• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November 2011 Sales Results [Update 7: Skyrim, CoD Wii, PC Retail Sales Up 57%]

Road

Damnit.

Anyway, I think we can put a 600k on Skyward Sword now, since it would make sense that 600k of Skyward Sword would be > 625k of Super Mario 3D Land in terms of revenue. Hence why the 3DS game did not make the Top10.
I thin the 600k for Skyward Sword is just not including limited editions.

It's not revenue.

qq more

noobie

Banned
Can we verify UC3 numbers?
i mean SM3L sold > 625k and is not in top 10.. and UC3 is 700k and is #7.. i feel things are getting too crowded between them or maybe UC3 numbers are not reported correctly...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Uncharted 3 is probably a bit down on the same time period of U2, no?

Not good when you consider they had a Black Friday this time, as well.

I thin the 600k for Skyward Sword is just not including limited editions.

It's not revenue.

Said this earlier, but I think Nintendo might have included the hardware bundles to give those software numbers. Would mess up the ordering in the chart which doesn't include them.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
So at least 1.8 million for Skyrim? Maybe they were comparing the new combined number with the 360 one. If it's even higher than that...

Didn't they say it's close to Oblivion's LTD? if they count all versions it's something close to 3 million.

now that i read the press release again, i think its skyward sword at 600k through nov 26 and more than 625k for super mario 3d land through the end of november.

tim.mbp

Damnit.

Anyway, I think we can put a 600k on Skyward Sword now, since it would make sense that 600k of Skyward Sword would be > 625k of Super Mario 3D Land in terms of revenue. Hence why the 3DS game did not make the Top10.

When does NPD tracking stop for the month? Nintendo's PR says the 600K is first week sales, SS came out Nov 20.

Fezan

Uncharted sales are disappointing...it had whole month larger advertising and even black friday sales.So GOW3 is still has the highest opening sales month for sony?
also looks like PS3 didn't sold as much even after the price drop..so all around disappointing month for sony

braves01

Banned
now that i read the press release again, i think its skyward sword at 600k through nov 26 and more than 625k for super mario 3d land through the end of november.

Yeah, the release says first week is 600k+, and a couple more days could easily make it >625K depending on when npd stops tracking.

edit: or the 625k for SM3DL includes hardware bundles

Mikey Jr.

:( Uncharted . Was hopping for 1 million. It had full month, Sony marketed the shit out of it. Bummer. What is wrong with people?

It was released in November. ND and Sony knew what they were getting into.

Having said that, 700k is nothing to be ashamed about. Remember, this is North America only as well.

guek

Banned
Uncharted sales are disappointing...it had whole month larger advertising and even black friday sales.So GOW3 is still has the highest opening sales month for sony?
also looks like PS3 didn't sold as much even after the price drop..so all around disappointing month for sony

it's kind of been an all around disappointing gen for sony. at least relative to the two previous gens.

Seda

Zelda was released on the 20th, and the NPD period was until the 26th, about a week.
We're told Zelda sold 600k in a week.
We're told that Mario sold 625k for the reporting period.
As I understand, that chart is not based on revenue.
Why is Mario not up there?

EDIT: Maybe The 600k number from Nintendo may only be standard editions, and the NPD number would be that plus limited editions.

or

the 625k Mario number from Nintendo includes 3DS bundles that are subtracted from the NPD numbers.

or something

Hiltz

Wii sold 860K in November? Very good! What were the previous Novembers for the Wii on NPD? Anyone got the numbers?

Wii Hardware Sales for November:

2006: 476k
2007: 981k
2008:2.04 million (best November)
2009: 1.26 million
2010: 1.27 million
2011: 860k (500k + from Black Friday - its best ever for that holiday)

Top Bottom