Ah, it was really him? I recognized the Blade Runner homage immediately (my favorite film of all time) and it sounded like him, but i wasn't sure. Not sure if I found it more distracting than good (simply because I'm so familiar with it) but overall, I guess it worked.

MADGAME

I can deal with a summer 2016 release but feel it has a good chance getting pushed further. This seems to be a game you can sink many, many hours into and still enjoy so if it needs more time in the oven, keep it in there.

Wonder if we'll see a NMS Hype Check thread soon
please don't

So about those rumours last week that they had trouble optimizing it for PS4 but even PC, and that it wasn't on PS4 during E3 this year. What's the......latest on that?

So about those rumours last week that they had trouble optimizing it for PS4 but even PC, and that it wasn't on PS4 during E3 this year. What's the......latest on that?

It's a game in development undergoing development. Games will sometimes have issues during development - but that is what development is for - to iron those issues out so that the finished product is flawless/near perfect.

Development.

...I had to say it one more time. ;)

Top Bottom