Notice how XBox is quietly doing well?

Jun 11, 2018
184
134
170
I remember it was exactly 2 years ago - Scalebound was cancelled and everyone was losing their shit. Trolls were ecstatic, predicting XBox was going to be sold off, etc.. 2 years later, XBox as as profitable as it's ever been, reputation is good and they've still sold 25% of the consoles in this generation despite the games problem.

One thing I do not notice very much anymore are trollish comments that predict XBox will be sold off any day now. Even the die-hard PS4 fanboys accept Xbox is not going anywhere. That alone is a victory.
This wall of text is so salty and butthurt lol if anything what you are describing is what Xbox fans and mistermedia x faithfulls were saying during the ps3 Era about Sony and guess what happened? Ps3 caught up and ps4 been spanking Xbox ever since :) . I actually never saw anyone say Microsoft would be sold off. What they did say was Milo and kinect was hot air and trash which are facts. Also cloud compute was hot air and not worth the resources, fact. And that Xbox has an exclusive game problem, facts.
 
Nov 25, 2015
6,000
2,610
475
Apr 17, 2007
5,185
551
880
This wall of text is so salty and butthurt lol if anything what you are describing is what Xbox fans and mistermedia x faithfulls were saying during the ps3 Era about Sony and guess what happened? Ps3 caught up and ps4 been spanking Xbox ever since :) . I actually never saw anyone say Microsoft would be sold off. What they did say was Milo and kinect was hot air and trash which are facts. Also cloud compute was hot air and not worth the resources, fact. And that Xbox has an exclusive game problem, facts.
The cloud is real, how else are you going to play Crackdown 3 at a whopping 30fps?
 
Likes: Gamernyc78
Jun 5, 2013
4,577
135
500
  • Z..

    Z..

Issue here is Japanese did not dominate software at that time outside Japan. That's a myth.
Checking the 10 highest selling games on Playstation and N64, you seem to be wrong. Doesn't mean that isn't the case overall, but the highest sellers seem to mostly come from Japan (especially so regarding the top 5) so if you're gonna say something like that you need to back it up with some concrete info or source, man.


Now with that out the way @Z.. , the Saturn had plenty of 3D games in Japan. I have no idea why you're trying to make the N64 look like some wizard that would always do better.

Even at Ltd the Saturn had more high selling titles and better software sales in general. It had the popular genres, and in some cases shared popular games with the PSX. The n64 was delayed and was outselling the saturn by a good ratio every year until the saturn was discontinued and outsold the Saturn in it's best year. Also iirc correctly Japanese Saturn analog beat n64 analogue (was actually digital but that's another discussion) to the market or were near the same time. N64 really had no real novelty over the Saturn in Japan.
False and you know it perfectly well. Being straight up disingenuous here. It had a huge novelty factor over the Saturn by virtue of it's 3D focus. The Saturn analog controller wasn't a main focus for the vast majority of games that supported it, with very few games being designed with it in mind. And you know perfectly well the 3D gameplay output on the Saturn was lacking, stop it. Also, you seem to be ignoring Nintendo's history with consumers yet again, do you realize how important brand familiarity is as a factor for consumers? This is market tendencies 101. Alas, all of this is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand since THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF WHAT I'M SAYING. The N64 is a great console with an awesome library, I'm not surprised it did good business in Japan. My single point since the start has been that the Saturn did very solid business in Japan, which in turn means it had the library to back it up. You keep insisting on tilting the narrative somewhere else because you're clearly obsessed with "winning" an online argument rather than attempting to engage me in a discussion regarding what I actually said, which was regarding the quality of the Saturn's library.


Sega also cut off the Saturn with the DC. Issue with Sega is they themselves often help their own demise. Saturn in japan actually could have been better.

Also there's no insult to Sega just facts, they never did anything competently in the console space. People get upset with that but they had poorly handled every game console they put out. Genesis started with luck primarily because of SoA but they messed that up in the end as well.
Agreed.


As for Xbox there are more than 12 "full exclusives" gaf has a search box, it's false. Period.
It 100% isn't. It's incredibly easy for you to prove me wrong. Just tell me what the exclusives are. Show them to me and you "win"(which seems to be your goal).


As for you personally you may be one of the 5 Windows store users but you've been generalizing the pc issue as if PC will significantly cannibalize sales. Which is false. MS doesn't care about your type of user outside extra $, they dont consider you all a threat to Xbox because you're not.

Regarding the bolded... have I? I mentioned nothing about sales, that I recall. What are you reffering to?


You May not like Xbox Ones output this gen and that's fine
Who said I don't like the One's output? I'm simply able to buy the games in a superior rig that involves me skipping an expense and therefore have no reason to buy one. I think the One is a solid choice for the average consumer, which is precisely who Microsoft want to reach the most. They're doing pretty solid numbers!



but when your intentionally attacking Xbox by comparing it to a company that has almost never been competent in the console market on nearly any objective level it just reads bad.
I did no such thing. Someone compared the Saturn's exclusive library to the One's and I called that comparison out because it's utter bullshit. I never attacked the Xbox brand (at all). I never even mentioned Sega, who you seem to be insiting I am comparing Microsoft to, all I ever did was talk about exclusive libraries until you came in and shifted the discussion elsewhere. What's your end game with all this? In short, it seems it's you who "reads bad", quite literally.
 
Likes: Tarkus98
May 9, 2018
773
440
205
Somewhere
Console warring aside, this is a bad thread. Lol Not hating on Xbox, I love the platform but this shit just promotes warring.

Can we just be happy that video game industry is healthy and that Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are doing well and are giving us fantastic games?
 
May 30, 2018
309
379
185
None of it was made up, that’s just revisionist history. Investors wanted it gone, MS tried to sell it but nobody would buy.

Some example articles below-

https://www.eteknix.com/microsoft-investor-wants-to-fire-ballmer-and-sell-xbox-division/

https://www.theverge.com/2014/5/6/5686380/bill-gates-comments-on-potential-microsoft-xbox-sale
That's not completely correct. Yes there were investors that wanted MS to sell off Xbox. Value was one of them. They got another investment group to go along with that plan.

There are a couple of things that should be taken into consideration though.

1. ValueAct's primary objective was to get rid of Ballmer.
2. The other investor wanted Balmer gone. They would've supported a xbox sell off if it was deemed beneficial.

So there were 2 stakeholders that were ok with selling off Xbox. While it is true that there were investors that would sell xbox, I think it's been WAY overblown. It's not like it was some 40-60 split or anything. The closest it ever came amounted to less than 1% wanting Xbox sold off... and that wasn't even their primary goal.

Also. MS never put Xbox up for sale, "but nobody would buy". That's patently false.
 
Likes: Pallas
Oct 28, 2017
75
110
195
Like people said around here they re copying numbers from other sources

Problem is I don't know the source/website for that

I'll be glad if someone here can help us know about it
They do copy other sources when they can. But when they can't, they just make it up. So it basically mean that all of their "fresh" numbers are bullshit, while only most of their old numbers are bullshit.
 
Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018
691
510
210
On one side no thread is a fan safe space where nobody can criticise anything (trollish one liners / banter is not "criticism" at all... it is trolling...) ...
On the other side... can we go to the "Sony threads" without finding a similar clique ;)? No... just another day in SonyGAF :)?
Not really sure what happens over in Sony threads but, I can guarantee it happens much more on the Xbox side if anything. I genuinely never go into Sony game threads so I couldnt tell you. Sony just doesnt appeal to me as a gamer. Period.
 
Aug 3, 2010
20,796
2,818
675
In a cave outside of Whooville.
Not really sure what happens over in Sony threads but, I can guarantee it happens much more on the Xbox side if anything. I genuinely never go into Sony game threads so I couldnt tell you. Sony just doesnt appeal to me as a gamer. Period.
I go into the Sony threads and there are people who shit on almost every game a thread gets made for.

But, since you guarantee it doesn't happen as much without even going into the threads, I guess that's the reality! :messenger_winking:
 

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
2,830
4,485
485
Not really sure what happens over in Sony threads but, I can guarantee it happens much more on the Xbox side if anything. I genuinely never go into Sony game threads so I couldnt tell you. Sony just doesnt appeal to me as a gamer. Period.
> Genuinely never goes into sony game threads
> Claims what happens in Sony Games threads.
> wtf.gif
 
Jun 5, 2013
4,577
135
500
  • Z..

    Z..

Sony just doesnt appeal to me as a gamer. Period.
See, this... this I genuinely do not understand. You can replace Sony with Microsoft or Nintendo and I still don't get it. All 3 make such a varied range of products that I can't comprehend these blanket statements being motivated by anything other than fanboyism. There's such a wide range of different stuff being made that disliking it all because of the only thing they have in common (who published it) just makes no sense to me. I mean, take Bloodborne, Last Guardian, God of War, Horizon, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Detroit, Until Dawn, Tearaway, Spider Man and Horizon as a batch for this example. They're so different and have such different and varied approaches that blanket stating none of them appeals to you just reeks of prejudice. How can none of those appeal to you? Don't you see how weird that is?
Same for people who say Microsoft doesn't appeal to them or Nintendo. It just doesn't make sense.
 
May 30, 2018
309
379
185
See, this... this I genuinely do not understand. You can replace Sony with Microsoft or Nintendo and I still don't get it. All 3 make such a varied range of products that I can't comprehend these blanket statements being motivated by anything other than fanboyism. There's such a wide range of different stuff being made that disliking it all because of the only thing they have in common (who published it) just makes no sense to me. I mean, take Bloodborne, Last Guardian, God of War, Horizon, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Detroit, Until Dawn, Tearaway, Spider Man and Horizon as a batch for this example. They're so different and have such different and varied approaches that blanket stating none of them appeals to you just reeks of prejudice. How can none of those appeal to you? Don't you see how weird that is?
Same for people who say Microsoft doesn't appeal to them or Nintendo. It just doesn't make sense.
If you prefer online focused games, or simply don't really care for 3rd person perspective, basically your entire list becomes instantly unappealing. At least to some degree.

Tbh, I personally find some of Sony's exclusives appealing... In theory. I say in that because once I actually start to play them, I lose interest rather quickly.

It's not that they're bad games. I started the Witcher 3, and stopped for almost a year before I got around to picking it back up. Watchdogs was the same, except I never went back to it. I thought that I would get immersed in those games, and I enjoyed them, but for some reason unknown to me. I get bored of the gameplay loop and story telling, and go play Siege, RL, or something else.

I know that Sony's exclusives are really polished games that are good. I just cant get into those kind of games much anymore. I don't have the time to sit down and get wrapped up in the stories, which are pretty poor most of the time anyway.

None of this makes Sony's games bad, or me a hater. It just means that Sony isn't interested in me, because they don't make games to my tastes. There's nothing wrong with that though, and I'm sure Gavon feels the same.

Maybe I've just become a dudebro gamer.
 
Jun 5, 2013
4,577
135
500
  • Z..

    Z..

If you prefer online focused games, or simply don't really care for 3rd person perspective, basically your entire list becomes instantly unappealing. At least to some degree.

Tbh, I personally find some of Sony's exclusives appealing... In theory. I say in that because once I actually start to play them, I lose interest rather quickly.

It's not that they're bad games. I started the Witcher 3, and stopped for almost a year before I got around to picking it back up. Watchdogs was the same, except I never went back to it. I thought that I would get immersed in those games, and I enjoyed them, but for some reason unknown to me. I get bored of the gameplay loop and story telling, and go play Siege, RL, or something else.

I know that Sony's exclusives are really polished games that are good. I just cant get into those kind of games much anymore. I don't have the time to sit down and get wrapped up in the stories, which are pretty poor most of the time anyway.

None of this makes Sony's games bad, or me a hater. It just means that Sony isn't interested in me, because they don't make games to my tastes. There's nothing wrong with that though, and I'm sure Gavon feels the same.

Maybe I've just become a dudebro gamer.
Is not caring for 3rd person perspective an actual thing, though? That seems so arbitrary. I know you're just using an example, though, don't worry. I suppose if online experiences are what you're after you'd be equally happy with either platform since all online heavy hitters this gen seem to have been third party and the choice becomes more about where your friends are than anything, though.

For reference, I'm not implying there's anything wrong with not liking Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo games, it just feels so anathema to being someone who enjoys video games to me personally that it's hard for me to understand. It's kind of like people who only enjoy one or two music genres, I can't quite wrap my head around how that works either.
 
Likes: Foxbat
Jan 18, 2019
166
110
115
No axtually Your stance is fiction. Pc isn't cannibalizing Xbox fans at all, and considering the Windows store we have data to back that up as well.

Show me where PC cannibalize Xbox sales? This fiction has been spread since 2001. Some of the best 360 games were on PC. I see Xbox having slanted sales ratios to PC, where is the cannibalization?
Can you show me where it doesn't? I've searched and googled and couldn't a single site which said how many units say, Gears 4 sold on PC.

I *did* however, stumbled upon multiple comments on various gaming sites with people who said that they wouldn't buy an Xbox because *insert Xbox console exclusive title here* was also available for the PC.
 
Last edited:
Feb 28, 2017
741
53
230
I don't know how quiet Switch is, but out of Xbox One OG, X, PS4 OG and PS4 Pro..... X is the quietest.
It’s 4 times louder than my 2080 i9 PC which runs circles around any console. That fact + complete lack of exclusives + terrible UI is reason enough for me not to own one. Pro might be louder, but I can deal with that trade off for exclusives and functional UI.
 
Jan 18, 2019
166
110
115
It’s 4 times louder than my 2080 i9 PC which runs circles around any console. That fact + complete lack of exclusives + terrible UI is reason enough for me not to own one. Pro might be louder, but I can deal with that trade off for exclusives and functional UI.
B-b-but exclusives don't matter in hardware sales!!
 
Oct 22, 2013
1,884
314
390
NYC-LA
Noticed how you spend quite a bit of time chucking shit and provoking posters other people are discussing with without really taking part of the discussion or adding meaningful and relevant to the thread (like just shouting “salty snowflakes lolz”)
Notice how quietly feathers are being rustled..plus gawd dam so many white salty flakes dropped by in the thread or it's just this time of the year, must be below zero.
 

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Jun 7, 2004
12,745
857
1,700
Not really sure what happens over in Sony threads but, I can guarantee it happens much more on the Xbox side if anything. I genuinely never go into Sony game threads so I couldnt tell you. Sony just doesnt appeal to me as a gamer. Period.
You do not know what happens in Sony threads as allegedly you do not visit them or maybe you do not remember doing so (...and forget about a thread on the front page designed to throw F.U.D. on a Sony exclusive right now, for example), but you guarantee it happens more on the Xbox ones... do you feel persecuted and emphasis is on “feel” as you make the argument that you have no evidence of it yourself?

1.) Is it possible that a good chunk of this “problem” is that in the world there are now more PS4 fans than Xbox One fans and PS4 fans may disagree on somethings the Xbox One fans dearly love... Xbox One fans feel oppressed by having to argue, etc... and this forum is reflecting that percentage of people?

2.) I really think you would have likely felt the opposite feeling if you were a PS3 fan in the first two years of its shelf life on these forums... it would have been a “MSGAF” problem then as the environment was similar if not worse if you focus on the feeling of not having a safe space to just talk about PS3 without having to argue with people... but GAF was not and is not any console protected from constructive and genuine discussion.

With ALL of that said trolling and dismissive / discussion enders meaning posts are taken care of by the mods, just as they should :).
 
Jan 12, 2018
691
510
210
If you prefer online focused games, or simply don't really care for 3rd person perspective, basically your entire list becomes instantly unappealing. At least to some degree.

Tbh, I personally find some of Sony's exclusives appealing... In theory. I say in that because once I actually start to play them, I lose interest rather quickly.

It's not that they're bad games. I started the Witcher 3, and stopped for almost a year before I got around to picking it back up. Watchdogs was the same, except I never went back to it. I thought that I would get immersed in those games, and I enjoyed them, but for some reason unknown to me. I get bored of the gameplay loop and story telling, and go play Siege, RL, or something else.

I know that Sony's exclusives are really polished games that are good. I just cant get into those kind of games much anymore. I don't have the time to sit down and get wrapped up in the stories, which are pretty poor most of the time anyway.

None of this makes Sony's games bad, or me a hater. It just means that Sony isn't interested in me, because they don't make games to my tastes. There's nothing wrong with that though, and I'm sure Gavon feels the same.

Maybe I've just become a dudebro gamer.
This.

I dont play games for story and narrative. I spend enough time doing that with my job. Nevermind that video game stories typically arent very good to begin with (aside from Quantum Break because I'm a sci-fi fiend..) I look more to great gameplay, is the game fun and online multi-player. I can just hop in and hop out when I get ready to. I dont really see video games as a true art form either - not yet at least - I look to them as just having a bit of fun when I have the time to spare. Xbox games are usually top-tier when it comes to gameplay. Live is just a beast for Multi-player, the best in the business.

There are exceptions though. RotT and SotTR are two games that nabbed me. FH3 and 4, Recore, Ryse and Halo 4. Part of maybe a handful of games I actually finish. If that ends up happening, then to me, that was a great game. Doesnt happen too often though.

Sony's games are usually trying to do the same with story and narrative for the most part. Great looking games they may be, but I just dont want to sit and try to understand a deep emotional story when I'm just looking to game for a minute and go about my business. The shelf life to many of Sony's MP games are super short lived, so nothing there for me. I see why others love their games though, absolutely. They're just not my bag.
 
Likes: Panajev2001a
Jan 12, 2018
691
510
210
> Genuinely never goes into sony game threads
> Claims what happens in Sony Games threads.
> wtf.gif
Lets call it an educated guess. GaF is super pro-Sony with way more Sony fans than Xbox fans here. Even Xbox threads turn into Sony threads after all the shit posting. Sony fans are SUPER vocal about games they dont care about - like Xbox games. Games they have no intention on playing, have never played, dont wanna play, etc. Which is so odd to me. Why go into a thread about a game or product you typically have no interest for.

Sony fan's situation is almost like, breaking up with your ex, she's gone for a year and then she wants to come back, but you refuse her even though you still love her and you really do wanna give it another shot. But you gangsta so you'll do dumb shit to show how gangsta you are.

That's usually the only way I can describe why Sony fans go into Xbox threads and shit em up. You actually love to hate Xbox because you are genuinely closet Xbox fanboys. Lol.

I'm a bit different. When I say I'm done, I'm done. This is not a test.

I dont second guess my decision, nor myself. If I see Something I want or appeals to me, I get it. If I dont like it, I really dont like. Again, this is not a test. Im not trying to be gangsta. . If I change my opinion on something, cool. I go with it. If I dont, I dont force it.

I guess that extends to my gaming tastes as well. This is why I dont go into Sony threads. I'm really not interested. That's why its hard for me to understand why Sony fans go into Xbox threads in droves and just barrage a product or game they say they have no interest in.

If you have no interest, why are you here? You trying to be gangsta, breh?
 

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Jun 7, 2004
12,745
857
1,700
Lets call it an educated guess. GaF is super pro-Sony with way more Sony fans than Xbox fans here. Even Xbox threads turn into Sony threads after all the shit posting. Sony fans are SUPER vocal about games they dont care about - like Xbox games. Games they have no intention on playing, have never played, dont wanna play, etc. Which is so odd to me. Why go into a thread about a game or product you typically have no interest for.

Sony fan's situation is almost like, breaking up with your ex, she's gone for a year and then she wants to come back, but you refuse her even though you still love her and you really do wanna give it another shot. But you gangsta so you'll do dumb shit to show how gangsta you are.

That's usually the only way I can describe why Sony fans go into Xbox threads and shit em up. You actually love to hate Xbox because you are genuinely closet Xbox fanboys. Lol.

I'm a bit different. When I say I'm done, I'm done. This is not a test.

I dont second guess my decision, nor myself. If I see Something I want or appeals to me, I get it. If I dont like it, I really dont like. Again, this is not a test. Im not trying to be gangsta. . If I change my opinion on something, cool. I go with it. If I dont, I dont force it.

I guess that extends to my gaming tastes as well. This is why I dont go into Sony threads. I'm really not interested. That's why its hard for me to understand why Sony fans go into Xbox threads in droves and just barrage a product or game they say they have no interest in.

If you have no interest, why are you here? You trying to be gangsta, breh?
What?!? Sorry but this was going left, right, and centre... whoa... :).

I think you have a wrong perception of GAF and what happens outside of Xbox related threads (some of which you may have forgotten about posting in which honestly can happen, like “Sony’s Leadership is Pretty Lazy at the moment”, but the big group put down on anything ND or Sony first party related wasn’t more around December / Holidays time)... your states lack of participation “there” does not make you an informed judge there....

I do understand the feeling that there are more PS4 fans out there than Xbox One fans... pretty much like inverted of the situation in the first two years of PS3’s life vs Xbox 360 for example... because there are more PS4 fans / happy customers than there are Xbox One ones. Does that surprise anyone really :)?
 
Likes: Yakuzakazuya

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
2,830
4,485
485
Lets call it an educated guess. GaF is super pro-Sony with way more Sony fans than Xbox fans here. Even Xbox threads turn into Sony threads after all the shit posting. Sony fans are SUPER vocal about games they dont care about - like Xbox games. Games they have no intention on playing, have never played, dont wanna play, etc. Which is so odd to me. Why go into a thread about a game or product you typically have no interest for.

Sony fan's situation is almost like, breaking up with your ex, she's gone for a year and then she wants to come back, but you refuse her even though you still love her and you really do wanna give it another shot. But you gangsta so you'll do dumb shit to show how gangsta you are.

That's usually the only way I can describe why Sony fans go into Xbox threads and shit em up. You actually love to hate Xbox because you are genuinely closet Xbox fanboys. Lol.

I'm a bit different. When I say I'm done, I'm done. This is not a test.

I dont second guess my decision, nor myself. If I see Something I want or appeals to me, I get it. If I dont like it, I really dont like. Again, this is not a test. Im not trying to be gangsta. . If I change my opinion on something, cool. I go with it. If I dont, I dont force it.

I guess that extends to my gaming tastes as well. This is why I dont go into Sony threads. I'm really not interested. That's why its hard for me to understand why Sony fans go into Xbox threads in droves and just barrage a product or game they say they have no interest in.

If you have no interest, why are you here? You trying to be gangsta, breh?
Just pointing out the hilarity of your inane post. GAF is not "pro-sony" or "pro-nintendo". It isn't "pro-microsoft" has some fanboys have tried to claim in the past either. We have console warring fanboys for PC, Nintendo, Xbox, and Sony all vying for our attention - no different than you and your rather whiny posts about "SonyGAF". Ultimately, you are just projecting your own fanboy tendencies onto others. The irony is that you genuinely don't seem to see this.
 
Nov 17, 2018
65
95
160
Texas City,Texas
Just pointing out the hilarity of your inane post. GAF is not "pro-sony" or "pro-nintendo". It isn't "pro-microsoft" has some fanboys have tried to claim in the past either. We have console warring fanboys for PC, Nintendo, Xbox, and Sony all vying for our attention - no different than you and your rather whiny posts about "SonyGAF". Ultimately, you are just projecting your own fanboy tendencies onto others. The irony is that you genuinely don't seem to see this.
Its shocking how unaware some of these posters are. Calling another group out while doing the same things routinely.
 

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
2,830
4,485
485
Its shocking how unaware some of these posters are. Calling another group out while doing the same things routinely.
Of course. In their minds, what they are doing is simply arguing "fact" and they are in the right. They are fighting off the "console fanboys" when in reality, they are exactly what they claim to hate.
 
Jun 26, 2013
2,821
869
385
Lets call it an educated guess. GaF is super pro-Sony with way more Sony fans than Xbox fans here. Even Xbox threads turn into Sony threads after all the shit posting. Sony fans are SUPER vocal about games they dont care about - like Xbox games. Games they have no intention on playing, have never played, dont wanna play, etc. Which is so odd to me. Why go into a thread about a game or product you typically have no interest for.
For the sake of argument, let's assume that GAF has more PS fans than Xbox fans. Just because there is one more type of fan than the other, that doesn't mean that the forum is biased towards one brand. That's just like saying because there are more men than women in a certain career, that particularly industry is sexist against women. It's a completely ridiculous notion.
 
Jan 18, 2019
166
110
115
For the sake of argument, let's assume that GAF has more PS fans than Xbox fans. Just because there is one more type of fan than the other, that doesn't mean that the forum is biased towards one brand. That's just like saying because there are more men than women in a certain career, that particularly industry is sexist against women. It's a completely ridiculous notion.
This, more or less. If the Sony fans outnumber the Xbox/Nintendo fans, it is only natural for the forums to lean towards Sony. That is to say, there will be more people clapping for Sony rather than Microsoft.

While I am a Sony fanboy, I have recently purchased an X1-X and must say that the quality of the machine is praiseworthy. After many months, I have a console that doesn't make me worry that it will take off whenever I play a visually demanding game.

Now, if only Sony would take the hint and make the PS5 whisper quiet through a decent cooling system ...
 

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Jun 25, 2018
2,930
2,393
405
Unknown Body, Proxima Centauri, 4th O.B.
No they weren't, otherwise that mod wouldn't have shown up.
You sure love referencing things without examples huh.

But keep pretending to be righteous.
I am not the guy making baseless accusations and i am also not the guy taking supplemental commentary as something negative.

Im trying to settle the difference. No need for anymore hostilities.
He said, before trash talking someone else. There was no difference to begin with but you making a random accusation and then trying to weasel your way out of it and backpedaling with the argument ''But you did it aswell, thrice!''

There is a difference, sadly time after time you didn't get that. Not my problem.
 
Nov 23, 2017
655
458
190
I'll be honest as to why I visit Xbox threads, even though I prefer the PlayStation 4 over the Xbox One.

Xbox was my preferred console of choice up until late 2014 when I purchased my PlayStation 4 console. My biggest complaint about the Xbox One console are the games. I'm not into Forza or Halo (at least not anymore) and I have little interest outside of Gears, Killer Instinct, Rise of the Tomb Raider (timed exclusive) and Quantum Break. I want to see Microsoft produce better quality games and I think they have really crap the bed this generation when it comes to providing games that will make the Xbox an attractive platform.


That's just my personal opinion. Xbox gamers might feel differently. They might feel that there are enough games to play. That's their choice.


The thing that I see in a lot of Xbox threads is hypocrisy from the hardcore Xbox community.


Street Fighter V and Gran Turismo Sport both didn't launch with a lot of content and both PlayStation and Xbox fans complained about this. But whenever a PS fan complains about Sea of Thieves launching with a lack of content, they get really defensive and defend it.

Xbox fans will tell you that PlayStation didn't have any great exclusives early on and their metacritic scores will reflect that. However, if you tell the hardcore Xbox fans on here that Xbox lacks quality exclusives and point out the metacritic scores, they get defensive.


I'm always curious to see what Microsoft is going to release in the future. If I think the game is bad or doesn't look appealing, then I'm going to express my opinion. But if Xbox fans say PlayStation games were bad early on this generation due to metacritic scores and that they lacked games early in the generation, then they shouldn't complain whenever PS fans do the same thing now. This is the type of hypocrisy I see and It's hard to understand.
 
May 30, 2018
309
379
185
I'll be honest as to why I visit Xbox threads, even though I prefer the PlayStation 4 over the Xbox One.

Xbox was my preferred console of choice up until late 2014 when I purchased my PlayStation 4 console. My biggest complaint about the Xbox One console are the games. I'm not into Forza or Halo (at least not anymore) and I have little interest outside of Gears, Killer Instinct, Rise of the Tomb Raider (timed exclusive) and Quantum Break. I want to see Microsoft produce better quality games and I think they have really crap the bed this generation when it comes to providing games that will make the Xbox an attractive platform.


That's just my personal opinion. Xbox gamers might feel differently. They might feel that there are enough games to play. That's their choice.


The thing that I see in a lot of Xbox threads is hypocrisy from the hardcore Xbox community.


Street Fighter V and Gran Turismo Sport both didn't launch with a lot of content and both PlayStation and Xbox fans complained about this. But whenever a PS fan complains about Sea of Thieves launching with a lack of content, they get really defensive and defend it.

Xbox fans will tell you that PlayStation didn't have any great exclusives early on and their metacritic scores will reflect that. However, if you tell the hardcore Xbox fans on here that Xbox lacks quality exclusives and point out the metacritic scores, they get defensive.


I'm always curious to see what Microsoft is going to release in the future. If I think the game is bad or doesn't look appealing, then I'm going to express my opinion. But if Xbox fans say PlayStation games were bad early on this generation due to metacritic scores and that they lacked games early in the generation, then they shouldn't complain whenever PS fans do the same thing now. This is the type of hypocrisy I see and It's hard to understand.
Impressive!
I thought whataboutism, and hypocrisy only went so far... Yet here we are.
 
Feb 6, 2019
62
13
95
If you at least have mid gaming pc and want console you dont want xbox because pc will do all that just better. Ther is no left just xbox exclusives over pc. Ms did that themselfs and now they will give all xbox content to any platform to stream. Even less need for their console
 
Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Jun 7, 2004
12,745
857
1,700
You say that like it's an illegitimate thing that MS continues backing their gaming platform.
It speaks more to how we often talk about free market and competition when reality is that corporations with an enormous backing from other business units, Sony did the same in the past using other divisions to cover losses and R&D, can alter the competition framework in a market even if that market for them were not profitable and just loss leading... even if it were because of for example bad choices and bad practices. Sorry a bit OT to be fair...
 
Jan 12, 2018
691
510
210
Just pointing out the hilarity of your inane post. GAF is not "pro-sony" or "pro-nintendo". It isn't "pro-microsoft" has some fanboys have tried to claim in the past either. We have console warring fanboys for PC, Nintendo, Xbox, and Sony all vying for our attention - no different than you and your rather whiny posts about "SonyGAF". Ultimately, you are just projecting your own fanboy tendencies onto others. The irony is that you genuinely don't seem to see this.
Wow! Pot meet kettle.

If anything I endorse Sony more than anything else on this site. But GaF is another animal all together. Now let me tell you about irony;

What's insane about it, is that this place isnt called a Sony centric site because there are more Sony gamers and they've got the best games. Everyone knows Sony had the best reviewed and selling games this gen. Hell, even people who arent gamers know this.

By all rights, they should be VERY secure in their preferred platform with no need to shit up anything Xbox. Xbox shouldnt be a threat by any stretch of the imagination. Sony has a more than 2:1 lead in hardware sales (almost 100 million hardware sales), a plethora of SP award winning games - most being juggernauts in software sales. Even with a sub par streaming service, they have more people subscribed to Ps Now than Xbox has for Gamepass. So why would you even begin to worry about the competition or their games when your favorite company is winning by such a land slide? You starting to see the irony here, my guy?

GaF is called Sony centric because of how frequently Xbox (insert anything positive about Xbox here_____) is harshly criticized or hated, typically by Sony fans. And it isnt just troll posts. Ive seen extreme hatred for anything Xbox/Microsoft here to the point my jaw hits the floor. And it happens in EVERY. SINGLE. POSITIVE. XBOX. THREAD. That's not projecting....those are just facts.

Perhaps you dont understand what projection means.
 
Last edited: