• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November 2011 Sales Results [Update 7: Skyrim, CoD Wii, PC Retail Sales Up 57%]

BurntPork

Banned
... Wait, something's off here.

I think Nintendo gave shipped numbers for Mario. Why else would they say that the Mario number is higher when it isn't?

Mindlog

Nintendo News

“Great software and unparalleled value drove momentum on Black Friday and through November,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing.
Bingo!

When is NPD's in-depth DD report due? I forget is that a quarterly release?

Dabanton

How does MW3 do these numbers?

seriously??

do people just buy one game for the year and play that?

I felt the series had run its course after Modern Warfare 2 and that was 2 years ago.... will this series die out like Guitar Hero did?

and Uncharted 3 700k units sounds disappointing compared to MW3

Because it's a good game. With lots of MP content.

Didn't UC2 have half a month of sales while Uncharted 3 had the full month of November? It's not really a better debut.

I would've expected it to at least cross a million in its first month considering the massive amount of promotion it received (public beta, Subway promo, etc). But 700k is still good.

Competition is a killer. Too many games, not enough dollars in people's wallets and Skyrim really destroyed expectations.

Looking at it again, I guess the entire Top10 could be >625k. Which would explain why Super Mario 3D Land isn't on it. That'll mean that the remaining games are actually pretty close to Uncharted 3.
Isnt it usually the case that the bottom half is close in sales? I remember in years past #15 had sold like 500k

duckroll

Isnt it usually the case that the bottom half is close in sales? I remember in years past #15 had sold like 500k

Yeah, I was confused by the wording in Nintendo's report. They made it sound like Super Mario 3D Land outsold Skyward Sword.

Has to be. How else can it supposedly sell more than Zelda but not even be on the list?

It didn't. More than 625k could mean 625,635. More than 600k could mean 650,563. Sure the wording is really weird, but Nintendo probably has their reasons for it?

braves01

Banned
Looking at it again, I guess the entire Top10 could be >625k. Which would explain why Super Mario 3D Land isn't on it. That'll mean that the remaining games are actually pretty close to Uncharted 3.

That GI article earlier in the thread said both Mario and Halo are top 10 if you look at single SKU numbers.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So the 360 gap is 890k over the next console, and the Wii is at 860, and if the PS3 sold less than the Wii, we're looking at 1.7million ish XBoxes? O.O
Well the 360 did 1.37 million last year, and they mentioned something about shortages. So 1.7 million, well, isn't that shocking tbh. I was expecting more than 2 million, but still let's see how much it did.

TheNatural

My Member!
Looks like everyone did well this holiday in some way and have something to hang their hat on. It's amazing to me how this is the 6th year of this generation, you can make a case that none of the consoles have really hit the ultra budget pricing yet, the economy is in the shitter, and people are still buying games.

I think retailers pushed, and continue to push, some really great incentive deals to buying any sort of system and everyone is jumping on.

GavinGT

Banned
Modern Warfare 3 sold 7% better than Black Ops in its first month, whereas Black Ops sold 32% better than Modern Warfare 2.

Hooray for increasing at a decreasing rate! Maybe next year we see our first decline.

golem

Chart is based on revenue, not units sold no?

people are still buying assassin's creed?

i mean, they're not bad games but man, i'm surprised people aren't sick of em yet considering we've had a new one every year for like what...that past 4 years?

We've had a new Call of Duty game every year for like 7 at this point...

Did Zelda do better or worse than expected? With those big titles, I'm not sure what to think.

Just Dance 3 sold so much more than Zelda, but it was multi-platform this time.

Wonder how much the Wii version sold compared to Zelda.

Hope Zelda has long legs.

Bryan1321

Banned
That GI article earlier in the thread said both Mario and Halo are top 10 if you look at single SKU numbers.

What article???

Also, Great Numbers for Zelda

How was the opening for twilight Princess??

NPD isnt the same with this combined format,.....

DMeisterJ

Banned
Actually it's "somewhere between 890k and the next biggest gap recorded" over the next console.

I don't think anyone's done enough detective work yet to figure out an exact range.

:(
Oh, so someone has to find the next largest hardware gap after 2008.

This is like a logic test or something.

guek

Banned
We've had a new Call of Duty game every year for like 7 at this point...

Yeah but CoD is like the new madden with guns.

I dunno, I guess I just thought AC's draw would be waning by now. Part of that is because I've always thought they were only good games, not great.

Top Bottom