• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Team Omerta

Vince McMahon
Trigger Warning
Yeezus
Dr. Duncan
Stro

vs

Team On Some Boushy Shit

Beef
Aiii
Simplythebest
Brother Bean
BronsonLee (so I can big boot him)

Mount up

7xdO8L9.gif

strobogo

Banned
Best Zepplin album:

Houses of the Holy

I went through my Zep phase around 16 and thought IV was the best, but then I got really sick of Zep in general, especially the dumb as shit Lord of the Rings lyrics. But for whatever reason, No Quarter struck me recently and I was listening to House of the Holy. It's the dopest. No Quarter might be the best Zep song in general.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still got a huge attachment to IV, super accessible. I need to sit down and listen to HotH again, haven't listened in yeeeears.

strobogo

Banned
I still got a huge attachment to IV, super accessible. I need to sit down and listen to HotH again, haven't listened in yeeeears.

The Rain Song, No Quarter, Over The Hills and Far Away, the weird funk song, Dancing Days, D'yer Mak'er, The Ocean.

Varied and dope all around. VINTAGE Zep.

Fox318

Scott Hall was a sexy motherfucker in his prime.

God damn it Hall. You could have had it all!

HHH talked during Jericho's podcast how hall would just get up to work out do 2 squats and leave. Dude was a genetic monster.

Its not about out of shape its about not working out

NJPW friends, how do you feel about Yoshitatsu currently? I hate saying it but I feel he just doesn't have it.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for a few more months, see if he can re-adjust better to the New Japan in-ring style, but it was pretty remarkable how dull his match with AJ was in places - especially notable in a year when Styles is having great matches with everyone.

XenoRaven

Best Zepplin album:

Houses of the Holy

I went through my Zep phase around 16 and thought IV was the best, but then I got really sick of Zep in general, especially the dumb as shit Lord of the Rings lyrics. But for whatever reason, No Quarter struck me recently and I was listening to House of the Holy. It's the dopest. No Quarter might be the best Zep song in general.
I can argue with none of this.

DMczaf

So Amazon is going with a free ad-supported Amazon Prime Video streaming service next year.

WWE might want to look into this.

bjork

Putting me with a bunch of geezers. Are you implying that I'm an old man, motherfucker, friend?

Older the berry, the sweeter the juice, friend.

Target status report: ZERO game customers except me. No Smash people, no Pokemon people, no Amiibo scalpers. Just me and the girl that works there, got in and out quite smoothly. Now it's time to catch me a Kyogre, transfer all my shit to one cartridge, say I caught em all, and retire forever from Pokemon before the next one drops. I have a year, right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you all want to be some gambling-ass people in december. I'm looking to make some avatar bets.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Blade 3 is really fun.

If we did have an avatar rumble, is pretty much everyone ok with that wager?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can I keep my logo? What's the wager?

The usual, your avatar has to have the person who wins the avatar rumble. Keep the logo, stay for the Marchie Archie Level 2 Super.

I need to figure out a streaming solution, though. My old PVR is dead, and I can't go back to the 360. Which means 2k15 on the Bone, which brings a new set of problems...namely 2k15.

EDIT:
Sing along, Japan nerds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw-gmNoSKkA

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also friends, keep an eye on rudoreels.com - they've got a Black Friday sale coming up, a great time to grab some significant, comprehensive content on blu-ray.

If the avatar rumble is gonna run on current gen 2k15, prepare for a lot of this.

sxE2T3s.jpg

Since he's been a strong favorite to win Rumbles randomly in the game for some reason.

¡HarlequinPanic!;139820407 said:
c'mon wrasslegaf I can totally fit into a survivor series team.

I'll be the the stalker to el pescado's rocky maivia

I don't know how I feel about being The Rock. I was always a bigger Austin fan. Can I be Tyler Breeze or Masked Cody Rhodes or something?

strobogo

Banned
Gospel Gossip with Stro: Whattamark

Almost everything is exactly the same as Matthew, with some minor stuff about Jesus talking about various laws cut out. There were two endings added after the fact. One of which is had Jesus get really pissy with the 11 remaining disciples for not believing people who said he had risen, and then saying those who believe will be able to: expel Damon Kanes, speak in new tongues, be able to handle poisonous snakes, drink poison with no harm, and heal the sick.
OxpQd1s.jpg

Luke Harper

Gabe came down and told Zechariah he'd have a dope son named John who'd go on to do some rad shit for Jews. Zech was confused at how he and his old ass wife could have a baby. So Zech decided Zech would be a mute until John was born and Zech couldn't do his ministry stuff for a while.

Recap of how Mary was born. Gabe “will come upon you”. That's not how babies are born, Gabe.
iDrSrPSXb6NrB.gif

When Zech's wife Liz had the baby, she named him John. People around were shocked because the baby wasn't named after Zech. When Zech said the kid would be named John, they were even more shocked, apparently because the man didn't over rule his wife. Also because he could finally talk again. And then he wouldn't shut the fuck up. This baby was John the Baptist, which seems weird to me. Going by Matthew and Mark, it sounded to me like he was at least like...a generation if not more older than Jesus. But they were just a few months apart.

Mary had the baby. Put that sumbitch away in a manger because there was no room in the inn. Just then, Gabe came back and brought a ton of friends for the party. A lot of praise was had and whatnot. And news traveled fast because it got around to shepherds and smart guys all around somehow.
tumblr_n21s4qgdjv1tt2jjyo1_400.gif

The Kristophersons would head to Jerusalem every year for Passover. Well, at 12, Jesus stayed behind. Ma and Pa thought he was in the mini-van with them, but he wasn't. Naturally, they got all scared and huffy and went back to find him. He had been in the temple for 3 days, learning and understanding stuff. He didn't understand where the hell else they thought he would be. They didn't understand what he meant.
tumblr_mf3oy3kToA1r33r0fo1_500.gif

Fuck, this time the family line goes all the way back to God himself, from Adam down to Joseph. BUT HE ISN'T JOSEPH'S BLOOD. Come on, Luke. Shit. Get your facts straight you mother fucker. But if you want to go by this line, in the family are Seth, Jarod, Enoch, Methuselah, Noah, Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Judah, David, the other Joseph, Levi, the other Levi, and then Joseph. With like 40 other people in the line. But those are the ones you've probably heard of at some point.

Jesus had a promo go south on him and got booed out of the building.
ibyPDDqloyX0Uv.gif

Jesus fucking hates lawyers. If there is one thing he hates, it is definitely lawyers.
5904%20-%20clarence_mason%20glasses%20suit%20summerslam%20wwf.png

Like Moses, Jesus seems to be always in a simmering state of annoyance towards the Jews, and at times seems to prefer and be more impressed with Gentiles, even though the Jews are his main group of people to save.

According to Luke, Judas was possessed by Satan when he betrayed Jesus. I'm going to take this literally because it is more fun that way. It also appears Judas sealed it with a hug and a kisth, daddeh.
ibjf2YJd8T9en2.gif

Both Herod and Pilate wanted to release Jesus, thinking he hadn't really done anything to be killed for. But those god damn indie fans always want blood.
blood.jpg

Jesus takes his three day nap and whatnot. Meets up with some folks and lets them in on the secret. Then he shows up to the disciples and asks if they have anything good to eat. Dying and resurrecting gives you the munchies, man.
ryback.jpg

John Sina

Word (is) Life, yo.
1363221_o.gif

Law was given through Moses, but the Truth came through Jesus.
ibihRYHoK5YiqS.gif

Homeboy turned water into wine at a wedding.

At a temple in Jerusalem, Jesus found people selling and doing business inside. So he made a whip out of cords and REKT FOOLS. Knocked the shit out of them, threw everyone out, even the animals being sold, and had the whole building destroyed. It would be rebuilt in 3 days. He wasn't talking about the building, though. METAPHORS ALL UP IN THIS MUG!
yapacation2.gif

Cena 3:16 says NEVER GIVE UP

Jesus is a loaf of bread.
Ts0PQkf.jpg

Possibly also the Slim Jim guy
slim_jim_guy_eat_me.jpg

People bitch about Jesus healing people on the Sabbath, while being totally cool with doing circumcisions on the Sabbath. You can cut parts off, but not make someone whole? This is one of the many arguments Jesus makes for doing shit on the Sabbath, usually related to something like, "does a shepherd not chase after a lost lamb even on the Sabbath" type stuff, because sometimes the bible is as subtle as a Chris Nolan movie. Also, circumcision actually came from before Moses. Possibly started with the angels.

Jesus cut a scathing promo on the Jews, calling them fat ass half breeds that were not the children of Sarah and Abraham, but of the Devil. If they were truly the children of Sarah and Abe, they would know Jesus is THE MAN. Instead, they are the children of the shitty generation that Moses had to deal with and God let die off before getting to see any cool shit. So they started throwing shit at him.
iZx2ESLgcusz.gif

Lazarus is about to die. His sisters want Jesus to come save him, but Jesus doesn't do so. After Laz dies, the sisters blame him for inaction and their sadness makes him really sad, so he brings Laz back to life. And from that point on, he had to do all of his healing and preaching in secrecy, because that was the last straw for the fuzz that wanted to get rid of him anyway.
Ras.jpg

One of his disciples would only believe Jesus was risen if he put his finger in the nail holes and put his hand inside the spear would. So Jesus showed up later and got fingered.
tumblr_mhtzqqOSbB1s541rfo1_400.gif

The book ends on saying Jesus did so much cool shit that the world itself couldn't even hold all the books it would take to write them all down.

John is pretty much Jesus' Attitude Era. Also it is interesting to me that the start sounds like something straight out of Hinduism/Buddhism. The first 14 verses sound an awful lot like a description of the concept of Brahman to me.

Top Bottom