• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nominees for GCA's Best of E3 award announced, Evolve gets 6 nominations

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
the whole idea of an E3 awards list is stupid. might as well have a category called:

Best game that starts with E and ends with VOLVE
- Evolve (Turtle Rock/2K Games)
But you voted for the GAF E3 awards? So obviously not all E3 awards are stupid.

Silky

Banned
How weird. I never thought Evolve would be that much of a hype monster. I mean the game looks good, but I never thought that would be the next big thing.

And Shadow of Mordor, too. Maybe there are legitimately good games coming out from big pubs.

UberTag

But you voted for the GAF E3 awards? So obviously not all E3 awards are stupid.
Considering that Zelda won that list on the basis of a single "supposed actual gameplay" cutscene, you could make the argument that batch of awards was equally stupid.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They say this is a list of 39 publications but I only see 29 listed? Why do some get 2 (or possibly 3) votes? How many votes does Polygon get?
I assume it's actually that there are 29 publications and someone pressed the 3 button instead of the 2 button.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Considering that Zelda won that list on the basis of a single "supposed actual gameplay" cutscene, you could make the argument that batch of awards was equally stupid.
Of course you could, but there was never any pretense by anyone what the GAF awards are about. It's purely about hype and the second sentence in the voting thread says as much.

But if you thought they are dumb, why would you participate? There are plenty of people that didn't participate. ;-)

Kater

Banned
It's weird to see Nintendo nominated for "Best Online Multiplayer" with Splatoon.

After people said for years that they are behind the times when it comes to online play?
Yeah, I guess you are right.

It definitely makes my hype for Splatoon go through the roof though.

AHA-Lambda

I would call it more than a concept, since we saw some actual gameplay(opening shot on feild) though from a non gameplay angle, but yeah.

Some of these other nods werent too much better from what I saw though.
No Man's Sky and to an extent Rainbow Six, looked like staged tours through a level. I didnt realize the judges actually got to play them outside what was shown at E3.

Your comparison to no man's sky and rainbow six aren't too far off so I'd agree but it does sound like rainbow six was playable and reminiscent of what was shown at least.

Nevertheless Zelda won GAF's best of E3 but moaned about EA. Go figure.

Best Handheld Game
- Murasaki Baby (Ovosonico/Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Atlus/Atlus)
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (Sora/Namco-Bandai/Nintendo)
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (Square-Enix/Square-Enix)

Must have been a pretty weak showing if Curtain Call got a nomination. And I'm getting the fucking game. And 1 Vita game?

Considering the differences between the gameplay that I can see in the vids, I'm calling BS on it being just L4D. I respect that you're coming from evidently having hands on with the title, but I feel like this is a case of 'every shooter=same' mindset, or 'Titanfall=COD'.

I understand where you're coming from, I'm just warning people to not fall into that mindset of this game is going to change the genre because it got a few E3 awards.

Top Bottom