• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No need to fear...Madden 2008 PS3 30 FPS is HERE!!!!! :(

rage1973

DenogginizerOS said:
I am not sure why the xbots see this as a big victory. They spend most of their time saying Sonybots are delusional. Can a delusional person tell the difference between 60FPS and 30FPS?:lol
You are either retarded or blind if you can't tell the difference 60fps and 30fps especially in sports games.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
rage1973 said:
You are either retarded or blind if you can't tell the difference 60fps and 30fps especially in sports games.

You must be retarded because you clearly missed the point of my post.

dralla

638ny40.gif

What if the 360 version had been 30 fps and the the PS3 version was 60 fps. Everyone claiming that 60 fps doesn't matter (do these people even play football games?!?) would've been touting the power of the Cell processor as well as stating that 60 fps is the only way to play games, and you would've probably had some Xbox apologists pulling out the "30 fps is fine" defense, as well.

60 fps > 30 fps, especially for racing, sports, fighting, and FPS games.

TheDuce22

Banned
Its pretty damn amazing that 360 came out a full year before PS3 and still has an edge in nearly every 3rd party game. Has that ever happened before?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
TheDuce22 said:
Its pretty damn amazing that 360 came out a full year before PS3 and still has an edge in nearly every 3rd party game. Has that ever happened before?

It is also pretty damn amazing that Sony's 1st party games look better than the 360's games.

One can look at it from many points of view

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
TheDuce22 said:

Why is that amazing? 1 year lead development time, plus the PS3 isn't exactly meant for mediocre programmers. EA isn't known for its programming prowress. Sony is having to go out and send out their elite support guys (ie, programmers who know WTF they're doing) to third parties to help them get stuff working (see: UT3).

bobbytkc said:
It is also pretty damn amazing that Sony's 1st party games look better than the 360's games.

Don't even f*cking start.

joshcryer said:
Why is that amazing? 1 year lead development time, plus the PS3 isn't exactly meant for mediocre programmers. EA isn't known for its programming prowress. Sony is having to go out and send out their elite support guys (ie, programmers who know WTF they're doing) to third parties to help them get stuff working (see: UT3).

Because you could instantly see the difference last generation with the Xbox and PS2, as well as in the SNES/Genny generation for most non-sports games.

TheDuce22

Banned
bobbytkc said:

Whats so amazing about that? PS3 is more expensive and came out a year later. It SHOULD have better looking games and more powerfull hardware. Thats what one would expect. Thats why its so shocking that all these 3rd party games have trouble keeping up with the 360 versions.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
TheDuce22 said:
Whats so amazing about that? PS3 is more expensive and came out a year later. It SHOULD have better looking games and more powerfull hardware. Thats what one would expect.

Game budget is the main point of differentiation.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Why would Madden run at double the framerate of NCAA?

Do we live in some bizarro world where they aren't the same game with a different coat of paint? It's the same ****ing engine. Both should be 30 or both should be 60.

But EA was just being lazy and only had to be called out publicly to get them to change it!

No really, I wasn't paying attention and thought I clicked this was the NCAA 08 thread and it took me like twenty posts to realize what the **** was going on. MIDNIGHT LOOMS NEAR PUNKS!

Agent Icebeezy said:
Game budget is the main point of differentiation.

Yep. People are treating EA as one huge entity that sucks at life, when in reality they have some of the best-looking games on the planet (Crysis, Burnout Paradise, etc.). If people are going to take someone to task, at least blame Tiburon, for God's sake.

Agent Icebeezy

dammitmattt said:
Yep. People are treating EA as one huge entity that sucks at life, when in reality they have some of the best-looking games on the planet (Crysis, Burnout Paradise, etc.). If people are going to take someone to task, at least blame Tiburon, for God's sake.

No, this is just one of those shit on EA threads. How can they be taken to task when some of these 25 million dollar Sony games don't have intact frames rate? They work with the PS3 exclusively and that aren't doing it, why should EA be expected to? It just goes to show how great at developing Infinity Ward and others really are.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Agent Icebeezy said:
No, this is just one of those shit on EA threads. How can they be taken to task when some of these 25 million dollar Sony games don't have intact frames rate? They work with the PS3 exclusively and that aren't doing it, why should EA be expected to? It just goes to show how great at developing Infinity Ward and others really are.

The PS3 games are still in development? Doesn't that matter? I mean what games has sony published so far with poor framerate? Resistance, F1, Motorstorm...all consistent framerates.

Agent Icebeezy

Y2Kev said:
The PS3 games are still in development? Doesn't that matter? I mean what games has sony published so far with poor framerate? Resistance, F1, Motorstorm...all consistent framerates.

I'm talking screen tearing which is still related to frame rate. This is for games both published and unreleased.

Raistlin

Agent Icebeezy said:
I'm talking screen tearing which is still related to frame rate. This is for games both published and unreleased.

What Sony games have a lot of screen tearing?

LukeSmith

bobbytkc said:

Except your point of view lacks relevance to the current discussion.

It's a bummer for PS3 owners that the game is running at 30 fps, especially when the majority (probably vast majority) of Madden sales last gen came on Sony's platform.

YYZ

The 360 sales of Madden will dwarf the PS3 sales, but I think the vast majority of players on either side won't know about the FPS issue. Maybe if someone saw both versions running side by side then they might notice, but how likely is this? How much real world impact does this have on the biggest selling game every year?

People hate the average joe argument, but I think it is relevant here.

YYZ said:
The 360 sales of Madden will dwarf the PS3 sales, but I think the vast majority of players on either side won't know about the FPS issue. Maybe if someone saw both versions running side by side then they might notice, but how likely is this? How much real world impact does this have on the biggest selling game every year?

People know when the gameplay "feels" different, especially when they've been playing it for years. 60 fps matters to Madden gamers, even if they don't know how to qualify it.

YYZ said:

The assumption that Maddenheads are average joe consumers is laughable.

Agent Icebeezy

mintylurb said:
I'm rather curious about this as well. i haven't noticed screen tearing in both f1 and resistance.

None of these games are Saint's Row bad, where you are just forced to stop playing because your eyes

dammitmattt said:
People know when the gameplay "feels" different, especially when they've been playing it for years. 60 fps matters to Madden gamers, even if they don't know how to qualify it.
I can testify to this, actually. Not a EA Sports guy by any stretch of the imagination, but a few of my friends are the typical EA'oholics and I've been amazed how they've put off the 360 versions of Madden, NCAA, NBA Live despite all the pretty graphics and have played on the Xbox versions of all these game the past two years. You'd think they read game forums or something, but when I've asked them and they say it just doesn't feel right. Very suprising that they are really that sensitive to such things.

Agent Icebeezy

TheRipDizz said:
I can testify to this, actually. Not a EA Sports guy by any stretch of the imagination, but a few of my friends are the typical EA'oholics and I've been amazed how they've put off the 360 versions of Madden, NCAA, NBA Live despite all the pretty graphics and have played on the Xbox versions of all these game the past two years. You'd think they read game forums or something, but when I've asked them and they say it just doesn't feel right. Very suprising that they are really that sensitive to such things.

Controls are the most important part of a game, that's why.

I think for a game like Madden if anything, would be Less relevant to have 60 fps. I still think its important and i will grab the 360 version over the PS3 version, but out of all games, I would think this game wouldn't need it as much. Games like Fighters, Racing, FPS, are more demanding of crucial reflexes. Nonetheless, its a loss to the PS3.

I think its because EA doesnt see the point of putting a lot of resources into a game that will result in less income.

Mrbob

YYZ said:

If MS is smart they'll advertise this advantage.

X360 does, what PS3DON'T or something like that.

I think for a game like Madden if anything, would be Less relevant to have 60 fps. I still think its important and i will grab the 360 version over the PS3 version, but out of all games, I would think this game wouldn't need it as much. Games like Fighters, Racing, FPS, are more demanding of crucial reflexes. Nonetheless, its a loss to the PS3.

I think its because EA doesnt see the point of putting a lot of resources into a game that will result in less income.

No, no, no, no. Madden has been 30FPS the first two years on x360, and the games were a mess. The speed, the control, the precision, all lost. 60FPS brings it all back to the glory where sports games belong.

Son of Godzilla said:
The assumption that Maddenheads are average joe consumers is laughable.
Well, I wouldn't say they all are, but the great majority of "Maddenheads" I know very deffinately fit the bill. Quite uncanny actually how much most all fit the stereotype.

TheDuce22 said:
Whats so amazing about that? PS3 is more expensive and came out a year later. It SHOULD have better looking games and more powerfull hardware. Thats what one would expect.

Just like how the Wii is more powerful than the 360 right?

TheRipDizz said:
Well, I wouldn't say they all are, but the great majority of "Maddenheads" I know very deffinately fit the bill. Quite uncanny actually how much most all fit the stereotype.

I think they point was that they're not truly "casual" because they are hardcore about Madden, at least.

At least I think that was the point.

FightyF

Banned
joshcryer said:

If EA isn't up to the task, and clearly as you state, Epic isn't up to the task, there is a serious issue here.

Lion Heart said:

The idea that FPS is a gameplay element is absurd. It's graphical, and the slower paced a game is the more it's noticeable.

Agent Icebeezy said:
Controls are the most important part of a game, that's why.
Obviously, but when the best way they can describe their problem with the game is, "I dunno. They just move slower....or something" you kinda are suprised they know how to turn the system on. : P

Top Bottom