• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 8th

VinFTW

What I don't get is how the Xbox One is so high (1.2-1.3m?) while the PS4 is as high as it is.

Crazy industry we're in...

The Charts are in!

At first it seems the PS4 won with 13000 consoles sold to Xbox ones 500 and Wii U's 15:

TjnAII1.jpg

BUT then you realize Xbox one won. Why? Simple, because the Xbox one's

Bases of Installment™ is HIGHER! Of the 1300 PS4's only 10 are actively using them, for the Wii U's 15, only 3 are playing, but all 500 Xbox ones sold are being played:

qJ4ntx2.jpg

See? Bases of Installments™ or BOI® is the right measure for the winner.

StoopKid

I remember Colin from KindaFunny and many others after E3 were saying how the PS4 was going to be absolutely destroyed this Holiday season because they didn't have a premiere first party game this holiday.

Boy how wrong they were.

Aside from MS winning Oct. by only 35k it seems Sony made that ground back up and then some.

Third party cod and Star Wars deals were huge.

It was a different time, with November sales not playing a role as huge as today in overall Holiday seasons. Still, yeah, 1,500,000 for PS4 in November is huge.

Yeah, in general huge Black Friday/holiday deals are a recent phenomenon, which are the primary reason why console sales have become more concentrated in these months. I'd imagine video games aren't the only thing that this has happened to over the years.

I remember Colin from KindaFunny and many others after E3 were saying how the PS4 was going to be absolutely destroyed this Holiday season because they didn't have a premiere first party game this holiday.

Boy how wrong they were.

Aside from MS winning Oct. by only 35k it seems Sony made that ground back up and then some.

That thinking needs to go away. People are not buying PS4's or Xbones en mass to play exclusive titles.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

Boy how wrong they were.

Tbf I think he referring to the games line-up. IIRC he has maintained that the PS4 doesn't need the exclusives.

The Charts are in!

At first it seems the PS4 won with 13000 consoles sold to Xbox ones 500 and Wii U's 15:

TjnAII1.jpg

BUT then you realize Xbox one won. Why? Simple, because the Xbox one's

Bases of Installment™ is HIGHER! Of the 1300 PS4's only 10 are actively using them, for the Wii U's 15, only 3 are playing, but all 500 Xbox ones sold are being played:

qJ4ntx2.jpg

See? Bases of Installments™ or BOI® is the right measure for the winner.

this isn't just shitposting
this is advanced shitposting

rpg_fan

Yeah, he has no track record of being a NPD insider. Then again, he also has no track record of posting/tweeting dumb sales tales from his ass.

I'm sure that as he's gained some fame in this area, he would be able to find someone willing to share the info. Gives a leaker someone else's face to put behind the leaks.

Thank you for the correction

No problem! :)

I was just about to say who is Zhuge, why should we trust him and i heard he used to post on here so why would he have NPD numbers NOW?

Doesn't he work in the telecommunications industry so he has some degree of insider information? He doesn't pull numbers from his ass, and always used to write detailed threads with a crap tonne of charts. They were great.

So, the last official sales number for PS4 was 30.20 million sold. With the 1.5 million in November (if the number is accurate), PS4 has passed Sega Genesis' 30.75 million consoles sold. However, not knowing when the 30.20 million sold milestone was reached, it's possible that PS4 has also passed Nintendo 64's 32.93 million consoles sold. After that, Super Nintendo is next with 49.10 million consoles sold, which could take months, though with Uncharted 4 coming in March, perhaps sooner.

That thinking needs to go away. People are not buying PS4's or Xbones en mass to play exclusive titles.

I've been saying that ever since the start of this gen. How can people keep saying this when it's never been true so far with the XB1 and PS4? Do people need a decade of evidence before they change their minds?

Top Bottom