• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November 2011 Sales Results [Update 7: Skyrim, CoD Wii, PC Retail Sales Up 57%]

Uncharted sales are disappointing...it had whole month larger advertising and even black friday sales.So GOW3 is still has the highest opening sales month for sony?
also looks like PS3 didn't sold as much even after the price drop..so all around disappointing month for sony

U3 is no GoW3...

Fuck yeah Saints Row The Third!
Congrats Volition, you did a wonderful game.

The question is, what does those number mean for Zelda, are they good? How is it compared to past releases?

I think we've mostly solved it. It sold 600k software-only, and [x] amount of bundles and/or limited editions. That total puts it above 625k but below 700k.

Other way around. Chart doesn't include hardware bundles, Mario number is probably lower with software only.

(there was a mario bundle right?)

guek

Banned
I think we've mostly solved it. It sold 600k software-only, and [x] amount of bundles and/or limited editions. That total puts it above 625k but below 700k.

Whatever the LE shipment was, it completely sold out.

stupid nintendo...actually making limited quantities of something labeled as "limited"...i wanted a gold wiimote...*grumble grumble*

Basch

UC3 won't get a second shipment confirmed.

Somethings weird about this report. According to GI and Nintendo, the last four are separated by about 75,000. Likely less if Zelda did greater than 625,000, especially since Mario 3D Land didn't even chart despite the massive sales.

Regardless, selling 700K in a month ensures the million threshold will be crossed sooner rather than later. Sony shipped 3.8 million worldwide. Who knows how much of that went to NA. My guess is Sony will probably ship more.

Road

For the lack of better information

EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich said that Nintendo Wii owners are transitioning to the high-definition consoles. "That is where Microsoft is picking up a lot of extra consumers and of course revenue as well. Across the board, the HD console did really well this month, better than we were expecting. I think that is a great sign for the industry

They were expecting:

360 - 1.38 million (we know it should be over 1.75 million anyway)
PS3 - 693k

He might not even be talking about hardware, though.

Busaiku

Wii Hardware Sales for November:

2006: 476k
2007: 981k
2008:2.04 million (best November)
2009: 1.26 million
2010: 1.27 million
2011: 860k (500k + from Black Friday - its best ever for that holiday)

That's actually pretty bad.

Hero

Good numbers for Wii all things considered for a dead system with only Just Dance and Skyward Sword.

Xbox numbers are going to be insane though.

Wonder what Sony's numbers were.

I'm confused again now. :(

The top 10 list does not include hardware bundles but would include all versions including LE.
**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)
My assumption(only a guess) is that Nintendo gave us numbers that included all versions of the software so the Mario hardware bundles pushed it above Zelda but when only software was counted Zelda came out ahead.

Either way the numbers are probably really close to each other.

Uncharted 3 did pretty good.

getting more and more sales with each game is what you want so congrats ND.

I was expected more from Halo CEA but with no advertising what ya gonna do?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Good numbers for Wii all things considered for a dead system with only Just Dance and Skyward Sword.

Xbox numbers are going to be insane though.

I'm guessing . 1.89 Xbox for each Ps3 sold

canvee

Good numbers all around! Thought COD would suck up all the sales (9 million is mind-blowing) but 500/600k around the lower top ten makes me happy.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Still don't understand why Uncharted doesn't push numbers like say a Gears. After UC2 people should have no worries jumping in, and the multiplayer is one of the best of the gen. So weird.

guek

Banned

well they were the only ones not to put out a black friday statement so...
S2LFL.jpg

Busaiku

It's normal. The HD systems were built with a longer life span in mind. Wii, however, wasn't.

I still wouldn't have expected it to be the worst November ever (2006 was its launch, so that's not really a factor).
Especially when they had their best Black Friday ever.

Ridley327

Still don't understand why Uncharted doesn't push numbers like say a Gears. After UC2 people should have no worries jumping in, and the multiplayer is one of the best of the gen. So weird.

Uncharted 3 did not help itself out very much by coming out a mere week before getting clubbed in the knees by MW3 and Skyrim. With that kind of competition, I doubt Gears 3 would have posted significantly better numbers.

Hence, why MS wisely avoided that punch on the dance card.

duckroll

I suspect it's a combination of a single player game lacking multi-million selling appeal, and the multiplayer component being introduced too late in a generation to make a difference. The people who have jumped in earlier with Halo, CoD, and Gears, have already decided to stick with those games and communities. It's harder to breakthrough as the market gets more crowded.

Maybe for a single system yes, but definitely not combined... I think. Maybe.

We'll find out soon.
I get the feeling that when he said the 360 would be king (and not Microsoft) that he was talking about single systems. Might be my imagination though...

BurntPork

Banned
Zelda was released on the 20th, and the NPD period was until the 26th, about a week.
We're told Zelda sold 600k in a week.
We're told that Mario sold 625k for the reporting period.
As I understand, that chart is not based on revenue.
Why is Mario not up there?

EDIT: Maybe The 600k number from Nintendo may only be standard editions, and the NPD number would be that plus limited editions.

or

the 625k Mario number from Nintendo includes 3DS bundles that are subtracted from the NPD numbers.

or something

AHA! That explains it! Okay, it's not shipped.

Top Bottom