• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnby

Fan report from EC 2014.

Batista vs. ADR
I cannot emphasize enough how much the crowd hated Batista. Absolutely dead crowd except when ADR got offense in. Then there would be cheers. At one point a "Si! Si! Si!" chant broke out for ADR. Another loud CM Punk chant. Then shortly after a loud Y2J chant. Huge boos for Batista after he won the match that lasted until he walked backstage.

Reading this makes me so happy.

Apparently Wade Keller tweeted three hours ago that Batista injured his left arm.

I never wanna wish any physical harm for anyone no matter how much I personally feel about them, but there's a deep dark shred in me yelling "YES!" at this news. A very deep dark shred though.

But seriously who knows because dirtsheets

G-Fex

But but but but but but but but but ADR is the heel he attacked Batista with his crutches..they're supposed to be on Batistors side

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I would bet large sums of money that it is the CRTC (basically the FCC for Canada but even more invasive and restrictive) that is holding back the network from coming here.

Can't they just slap some Stampede Wrasslin' on at like 2 AM to make them happy, or is this more than just Cancon stuff?

Fan report from EC 2014.

Reading this makes me so happy.

Dammit, WWE Universe.

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HIS FRIEND!

strobogo

Banned
i27pEadFzv4kW.gif

Yo yo yo my name is Randy, I hear horses in my head. They named Sandy. I come OUTTA NOWHERE, I'm a millionaire, debonaire, yall fools just jealous cuz I still can grow hair. Punting ninjas like they was yesterdays news, I'll give your balls a case of the blues. Put you to sleep cuz you think I'm boring, you're snoring, I ain't no Danny Doring. Ima need a rag to clean up all these cans, but not before I shit in your bag.

What makes it funny for me is the tweet when he called the roster C players or some shit. Yet del fucking rio was getting more pops than you. Not even Brotista can save this run. It's dead. Crazy how Bootista got popular, wasn't that created on GAF?

ghostmind

Apologies to Batista's fans here, but I just don't understand what is so special about the guy that he warranted this monster push of a Rumble win and likely Wrestlemania win.

Yes, he is one of several actors in a possibly-big movie this year. However he's not the Rock - he's not even in the same league as Dwayne, who is also past his prime, but can get away with it via pure star power.

I don't get it. Unless HHH has so much sway now with Vince that he is able to get all of his old buddies into prime spots. I know Vince is getting old, but is he that far gone?

Fuck the crowd. These are the same cunts that ate up the Rock's shit when he returned, where he somehow managed to be less physical during his first year, than Batista during his first month back.

Maybe Batista didn't deserve going straight to the Mania main event, but he sure as hell doesn't deserve the hate he's getting right now.

Orton: Rapping equestrian

Batista: Injured horse

Cena: A Livestrong wrist band in human form
Cena is just a guy. A guy like you, or me, or anyone else IN THE WWE UNIVERSE, GOT IT?

*smackdown pop*
Apologies to Batista's fans here, but I just don't understand what is so special about the guy that he warranted this monster push of a Rumble win and likely Wrestlemania win.

Yes, he is one of several actors in a possibly-big movie this year. However he's not the Rock - he's not even in the same league as Dwayne, who is also past his prime, but can get away with it via pure star power.

I don't get it. Unless HHH has so much sway now with Vince that he is able to get all of his old buddies into prime spots.

We liked Batista when he was dropping pipebombs, making fun of Cena, and being a dick in general. When he came back, people were optimistically hoping THAT Batista would come back.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
This is my new favorite gif for some reason. Randy is about to drop some mad bars yo.

Seriously, I can't stop looking at it. Orton should just freestyle his promos like Cena used to. At least the crowd will have something to cheer about during his WM match.

What makes it funny for me is the tweet when he called the roster C players or some shit. Yet del fucking rio was getting more pops than you. Not even Brotista can save this run. It's dead. Crazy how Bootista got popular, wasn't that created on GAF?

Nah, Bootista's been around for years. It just got really popular because of the Royal Rumble.

I've always looked at Cena's gimmick as the one guy in everyone's friend group that never grew up, comes to your town, and wants to party like back in the day when you have a career and a family to take care of

Anth0ny

https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/437783861003821056

I mean Wade Keller's good people right? If this is true, I legit feel bad for Batista when he announces to the crowd that he's pulling out due to injury.

feel bad? he's going to get booed out of the fucking building at wrestlemania. a legit injury to take him out of mania would be the best case scenario at this point.

he'll have to go home and sleep on his bed made of marvel money.

718.gif

strobogo

Banned

I don't get it. Unless HHH has so much sway now with Vince that he is able to get all of his old buddies into prime spots.

Even the biggest Batista fan in Wrasslegaf (Sunny McFlower) can't defend Bootista. Dude looks terrible, didn't deserve to come in after 4 years and go straight to the WM main event, and is no where near the draw of Rock. Even his biggest supports will readily admit that. I don't think he has any fans left online. Or at live shows. Nobody wants him. He truly walks alone.

I don't think Batista has fans. I was on a WWE break (thanks Cena) during his prime, so I really don't know much about it. I just know that I don't care for him. Vince cares about money. He just wants Batista to get some national attention to put more butts in seats. The problem is that Batista is not really that big of an actor, so no one really cared. I think Hogan coming back was a bigger deal than Batista.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Since WWE has it's own network, they could easily make Mania 5 hours. For all the guys not in any storyline, it could open up some thing.

All former WWE/WHC guys that don't look like they have a program:
Big Show
ADR
Mark Henry
Mizzy
That guy with the fucked up knees
Ziggy
Sheamus
Khali
Christian

while the New Age Outlaws are the current tag champs

#bringbackthebrandsplit

kirblar

Brotista was incredible, but we only got it because he was leaving and no longer had any fucks to give.

The arm injury is going to freak out his agent just like Rock's did. Guardians will likely be huge and he'll need to be healthy for the sequel.

I don't get it. Unless HHH has so much sway now with Vince that he is able to get all of his old buddies into prime spots. I know Vince is getting old, but is he that far gone?

It's literally the movie. He left the company because he was unhappy but had the option of returning, and got a major role in one of the biggest blockbusters of the year. The company wanted him back, and he used the leverage he had to get an instant mega push, a certain title reign, 2 years, and $4 million.
Also yes HHH has that much sway. Batista isn't an example, but the Outlaws are. They have a multi-month title reign and guaranteed Mania title match in the year 2014. If that's not proof he has that much sway, I don't know what is.

Ya know who's not in a program at Mania??

Big Show.

No. But what he does have is 4 more years in the company, after which he'll retire. 4 more potential Show Mania matches. Yay?

Kinda think Batista would have had a much more favorable reaction if he looked even close to how he did before, he's smaller, with more weird star tattoos, and no eyebrows... who approved this new look?

Guy looks scrawnier than TDKR Bane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom