• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November 2011 Sales Results [Update 7: Skyrim, CoD Wii, PC Retail Sales Up 57%]

kuYuri

Deserved sales for MW3. Best game yet, ton of content for $60.

I expect lots of crow to be eaten for people who said it couldn't beat Black Ops' first month sales.

Looks like 3ds is doing fine. If I'm not mistaken, DS sold 480k in its debut month in November 2004. In November 2005, it only sold 370k units.

GCX

3DS seems to be back on track worldwide. Best-selling hardware in Japan and UK an not too shabby in US either.

As monstrous as MW3 sales are, I can't help shake the feeling of "that's it?" I guess all the PR got to my head and had me expecting a growth similar to what Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops saw.

Globox_82

Banned
:( Uncharted . Was hopping for 1 million. It had full month, Sony marketed the shit out of it. Bummer. What is wrong with people?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
How many units did Activision ship of MW3 anyways? I got the game a few days after release and there were plenty of copies everywhere. Still seemed that way every time I went to Best Buy in Nov.

qq more

Wii sold 860K in November? Very good! What were the previous Novembers for the Wii on NPD? Anyone got the numbers?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Looks like 3ds is doing fine. If I'm not mistaken, DS sold 480k in its debut month in November 2004. In November 2005, it only sold 370k units.

And in 2006, it did 916k, with the Lite already out.
It's even better than what I thought.

Apath

I'm happy about BF3. Good job on an excellent MP game DICE.
The actual gameplay is amazing. Literally everything else (menus, getting friends together, matchmaking) is complete and utter shit.

I think Dice had a competition to see how much they could drag down an incredible game with arbitrary stupid decisions like not allowing you to quit or change your load outs in a post-game lobby. Or not being able to quit when you die. Or splitting friends up onto two separate teams and putting them in different squads. Or not allowing you to stick with one map/vote on the next map, so you have to sit in the post-game lobby for a minute, wait for the next map to load, and then finally be able to quit so you can play something you like.

/console gamer woes rant

guek

Banned
And in 2006, it did 916k, with the Lite already out.
It's even better than what I thought.

As much as a lot of us bemoaned nintendo's reuse of the DS name and the confusion many consumers had over whether or no the 3DS was a successor or just a revision, I think its sales this holiday probably benefited greatly from the DS branding.

inky

Good news all around it seems. Waiting just for dat 360 number (and Skyrim figures would be nice).

:( Uncharted . Was hopping for 1 million. It had full month, Sony marketed the shit out of it. Bummer. What is wrong with people?

It's not the answer and I am probably going to get booed out of the thread :)P) but for me it was the online pass. I'll rent the game sometime next year.

duckroll

No idea because I assume NPD is including PC sales too.

Damnit.

Anyway, I think we can put a 600k on Skyward Sword now, since it would make sense that 600k of Skyward Sword would be > 625k of Super Mario 3D Land in terms of revenue. Hence why the 3DS game did not make the Top10.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Wii in November...

2006: 476K
2007: 981K
2008: 2040K
2009: 1260K
2010: 1273K
2011: 860K
So, I guess it's following a normal product life cycle. Peaked in between and is now slowing down. Nice timing by Nintendo to release the Wii U next year.

Top Bottom