• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Hardware Sales Results for February 2007

IoCaster

laptopkitty2.jpg

v1cious

Banned
looks like Wii is starting to die down, but Sony...wow... that's really bad. they have to drop the price now, there's no other choice.

llTll

Banned
man

being Sony fan and PS3 owner, this kinda sucks -_-

and to anyone say next month will be better because of Home and BLP is smoking some heavey stuff.

i want to get the xbox 360. but i wont pay MS till they fix it [ hell even the new one i bought Nov 11 2006 has problems. but i didnt want to make big deal out of it here in gaf ] because i returned it.

as for Wii.. good news for Nintendo fans. good system thats for sure

ziran

Total February PS3 sales Japan + NA = 219k

Sony, it's time for you to spin like you've never spinned before!

pswii60

The first thing I saw was the long legs of the PS2. I mean, Sony has certainly done something right with that machine. But then you travel way, way, way down and see PS3. Shocking. In other news, Gamecube sales are still doing pretty well considering IMO.

LJ11

Souldriver said:
The fist person who comes in this thread to justify the PS3 numbers, loses al credibility from me for-ever.

I'm sure whoever that happens to be will lose sleep over it. :lol

fabprems

Wii is totally owned by the strengh of the PLAYSTATION© BRAND ! You read it first here
and then in Sony press release

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
v1cious said:
look like Wii is starting to die down, but Sony...wow... that's really bad. they have to drop the price now, there's no other choice.

Not at all actually, they sold what they shipped, and if you add in an extra week the sales would look about the same as last month.

v1cious said:
look like Wii is starting to die down, but Sony...wow... that's really bad. they have to drop the price now, there's no other choice.

Same idea. HOME, LittleBig Planet, Final fanatsy, Metal gear....all is lost if Sony doesn't low that price.
They CAN afford it, because now their electronic's section is very profitable !

Hero

Wow, what the heck. DS, Wii, and PS2 are pretty nice considering Feb. is a slow month.

I can't believe Wii sold that many considering I have yet to see a single unit sitting on a shelf anywhere. Xbox is chugging along at the same pace, I see. Poor, poor Playstation 3.

GhaleonEB

ziran said:

Sony, it's time for you to spin like you've never spinned before!
Holy shit. So the PS3 sales in February was not enough to offset the gap between the PS3 and the 360 in the US.

:lol

isn't it obvious now? When MS remodels the system, they should bundle an HD-DVD drive and a 120GB hard drive, like a lot of people have mentioned before.

yeah right. They really need a $100 price drop. $199 Core ftw

KINGMOKU

v1cious said:
looks like Wii is starting to die down, but Sony...wow... that's really bad. they have to drop the price now, there's no other choice.
I'm gonna keep tally of all the spin in this thread.

THAT IS NOT TRUE

Excellent spin non-theless.

Mar

ziran said:

H o l y, c r a p.

Sony bomba total. Couldn't have happpened to a nicer bunch of people though. Only Phil gets points in my book for being a somewhat honest guy.

Good news for my bank account when I finally buy a PS3. Surely a price drop is imminent by the end of the year.

chriskzoo

Banned
Let me plays Sony spin machine: "The Wii is not our competition. Nobody is not buying a PS3 because they already have a Wii. 360 is where we need to be focussed and as our releases ratchet up, we have no doubt we will outpace them."

As GAMERS, I think we should ask ourselves this: Would we be happy if both Sony and MS went the Nintendo route and gave us cheap hardware with innovative control schemes?

Bebpo

Banned
Sony needs to rip out everything they can that's not essential to playing PS3 games and drop to $299 or they're ****ed.

They're not even going to hit GC or DC numbers like this. Probably will be the worst selling console since 3DO

Haunted

This is just crazy.

LukeSmith said:
WOLLAN ARE YOU OK?
POST IF YOU ARE OK
:lol :lol You're really enjoying this, aren't you?
I know I am!

So many posts and no kermitcrazy.gif yet? disappointing, GAF, disappointing.

Top Bottom