• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nosferatu Zodd will be playable in Bersek

ffvorax

The game looks damn promising... I actually loved the "Fist of the North Star" musou, so I have big expectations for this! :D

Sorry if I ask but... do we already have a release date for the EU/NA version of the game?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The game looks damn promising... I actually loved the "Fist of the North Star" musou, so I have big expectations for this! :D

Sorry if I ask but... do we already have a release date for the EU/NA version of the game?

Its coming out in like a few months last time I checked. Its weird we still haven't gotten a meatier gameplay trailer or anything.

Krowzer

Neo Member
At this point I don't even care if the game is bad or not. The look and style alone has completely sold me. I cannot fucking wait for this.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've never played a musou based on an existing story, so I'm wondering how they handle character selection. When you pick Zodd do you just play through the same stuff as you would if you picked Guts?

Also, in 1 on 1 fights do the combat mechanics at all resemble a decent character action game or what?

Cowie

I've never played a musou based on an existing story, so I'm wondering how they handle character selection. When you pick Zodd do you just play through the same stuff as you would if you picked Guts?

Also, in 1 on 1 fights do the combat mechanics at all resemble a decent character action game or what?

Typically, there's a story mode that will limit what characters are available based on what makes sense at that point in the story (with a little bit of leeway for fun's sake). There's also often side stories, challenges and/or other 'free' modes where you just play as whoever .

Anung

Un Rama
action2_4.jpg
action2_5.jpg

Holy shit this wait it going to kill me.

New002

As someone who's reading the manga for the first time - and enjoying it IMMENSELY, I'm currently at the point where
they just rescued Grifis from the underground tower, and they just fought the Bakirakas
- I really can't wait to play this game.

I just re-read it all a few weeks ago. I was bummed when I hit the end. I kind of wanted to start it over lol. Too much Berserk stuff going on and it has me hyped.

HStallion

Finally get to see the Slug Count in motion. Awesome. I hope we can play the entire castle raid with Guts just cutting through all the knights and soldiers till he finally arrives at the thrown room.

Finally get to see the Slug Count in motion. Awesome. I hope we can play the entire castle raid with Guts just cutting through all the knights and soldiers till he finally arrives at the thrown room.

i want an eclipse level that is basically survival mode and the satanic cult
orgy
being a level. Berserk is such a strong ip that I'm excited for a musou game.

Usually there is a specific "story mode" where you only play as characters that would be relevant to the situation going on (either the game chooses for you or you get a small selection). Which means we'll probably spend most of the game playing as Guts or whoever happens to be with him at the time. Probably no villains in the story mode.

Then there are side stories/scenarios which have their own self-contained plot that need not necessarily be relevant or canon where you play as villains, side characters, etc. Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games like to do this by having weird off the wall storylines where characters who die survive for whatever reason, or the wrong side wins a battle and things go from there. That kind of thing. And of course there is a story-less free play where you can just play any level as any character.

Combat in these games is pretty simple and 1v1 combat is usually not that different than vs. a group. The big difference is that officers do more damage, have combos and invincibility frames, and generally pose a similar level of threat that the player character does (minus the AI of course). Most of the difficulty usually comes from you getting worn down by attrition, not from any one particular threat (unless its Lu Bu). I wouldn't expect anything on the level of a character action game but they definitely have been working in more mechanics into the characters and combat recently so who knows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Wyald. I hate that creep.

I'd like to see what Void is capable of.

I can't believe that I'm getting this excited for musou game. Of course this isn't the ideal situation for a Berserk game, that would be a collaboration effort between CC2 (for amazing boss fights), Omega Force (for 1Vs1000s gameplay) and Sony Santa Monica (for brutality and gore aspect). But beggars can't be choosers so I'm very hype to play this game.

That being said, I wonder how will they handle the
Tower of Conviction Arc
. Thus far (I've read till chapter 244) it has been my favorite arc in manga especially the last part when
they are surrounded by demons and have to survive till morning
it was really intense, I loved it. Unfortunately I don't see Omega Force doing a level around that so they'll most likely just put in a cutscene. :(

NEO0MJ

Yeah it was bad of me for using top 5 as the limit. Guts is probably 7 or 8 with Zodd, skull knight and other apostles probably ranking higher.

I think the only apostle shown who was stronger than Zodd was Ganishka, right? Though the new ark could possibly introduce new characters who might be just under the god hand.

It is just me or does Zodd looks a little small?

Probably for gameplay reasons.

Baalzebup

I think the only apostle shown who was stronger than Zodd was Ganishka, right? Though the new ark could possibly introduce new characters who might be just under the god hand.

Grundbelds Apostle form is likely a match for that of Zodds. In man shapes Zodd would likely win, as he is the faster of the two and likely at least an equal in strength.

Pompadour

Fucking Wyald. I hate that creep.

I'd like to see what Void is capable of.

I don't think Void will do anything since the most he's really done, combat wise, is reflect Skull Knight's sword back at him.

It would be really good if you could see the Godhand in the Eclipse stage towering in the background.

Anung

Un Rama
I don't think Void will do anything since the most he's really done, combat wise, is reflect Skull Knight's sword back at him.

It would be really good if you could see the Godhand in the Eclipse stage towering in the background.

Void could probably manipulate causality so that anyone who tries to attack him dies of natural causes. Would make for an interest Musou game.

NEO0MJ

Grundbelds Apostle form is likely a match for that of Zodds. In man shapes Zodd would likely win, as he is the faster of the two and likely at least an equal in strength.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. Thinking about it in comparison to later apostles Zodd looks pretty basic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Ugh that's a wonderful idea.

I reckon there'll probably all be playable New Band of the Hawk.

Baalzebup

Void could probably manipulate causality so that anyone who tries to attack him dies of natural causes. Would make for an interest Musou game.

If by natural causes you mean everyone stabbing themselves to death as he bends time and space to have all those blades be redirected to the hearts of their owners. Steel through the heart is a natural cause of death, right?

If by natural causes you mean everyone stabbing themselves to death as he bends time and space to have all those blades be redirected to the hearts of their owners. Steel through the heart is a natural cause of death, right?

It's just suicide really, if you think about it. Voids going to be the only Musuo character who can complete a level with 0 kills.

Probably for gameplay reasons.

I would rank it as godhand
6. Ganishka
7. Skull knight
8. zodd
9. Grunbeld
10. Guts

It's hard to rank the lower half as they all have had draws/stalemate to have a clear winner. Love the fact how much the heroes are the underdogs in the grand scheme of things.

6. Ganishka
7. Skull knight
8. zodd
9. Grunbeld
10. Guts

It's hard to rank the lower half as they all have had draws/stalemate to have a clear winner. Love the fact how much the heroes are the underdogs in the grand scheme of things.
I always just assumed Grunbeld was stronger than Zodd. I guess because the dude's bigger than Zodd and just looks dense as fuck armor wise.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm with Host Samurai. Give us Corkus! And also Rickert and Pippin while we're there.

NEO0MJ

I feel that's not too uncommon a trope in manga.

I always just assumed Grunbeld was stronger than Zodd. I guess because the dude's bigger than Zodd and just looks dense as fuck armor wise.

Zodd has lived for a long time and so has more experience, probably including killing other monstrous apostles. One his main characteristics is how bored he is from the lack of strong opponents. In comparison Grunbeld fights when he has to.

HStallion

6. Ganishka
7. Skull knight
8. zodd
9. Grunbeld
10. Guts

Most skilled magic users are incredibly powerful, most likely far more so than normal apostles. The reason Ganishka was so powerful wasn't just because he was an apostle but because he was an apostle and a powerful magic user.

I'm with Host Samurai. Give us Corkus! And also Rickert and Pippin while we're there.

Pippin and Rickert are already confirmed as playable alongside Casca and Griffith.

Off topic, but does anyone know where I can find a good place to get the digital manga scans at a reasonable price? Any fan translated site has it horribly done and not organized at all. I've always been meaning to read this but haven't. (Don't mind physical if it's cheaper, which is practically unheard of.)

HStallion

Then we gotta get Corkus!

Judeau too I assume is playable

I got Judeau and Rickert mixed up. There are shots of him using his throwing knives. Corkus should just bitch and moan at enemies to take them out.

Where can I find a good place to get the digital manga scans at a reasonable price? Any fan translated site has it horribly done and not organized at all. I've always been meaning to read this but haven't.

There is no official English version in a digital format. One day...

5taquitos

Off topic, but does anyone know where I can find a good place to get the digital manga scans at a reasonable price? Any fan translated site has it horribly done and not organized at all. I've always been meaning to read this but haven't. (Don't mind physical if it's cheaper, which is practically unheard of.)

I don't believe Berserk is available digitally legitimately. Knuckle down and start investing in those volumes!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want Mature Rickert. Not "Mittens Rickert" from the Golden Age. He can still go!

You'll probably also get lame ol' Azan.

This manga is something else I had no idea!

Spent the whole day Googling stuff like 'Skull Knight', 'Rape Horse', 'Snake Baron', 'Wyald'. Some dark and violent shit. I knew it was violent but damn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This manga is something else I had no idea!

Spent the whole day Googling stuff like 'Skull Knight', 'Rape Horse', 'Snake Baron', 'Wyald'. Some dark and violent shit. I knew it was violent but damn.

skullknight.net is your friend. They've got all you need over there as far as catching up. They have a very good timeline of things as well.

Top Bottom